Thread: [TV] Survivor

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yeah, had he not told Jay he had it in the first place. Then the girls woulda thrown 4 at him, he coulda played it and it woulda been much smarter. But as people always do, he thought he could trust someone, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    i quit caring when they voted off the cook Jonas who in the hell thought it would be smart to vote off the cook who really posed no major threat? were they retarded

Dr.Pepper is made from fairy tears. Pokemon IGN: Josh FC: 0662-4407-8552

Survivor is getting boring, I mean they did a good job of mixing things up this season with the tribe swaps but in the end they just stuck with what they had from the start. That is so boring, not one really makes big plays any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Survivor is getting boring, I mean they did a good job of mixing things up this season with the tribe swaps but in the end they just stuck with what they had from the start. That is so boring, not one really makes big plays any more.
    I don't think it's Survivor's fault (well it is for picking the people), but just the fault of the people on the show. They don't have personalities... I'm usually able to recognize everyone and their names this far into the show, but right now all I can think of really is Tarzan (because he's senile), Troyzan (because I like him) and Lief (because, how can you forget the little guy?). Everyone else blends into the background.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I don't think it's Survivor's fault (well it is for picking the people), but just the fault of the people on the show. They don't have personalities... I'm usually able to recognize everyone and their names this far into the show, but right now all I can think of really is Tarzan (because he's senile), Troyzan (because I like him) and Lief (because, how can you forget the little guy?). Everyone else blends into the background.
    Part of it, I think, is that people are starving and tired a lot of the time. It's hard to whip yourself up and be charismatic when you're facing those conditions. Also, the show is well know. People know by now that it's never good to be the guy or girl who stands out. People keep their mouths shut, they do what they have to do.

MAN that immunity challenge was the most exciting thing I've seen in a long time. So glad he won. So fucking glad.

One thing's for sure: If Troyzan doesn't win the game, he's still gonna win 100k (or whatever it is) for being the most loved contestant.

I don't remember which season it was, 2 or 3 seasons ago, but there was one where it was like 5 people left, and 4 people had been voting off everyone else. Then this one really strong guy started winning EVERY immunity challenge and pretty much got to the end and made the other 4 turn on each other. I really, really, really hope Troyzan can pull this off. There is no better tv than a good Survivor contestant.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-04-19 at 08:43 AM.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I was routing for him to win immunity as well, but thought he could have been a bit less crass when he did win. Sure get excited, sure scream and strut around, but I thought it was a bit over the top to turn to the rest of the contestants, point at em and say "don't fuck with me!". lol It seems like he's taking it too personally, when in reality it is just a game and they want to win just as bad as he does. If I was in his shoes, I might've done something similar in the heat of the moment, but wouldn't have spent the rest of the episode defending my actions, i would've apologized and moved on. Then again it's the whole emotional/physical wear and tear kicking in at this point, so people aren't exactly behaving the most logical.

Ehh, just my $.02

Quote Originally Posted by Youvegotfail View Post
    I was routing for him to win immunity as well, but thought he could have been a bit less crass when he did win. Sure get excited, sure scream and strut around, but I thought it was a bit over the top to turn to the rest of the contestants, point at em and say "don't fuck with me!". lol It seems like he's taking it too personally, when in reality it is just a game and they want to win just as bad as he does. If I was in his shoes, I might've done something similar in the heat of the moment, but wouldn't have spent the rest of the episode defending my actions, i would've apologized and moved on. Then again it's the whole emotional/physical wear and tear kicking in at this point, so people aren't exactly behaving the most logical.

Ehh, just my $.02
    Well I think it is very personal for him. He said something about how the women on the show are acting just like the women in real life, once they get their house and money they don't need you anymore. If you look at his Survivor Bio you'll see that he's in his 50s and not married, so I'm going to take a good guess that he's had problems with women before.

I'm sure he's also very pissed that Christina/Alicia/Tarzan didn't break up the women's alliance.

I really like him though, the kind of guy I'd like to be friends with iRL.

