Thread: [TV] Survivor

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

[TV] Survivor

So the new season has started, what you think?

I would say that survivor is my guilty pleasure for sure, whilst it's not the big on emphasizing the survival like it used to, the psychological part of the game really interests me a lot. The whole last season with Cochran and Ozzy actually sending himself off on purpose was awesome to watch. So I watched the first two episodes of this one world thing and honestly I am horribly disappointed. When I saw it was going to be women vs men I hoped for a wise amazonian style of female leading, but honestly the girls make me really ashamed to be female. I thought to be eligible for survivor you had to know how to do certain things, or at least to want to learn how to do them. But none of the girls knew how to make fire, half of them think its a holiday, it's really painful for me to watch them represent girls out there. If I was applying for a show like Survivor you can bet the first thing I'd be practicing before I even go out there is how to make fire, hunt, and weave a shelter. It's not just the girls either the gay guy seems to have done very little preparation prior to coming on the show. Sadly it looks like this season is filled with people who just wanted to be on tv rather than people who wanted to experience the whole survivor thing.

I think you made this thread a few days ago.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ivor-One-World

Edit: Ummmm... NINJA MOD!

15+ Year Old Account
    Merged anyways.

Liking the new season. Actually I'm just about to watch last weeks episode since I was on vacation. A fresh cast an no redemption island is making me happy.

Pocky to me it's amazing when reading contestants interviews how many didn't apply for the show directly. Quite a few answer they were at a bar or at some event and a talent recruitment person comes up to them asking if they want to be on the show. I'm sure the chance to be on tv and to make some money are appealing as you do get money depending on how well you finish. Some even admit they never even watched the show before playing. So "winning" may not be priority #1 to some of the contestants.

Also, sometimes the time frame between being picked and the game starting can sometimes be really short. I've seen some contestants say anywhere between a week to a month.

They should have either called this season

Survivor: Jersey Shore

or

Survivor: Setting the Women's Rights Movement Back 30 Years.

Really dislike half the men and half the women. At least the men seem like they'll be getting rid of their least competent players first.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    At least the men seem like they'll be getting rid of their least competent players first.
    Nope, they didn't

They clearly picked the most abrasive women they could find. That tribe is constantly fighting.

The guy who got kicked off last night was a complete idiot. No one should ever put themselves so forcefully into the front of the pack. It's like putting a target on your head.

Deleted
    One guy said it best on different forums:

This season of Survivor is a fascinating sociological experiment packaged as entertainment. It rips the veneer right off the women’s faux independence and shows with stark clarity which sex exploits the other. Camille Paglia was right…..If civilization had been left in female hands we would still be living in grass huts.

Loving it. I'm glad they got rid of Redemption Island, and I'm glad they didn't bring in any of the old players this season. Survivor's definitely living up to its former glory this season.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Loving it. I'm glad they got rid of Redemption Island, and I'm glad they didn't bring in any of the old players this season. Survivor's definitely living up to its former glory this season.
    Truth. This season is great without gimmicks.

I'm kinda bothered by how much the guys are letting Colton play them so far. They should know better.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I'm kinda bothered by how much the guys are letting Colton play them so far. They should know better.
    I'm just glad they're switching the tribes up again finally. [Assuming that's what's happening next week.]
    What the men did this week, holy stupid batman. *
    As for the women with that puzzle, feminists across USA must be so embarrassed for them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I'm just glad they're switching the tribes up again finally. [Assuming that's what's happening next week.]
    What the men did this week, holy stupid batman. *
    As for the women with that puzzle, feminists across USA must be so embarrassed for them.
    Yeah that was one of the dumbest moves they could have ever done. Even if you hate the people you're with you don't intentionally lose (or worse, give up) immunity. I have little faith in either team at this point. The guy that got voted off was one of the few I kinda enjoyed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gotta laugh at this episode. Why nobody see's what Colton is doing I have no idea..

Colton is a piece of ****. I don't know why no one has enough balls to stand up to him. I hope this week's episode is true to the small spoiler they gave.

Also, I don't know why that was even allowed. Everyone on the team won the tribal immunity, that means everyone on the team has to agree to give it away. Why would Bill (the black guy that got voted off) agree to that? That should never have happened.

---------- Post added 2012-03-15 at 04:48 PM ----------

Hahahahha, Tarzan.

Colton's like, "we're voting out Monica."
    Tarzan: "who's Monica again? Who? Oh okay."

hahahahha

SPOILERS (if you haven't seen latest episode)

Anyway, I'm glad they shuffled the tribes. Although I'm kinda sick with how PASSIVE everyone is on Colton's tribe. What the hell. It's boring, it's just 60 minutes of Colton. Seriously, they should just rename it the Colton show...

Also, it was pretty sad when that tall guy was pushing Lief around in the basketball challenge.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-03-15 at 08:58 AM.

i LOOOOOOVE colton. when me and my gf watch survivor we always pick someone at the start who we think will be the sole survivor, i picked colton so fast, hes got what it takes as long as the other people dont realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by fatalaeon View Post
    i LOOOOOOVE colton. when me and my gf watch survivor we always pick someone at the start who we think will be the sole survivor, i picked colton so fast, hes got what it takes as long as the other people dont realize it.
    People will NEVER vote for him, even if he does make it to the top 2 (which I doubt he will). He'll make it past the halfway line probably, but I doubt top 2.

15+ Year Old Account
    People will NEVER vote for him, even if he does make it to the top 2 (which I doubt he will). He'll make it past the halfway line probably, but I doubt top 2.
    Agreed. It's only a matter of time that they catch on. If they don't then the cast is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Agreed. It's only a matter of time that they catch on. If they don't then the cast is retarded.
    Colton is playing a great final three game, he won't win the end game is he keeps his attitude up. The Survivor jury rarely votes for who played the best game. I hate that obnoxious woman working with Colton right now; that one that slightly resembles a monkey who had a shovel slammed into her face. Right now there's only a couple of women who I'd like to see win out of the entire cast, most people already should have lost any right to win via basic stupidity.