15+ Year Old Account

nercomancer question

new to necromancer currently level 12 just wondering what level do I get the rest of my minions

All minion options will be open by 30. If you wanna experiment with them now, go to the Heart of the Mists and give them a go.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    All minion options will be open by 30. If you wanna experiment with them now, go to the Heart of the Mists and give them a go.
    ok thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind, access to minions is determined by which slot skills you spend skill points on. You earn points to assign as you level. You can also gain them in the form of "scrolls" from treasure bags when you help kill champion monsters (this is very random, you may get them all the time, or rarely). There are also "skill point" challenges in every zone (usually at least a few) that will allow you to get more.

With time, you can conceivably get enough skill points to open up most of the skills your character has access to, but, you can only have 5 active at a time (including your healing skill). That said, you'll be mixing and matching a lot as you decide what you like.

Have they made minions any better since release or are they still worthless wet noodles with horrible AI and die if something looks at them wrong?

Minions will die fast to heavy AoE, same with Ranger pets. Any other situation, they do pretty well, especially with Staff support from a Necro. There have been some minor buffs, with Minions taking a little more benefit from the Necro's power, and a recent buff with the CD for spawning Jagged Horrors dropped from 30s to 15s. I use them all the time for solo exploration and never have any trouble, even most World Events, if I lose a few, I can get them back up fairly easily.

They buffed death nova so it is pretty good now - makes use out of minion death, huge aoe damage and poison. Not sure if it works on jagged horror spawns though.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Have they made minions any better since release or are they still worthless wet noodles with horrible AI and die if something looks at them wrong?
    MM necros, both Fetid Consumption and Explosion flavor, are actually really quite solid.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Thankfully they did. They're great for soloing. My necro is my hardiest class, even more so than my guardian and ranger.

Just wish we had a different elite pet. I hate the aesthetics of the flesh golem.

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Just wish we had a different elite pet. I hate the aesthetics of the flesh golem.
    I hate that we can't take him into the water. Seriously ANet, you couldn't give him an underwater skill that just knocks down what's near him in lieu of his charge?