I'm sure he's also very pissed that Christina/Alicia/Tarzan didn't break up the women's alliance.
    Hell, I was pretty pissed at that too. It would've been the smart thing to do on their part. Tarzan and Christina should both be well aware that they are just along for the ride. Maybe that's the way they want it, but it's a shame they didn't try to take control of their own survivor destiny. Alicia, on the other hand, legitimately seems dumb to me, so I wouldn't expect anything less, lol.

previews for next week look interesting, though

Hell, I was pretty pissed at that too. It would've been the smart thing to do on their part. Tarzan and Christina should both be well aware that they are just along for the ride. Maybe that's the way they want it, but it's a shame they didn't try to take control of their own survivor destiny. Alicia, on the other hand, legitimately seems dumb to me, so I wouldn't expect anything less, lol.

previews for next week look interesting, though
    They always do that, they make the previews look like something goes on but in the end nothing happens. Next week it's going to, likely, be Troyzan going home followed by Christina then Alicia. Kim would be dumb not to keep Tarzan as no one would vote for him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Great episode, although I'm not sure Troyzan will go much further. Even if what he says makes sense.. you don't want to follow that ego. An alliance of women like that will crumble eventually.

Dumbest, fucking, reward challenge, I have ever seen in my life. What the shit was that.

*popcorn* Bad feelings all around when Troyzan lost his challenge against Tarzan It didn't seem like the kind of challenge Troyzan would be good at as soon as they showed it. This season is over if Troyzan is voted off.

The producers should have given Troyzan an immunity idol. Just to keep this season from going stupid. Seriously what the hell's going to happen now, absolutely nothing because no one on this show has a pair of balls (literally). Top 3 is going to be Chelsea Kim and whatever stupid idiot they bring along with them.

Sighhhh. Gotta wait another year/half year for a good season. Hopefully they won't have a spoiled son of a ***** ruin the early game next time.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-04-26 at 08:59 AM.

Yea this entire season is entirely unenjoyable. It's pretty much over for me, even though Troyzan was generally unlikable (he really was a douche) I can't help but prefer him over Kim and the girls who continue blindly following her despite the fact that they aren't in the final 3.

The only reason i'll keep watching now is to see just how many bones these girls (except alicia) can get to start poking out of them in weird places.

wouldn't it be hilarious now if Tarzan somehow managed to win immunity...like if the next immunity challenge was a "talking stupid" contest or something...

The only reason i'll keep watching now is to see just how many bones these girls (except alicia) can get to start poking out of them in weird places.

wouldn't it be hilarious now if Tarzan somehow managed to win immunity...like if the next immunity challenge was a "talking stupid" contest or something...
    Tarzan is final 3, no one would pick him.

Tarzan is final 3, no one would pick him.
    I would, now...just to stop kim/chelsea from winning (if that indeed was the final 3)

I would, now...just to stop kim/chelsea from winning (if that indeed was the final 3)
    How it usually ends up is even if you don't like someone you have to have a certian level of respect for Kim running the game and getting people to blindly follow her. Compared to Tarzan who did nothing but make people angry and Chelsea who did nothing but suck up to Kim.

How it usually ends up is even if you don't like someone you have to have a certian level of respect for Kim running the game and getting people to blindly follow her. Compared to Tarzan who did nothing but make people angry and Chelsea who did nothing but suck up to Kim.
    If Sabrina would grow a brain she would use Pat (who's pretty pissed off right now) and Christina to vote off Kim and/or Chelsea. Sabrina's the only one left who I can see that has a chance to topple Kim/Chelsea. Too bad they're all pretty stupid though...

If Sabrina would grow a brain she would use Pat (who's pretty pissed off right now) and Christina to vote off Kim and/or Chelsea. Sabrina's the only one left who I can see that has a chance to topple Kim/Chelsea. Too bad they're all pretty stupid though...
    Yea I don't even understand it, Sabrina was the one who was "leaderish" at the start, now she just blindly goes to slaughter. Survivor is a lot more interesting when there is backstabbing. Watching people pretend to think about making intelligent moves and forsaking it just to keep their #6 position is annoying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this season is kinda gone down hill. The only think left that will be enjoyable is watching the women tear themselves apart, but i have no interest in who wins now.