36 36.73%
  • DarkHaven

19 19.39%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanni View Post
    And Sy, I admit nothing. <3
    ;]

Quote Originally Posted by nalle View Post
    I feel exactly the same, plus that I am just tired of the same ol' same ol', even if it was awesome for some time.
    yeah, that too^^

hmm...honestly I've been playing WoW the past couple days again and it's still fun to me despite having played GW2. Sure the whole tapping mobs thing is horrendous...but aside from that it's a pretty fun game still.
    well of course, i still see wow as a very good game (not to mention that 10m subs isn't exactly too bad^^). but i've just gotten bored with it by now. i guess if there was no gw2 on the horizon, i'd try mop when it comes out, but doubt it would be able to keep me for longer than a few months.

i hope gw2 will keep me for longer, at least casually

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    ;]
    DOWN! *hits with rolled up newspaper*

... umm

hi vanni :3
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-05-12 at 10:09 PM.
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    x_x /10sylvari

10+ Year Old Account
    well of course, i still see wow as a very good game (not to mention that 10m subs isn't exactly too bad^^). but i've just gotten bored with it by now. i guess if there was no gw2 on the horizon, i'd try mop when it comes out, but doubt it would be able to keep me for longer than a few months.

i hope gw2 will keep me for longer, at least casually
    The more I see about both games, the less I want to play MoP. I'm not sure if I entirely like that I'm losing my desire to play MoP (I'm stubborn as all get-out), but maybe that's a sign of addiction?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    I was looking at some video's on youtube with people leveling in the pandaren starting zone
    and I was really really exited for MoP but when they chose their faction they got tp'd to the main city of that faction and had to level further from there on.

so you have to do all the quests and stuff you did before on other toons all over again.
    was to be expected but it was a huge dissapointment for me and got me way of the game. and it made me think how much they actually add in an expansion.. A race or class and sometimes both, a new continent, some minor stuff to do on the side.. meh

I always go way off-topic for some reason

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    I was looking at some video's on youtube with people leveling in the pandaren starting zone
    and I was really really exited for MoP but when they chose their faction they got tp'd to the main city of that faction and had to level further from there on.

so you have to do all the quests and stuff you did before on other toons all over again.
    was to be expected but it was a huge dissapointment for me and got me way of the game. and it made me think how much they actually add in an expansion.. A race or class and sometimes both, a new continent, some minor stuff to do on the side.. meh

I always go way off-topic for some reason
    Yeah, that's part of what killed it for me too. I was thinking "Man, I may wanna reroll Monk for the expac!"
    And then I realized it would require me to yet again level a character through the 10-85 areas. When I could just grab one of my 5 85s and go with that.

When MMORPGs are at the point that making an alt would be boring because of repeating content... it may be time to quit, eh?
    That's part of what I love about the DE system and how they plan to update it.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    well to be fair, it may very well turn out similarly in gw2, after leveling 2 or 3 characters. you can do spvp right away, but for everything else you'll still want to level up.

although i'm hoping that it will still not be as boring (or should i say bland, because i did often have fun leveling) as in wow, because 1) the world feels more alive 2) you might still see some new events that you hadn't seen before and 3) with how the combat system works, leveling is actually fun from a gameplay perspective, not just repeated 3-button-pressing all over and over, without ever really beeing at risk of dying while doing normal quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    DOWN! *hits with rolled up newspaper*

... umm

hi vanni :3
    ...bad glytchy! No beating Sy. lol

x_x /10sylvari
    /huggles teh Sy. Oh you're fine you big faker.

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 11:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Yeah, that's part of what killed it for me too. I was thinking "Man, I may wanna reroll Monk for the expac!"
    And then I realized it would require me to yet again level a character through the 10-85 areas. When I could just grab one of my 5 85s and go with that.

When MMORPGs are at the point that making an alt would be boring because of repeating content... it may be time to quit, eh?
    That's part of what I love about the DE system and how they plan to update it.
    See I kinda get what you mean Drake. But at the same time...every class is different and has differing playstyles. So that's what keeps me somewhat interested. Now granted the leveling itself can be bothersome...but that has more to do with how the questing system is designed. I admit I don't read the quest text anymore (I have 4 85's) but at the same time the cutscenes and whatnot are still marvelous to me for some questlines.

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 11:41 PM ----------

well to be fair, it may very well turn out similarly in gw2, after leveling 2 or 3 characters. you can do spvp right away, but for everything else you'll still want to level up.

although i'm hoping that it will still not be as boring (or should i say bland, because i did often have fun leveling) as in wow, because 1) the world feels more alive 2) you might still see some new events that you hadn't seen before and 3) with how the combat system works, leveling is actually fun from a gameplay perspective, not just repeated 3-button-pressing all over and over, without ever really beeing at risk of dying while doing normal quests.
    Well I can weigh in on that a bit I think. I leveled 5 chars during the BWE. 3 of them were human 2 were norn. The fact that I'd already done the dynamic events in the starter areas didn't really detract too much from the overall experience. But like I've cited above, small differences in characters/playstyle can make up for other stuff for me.

;]

aww, sowwz
    i did want to quote you too, but i have no clue about that pc stuff, so didn't have anything to quote.

i still wubz u though <3
    I fogivz u ;D

And bleurgh...MoP. Yh, but no. I've seen some of the NPC dialogue quoted here and there, and that, let alone the as you say very outdated feeling mechanics, has really put me off.
    I mean, NPCs shouting such things as "take that monkeybutts!" rly? o.0 Kinda degenerated into utter childishness now.

Deleted
    I liked how that king in stormwind said "Haaaaay guuurrll" if you were a female pandaren

was only for the beta though
    sadface

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I fogivz u ;D

And bleurgh...MoP. Yh, but no. I've seen some of the NPC dialogue quoted here and there, and that, let alone the as you say very outdated feeling mechanics, has really put me off.
    I mean, NPCs shouting such things as "take that monkeybutts!" rly? o.0 Kinda degenerated into utter childishness now.
    Have you just seen screenshots or are you in teh beta? Cause I'm in the beta and I can say that things feel a bit different, in a better way.

(I realize I may sound like I'm defending MoP...and in a way I am. The whole "It's so childish now!" arguement is making me want to slap people.)

I haven't seen the 85+ leveling areas yet so I can't speak with 100% confidence but I'm fairly sure it'll be a great xpac from what little I've seen so far.

Don't mean to single you out Squirrel...but it's the childish thing that kinda makes me want to respond. -_-;;

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 11:51 PM ----------

I liked how that king in stormwind said "Haaaaay guuurrll" if you were a female pandaren

was only for the beta though
    sadface
    rofl, yeah that was hilarious. I damn near choked on my pop when I read that.

10+ Year Old Account
    See I kinda get what you mean Drake. But at the same time...every class is different and has differing playstyles.
    Not when leveling they don't. Not really, until higher levels.

Have you just seen screenshots or are you in teh beta? Cause I'm in the beta and I can say that things feel a bit different, in a better way.

(I realize I may sound like I'm defending MoP...and in a way I am. The whole "It's so childish now!" arguement is making me want to slap people.)

I haven't seen the 85+ leveling areas yet so I can't speak with 100% confidence but I'm fairly sure it'll be a great xpac from what little I've seen so far.

Don't mean to single you out Squirrel...but it's the childish thing that kinda makes me want to respond. -_-;;
    Nope - I'm entirely subjectively bashing! xD
    I've read a lot, watched quite a bit and spoken to old guildies who are in it though.
    I'm sure not every aspect is silly. Oh.........and yh...me saying it feels childish isn't related in the slightest to there being pandas in the game. I like pandas. I actually like the pandaran. Particularly the art style. The race itself don't seem silly to me.
    MoP is quite progressive as wow goes with the no auto attack thing and Monks do sound like an interesting class to play.

On a more basic and maybe fundamental level though, from such things as the NPC dialogue, it does seem to me that they're targeting a younger audience (but maybe it's just the same audience and I've gotten older and less tolerant lol).
    Maybe it will work out as a nice blend of the silly antics in the starter area and more in depth in the later one......but for now, from what I've seen, it just doesn't interest me anymore.
    I'm not bashing either...it's great game...just not for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP is quite progressive as wow goes with the no auto attack thing and Monks do sound like an interesting class to play.
    They have auto-attack. Blizzard keeps making outlandish statements and then going "Yeah, it's too much work, so we're not gonna do it," except they are experts at politically twisting a statement to make it sound like it just "can't work"

Deleted
    I think they're targeting to the asian community actually

10+ Year Old Account
    Immediately used your sig as a thought process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope - I'm entirely subjectively bashing! xD
    I've read a lot, watched quite a bit and spoken to old guildies who are in it though.
    I'm sure not every aspect is silly. Oh.........and yh...me saying it feels childish isn't related in the slightest to there being pandas in the game. I like pandas. I actually like the pandaran. Particularly the art style. The race itself don't seem silly to me.

On a more basic and maybe fundamental level though, from such things as the NPC dialogue, it does seem to me that they're targeting a younger audience (but maybe it's just the same audience and I've gotten older and less tolerant lol).
    Maybe it will work out as a nice blend of the silly antics in the starter area and more in depth in the later one......but for now, from what I've seen, it just doesn't interest me anymore.
    I'm not bashing either...it's great game...just not for me.
    Ahh okies, well fair enough then. I mean if it's not for you it's not for you.

And they may be targeting a younger audience too, I can't say for sure. That'd make some sense cause the game always needs new players. And it's not necessarilly a bad thing if they are. Like the pokemon style pet battles. I'll tell you now, hun, I'm a 33 year old but I'm psyched beyond belief for the pet battles. It's something new (to the game) and it gives us something else to do besides grind raids and whathaveyou. Same reason I'm kinda interested in the farming aspect too. It's something new to do. Which is a bright thing to do imo.

I'm also looking forward to the new scenarios and the new dungeons and raids if I'm honest. The storyline is something I'm very much into and I can't wait to see what goes down.

---------- Post added 2012-05-13 at 12:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    They have auto-attack. Blizzard keeps making outlandish statements and then going "Yeah, it's too much work, so we're not gonna do it," except they are experts at politically twisting a statement to make it sound like it just "can't work"
    Yeah I agree. Though the auto-attack is so slow and barely noticible that I'd say it's almost like they don't have auto-attack at all. imo, anyways.

They're not targeting any specific audience geographically. Was WoTLK aimed at Scandinavians?
    Just because the pandarans have an Asian aesthetic doesn't mean it will only appeal to Asians. I think the art style is one of the best features of MoP that I've seen. Looks quite beautiful.

They're not targeting any specific audience geographically. Was WoTLK aimed at Scandinavians?
    Just because the pandarans have an Asian aesthetic doesn't mean it will only appeal to Asians. I think the art style is one of the best features of MoP that I've seen. Looks quite beautiful.
    Wotlk was Blizzard's attempt to secure a foothold in the polar bear gaming community.

Ahh okies, well fair enough then. I mean if it's not for you it's not for you.

And they may be targeting a younger audience too, I can't say for sure. That'd make some sense cause the game always needs new players. And it's not necessarilly a bad thing if they are. Like the pokemon style pet battles. I'll tell you now, hun, I'm a 33 year old but I'm psyched beyond belief for the pet battles. It's something new (to the game) and it gives us something else to do besides grind raids and whathaveyou. Same reason I'm kinda interested in the farming aspect too. It's something new to do. Which is a bright thing to do imo.

I'm also looking forward to the new scenarios and the new dungeons and raids if I'm honest. The storyline is something I'm very much into and I can't wait to see what goes down.
    New features are always good and they give ppl more things to do.
    For me, it's the little things that count. For the pet battles, it will be about whether they have silly boink like noises etc, are the colours garish...that kind of thing.
    I may pick it up...we'll see. New stories would be great because deep down I love axeroth and its lore...it's just everything else that comes along with it that feels like baggage now.....but GW2 appeals to me far more than any other game atm.
    (I'm 31...but just sometimes grumpy )

---------- Post added 2012-05-13 at 12:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Wotlk was Blizzard's attempt to secure a foothold in the polar bear gaming community.
    I knew it!