• Northern Shiverpeaks

19 19.39%
  • Sorrow's Furnace

24 24.49%
  • Crystal Desert

36 36.73%
  • DarkHaven

19 19.39%
    Just installed the Amnesia copy I got from the Indie Bundle.

Never again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love that game. They got smart and realized that the game is scarier if there's no way to kill the monster that's after you. If you have the means to kill the thing that scares you the scare factor is reduced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    the game is scarier if there's no way to kill the monster that's after you
    I still have nightmares....

10+ Year Old Account
    I love that game. They got smart and realized that the game is scarier if there's no way to kill the monster that's after you. If you have the means to kill the thing that scares you the scare factor is reduced.
    Yea, Amnesia lost the scare factor as well once you figured out how to make the monster despawn.

Indeed Roggles. The feeling of total vulnerability, coupled with the fact that for the most part all you see is a shadowy outline or silhouette of the monster really makes it terrifying, even if it's just a video game. No developer can design something scarier than what your brain comes up with from that blurry image.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny, because you remember the water monster that tries to nom nom you? It's actual model according to the data base thingy is just a blue sphere. They made a scary monster by NOT making a scary monster.

10+ Year Old Account
    its like in dead space and dead space 2 when the only time you're remotely scared is fighting regenerators

everything else is "ho hum, shoot off the limbs yea yea yea"
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    While I enjoyed dead space. I found it more creepy than scary. As Yahtzee said, the monsters act like attention hungry stars fighting for their chance at the spotlight. The monsters that did kinda freak me out were the female rammer things. They'd peak at you from behind a crate or something then charge at you honking like a mutant demon goose.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-06-03 at 11:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to prefer Terran. Then I tried Toss, and realized that Zealot/Stalker/Sentry/Immortal/Colossus Death Ball is more fun than MMM + Tanks. And somehow, Toss just plays to my srtrengths/weaknesses.

Anyways, I've been up since 11am yesterday, then went out to the soccer fields at 8am this morning, and I only got home a few minutes ago. Sunburned. Legs like jelly. Somehow still with eyes open. All for.... $100. Some of which I spent on a sub sammich and potato chips.

I'm gonna devour this sub sammich, stumble to my bed, and pass out into a coma until GW2 releases.
    Or maybe just this Friday
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I enjoyed dead space. I found it more creepy than scary. As Yahtzee said, the monsters act like attention hungry stars fighting for their chance at the spotlight. The monsters that did kinda freak me out were the female rammer things. They'd peak at you from behind a crate or something then charge at you honking like a mutant demon goose.
    the only thing that remotely bugged me was that chick in DS2 getting her eye stabbed out with a screwdriver

the "stick a needle in my eye" part was just "o, clever, that's all you got?"

tho its difficult to gross me out
    The Original Ganksta

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I used to prefer Terran. Then I tried Toss, and realized that Zealot/Stalker/Sentry/Immortal/Colossus Death Ball is more fun than MMM + Tanks. And somehow, Toss just plays to my srtrengths/weaknesses.

Anyways, I've been up since 11am yesterday, then went out to the soccer fields at 8am this morning, and I only got home a few minutes ago. Sunburned. Legs like jelly. Somehow still with eyes open. All for.... $100. Some of which I spent on a sub sammich and potato chips.

I'm gonna devour this sub sammich, stumble to my bed, and pass out into a coma until GW2 releases.
    Or maybe just this Friday
    Indeed, and it requires significantly less micro to use effectively. To be honest, the hardest part of Protoss is just mastering high templar or sentries really.

MMM requires a bunch of multitasking of different hot groups, proper splitting, and so on. It's really annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    the only thing that remotely bugged me was that chick in DS2 getting her eye stabbed out with a screwdriver

the "stick a needle in my eye" part was just "o, clever, that's all you got?"

tho its difficult to gross me out
    honestly, the second thing you mentioned was the one that got me. Just cause the first time I did it I just thought I had to hold down the mouse button.

yeeeah, I was like, "WTF!?" O.O;;;;;;;

then I noticed the eyeball moving around and realized what needed to be done. Then it wasn't so bad. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the monsters in dead space just made me lol hard tbh. Like that part when there's like a gazillion necromorph children charging at you in the pre school auditorium was hilarious. Mowing them down with my rivet gun and watching them fly everywhere screaming was hysterical.

I can't play Dead Space, I don't like horror shooters. XD I own the game, and I've gotten like 1/3 of the way through it after like a year.

On a Starcraft 2 related note, the best win is the no gg win. Making people ragequit = priceless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the monsters in dead space just made me lol hard tbh. Like that part when there's like a gazillion necromorph children charging at you in the pre school auditorium was hilarious. Mowing them down with my rivet gun and watching them fly everywhere screaming was hysterical.
    yeah that was fun. Until that sun out of fucking nowhere.

I admit I screamed. ^^;

---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 01:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I can't play Dead Space, I don't like horror shooters. XD I own the game, and I've gotten like 1/3 of the way through it after like a year.

On a Starcraft 2 related note, the best win is the no gg win. Making people ragequit = priceless.
    I love horror games. But I'm such a wuss. I have to play in the daylight or with as many lights on as I can in an enclosed room. (They can't get me if there's no entrance .)

XD
    Last edited by Vanni; 2012-06-04 at 01:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanni View Post
    yeah that was fun. Until that sun out of fucking nowhere.

I admit I screamed. ^^;

---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 01:55 AM ----------

I love horror games. But I'm such a wuss. I have to play in the daylight or with as many lights on as I can in an enclosed room. (They can't get me if there's no entrance .)

XD
    they can jump out of the screen and then you'll have nowhere to run
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    they can jump out of the screen and then you'll have nowhere to run

<.<

>.>

o.o

/bombshelter

10+ Year Old Account

<.<

>.>

o.o

/bombshelter
    its ok vanni, you can come here and ill protect you from the regenerator

---------- Post added 2012-06-03 at 08:27 PM ----------

also theres this
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    also theres this
    O.O

<curls up in the fetal position and rocks slowly> it'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit 'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit's notrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'sno trealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotreal!

10+ Year Old Account
    O.O

<curls up in the fetal position and rocks slowly> it'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit 'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit's notrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'sno trealit'snotrealit'snotrealit'snotreal!
    d'awwww /pat its ok
    The Original Ganksta