Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I dont mind the challange or anything. It just seem unnessescarily clunky, and I did get 1 shotted yday in normal mode twice and I was pretty sure I was topped off. I guess I need to yell at my healers more :P

ah well i guess this is all that needs to be said: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/.../challenge.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ashe-Arathor View Post
    3) So it doesn't stop ninja looting with mounts, biometric alloy and the epic cells and epic schematics, big whoop. I'm sorry, but since when did people start pugging operations? I sure haven't seen that done, even though it's rather easy on normal. I doubt the system is in place to stop ninja looting, but rather give more people the chance at loot, no matter if they can use it or not.
    Normal mode OPS are intended to be pugable, and they have been pug'ed on many servers for a while now. On my server I actually see HM OPS pugs.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Maes View Post
    Loot is only automatically assigned in normal mode, which is designed for pugs to go through (think lfr)

On Hard and Nightmare loot is done in standard mmo fashion and can be rolled on or master looted as your group sees fit.

TLDR: Do hard modes.
    Didnt know this thanks you.

go through normal moce once to see the encounters and then only hard mode, you can distribute the loot yourself there.

normal mode is for random pugs.

You realize can set a Master Looter...making all of your complaints irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by rdj View Post
    You realize can set a Master Looter...making all of your complaints irrelevant.
    Which does all of nothing in Normal mode since the loot is automatically assigned there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcan View Post
    Personally I hate the way loot is divided up in operations. There are a few reasons why I hate it so ill list them and explain.
    1) There really isn't a social feel to the looting. What I mean by this is perhaps <<player X>> needs an item for 4pce and for <<player y>> the same item is just a slight upgrade because he already has his 4pce.<< PLayer y>> could pass on the item for<< player X>>, however this can't happen with the current loot system
    2) