• Sorrow's Furnace

24 24.49%
  • Crystal Desert

36 36.73%
  • DarkHaven

19 19.39%
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Oh nihilum is located on my server it seems, soon we will crush everyone (and I'll be watching from the shadows)
    Nevynn Meledelion is the name BTW

that said, nihilum is pretty much old news that no one cares about anymore
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    Speaking of desolation's ridiculous PvPing, I'm on Desolation myself and I loaded up the WvWvW menu to see this yesterday:

10+ Year Old Account
    Crystal Desert seems to have decent pvp. We're not constantly winning by a landslide, but every now and then I'll open up the tab to check. There was one point where we were in second place, but had the largest number of places controlled, so we weren't going to stay second for long.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

@hjalmtir post a screenshot of what it looks like now, it's depressing for us (gandara) but I think FoW is about to commit suicide...
    (also why does fow keep attacking us we're not going to win by a longshot better of taking out desolation if we'd "team up")

10+ Year Old Account
    @hjalmtir post a screenshot of what it looks like now, it's depressing for us (gandara) but I think FoW is about to commit suicide...
    (also why does fow keep attacking us we're not going to win by a longshot better of taking out desolation if we'd "team up")
    I figure 2nd place is better than third, and you look like an easier target.

It's also true that if they can build up enough power by taking it from you, maybe they could get up enough resources to be able to at least TRY against Desolation. :P

Being the middle guy isn't easy.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I figure 2nd place is better than third, and you look like an easier target.

It's also true that if they can build up enough power by taking it from you, maybe they could get up enough resources to be able to at least TRY against Desolation. :P

Being the middle guy isn't easy.
    By the time they "defeat" us Desolation will have every castle upgraded to the max so I don't see the point

10+ Year Old Account
    By the time they "defeat" us Desolation will have every castle upgraded to the max so I don't see the point
    You're still an easier target.

They need to get their own power to have a chance!

Crystal Desert seems to have decent pvp. We're not constantly winning by a landslide, but every now and then I'll open up the tab to check. There was one point where we were in second place, but had the largest number of places controlled, so we weren't going to stay second for long.
    Indeed. Most of the time I open up my tab we are winning or are second. Queues aren´t such a problem as well which is cool

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    Speaking of desolation's ridiculous PvPing, I'm on Desolation myself and I loaded up the WvWvW menu to see this yesterday:
    When I checked Northern Shiverpeaks WvW menu we were winning by a landslide...if I wasn't at work I'd check it now and screenshot it, but I recall we were something like 240,000 v 100,000 v 80,000. It's pretty crazy.

edited out image
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2012-08-29 at 06:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    Indeed. Most of the time I open up my tab we are winning or are second. Queues aren´t such a problem as well which is cool
    I truly have been tempted to jump to a lower population server, but this gives me confidence in sticking it out. :P

Personally though, I ain't touching WvW until the battles last two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    Speaking of desolation's ridiculous PvPing, I'm on Desolation myself and I loaded up the WvWvW menu to see this yesterday:[/IMG]
    Free bonuses!

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Free bonuses!
    Northern shiverpeaks > all!

10+ Year Old Account
    @Delias - it's exactly because of that server that I'm very much unhappy with the design of WvWvW, and how easily it can become completely one-sided. It's frustrating, to me, that ANet openly claims "WvW will never be balanced" so I'm wondering just how much effort they put into balancing it.

What are the under-dogs of a competition to do?
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-29 at 06:59 PM.

What are the under-dogs of a competition to do?
    Be the underdogs against other underdogs? Matchmaking is not going to be very good in the first week of release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Be the underdogs against other underdogs? Matchmaking is not going to be very good in the first week of release.
    I'm not positive that matchmaking is going to balance it out even when you're pit against other, similarly skilled realms. Eventually, one realm of the three will gain enough of a snowball that the other two can't do a damn thing to stop them.

If there WAS a way to team up with the other weaker server so that your skills wouldn't hurt each other, maybe there'd be a little bit more to it.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-29 at 07:03 PM.

Like make /yell heard by all teams...

Maybe they should add /red, /blue, and /green chat channels into WvW so you can communicate with other teams more easily...but then you'd have issues with red/green trolling blue, etc...dunno exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

We were first place earlier today

10+ Year Old Account
    I found Asura children spitting "yo momma" jokes at each other!

Example: "Your momma's IQ is so low, she thinks Blood Legion is something to see the doctor about!"
    "Your momma's IQ is so low, she thinks norn cows go "moot.""
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-29 at 11:01 PM.

I am SallyStitches.4096 if anyone wants to throw me an invite. I'm on Tarnished Coast, but I can switch to Crystal Desert if that's where most of you are.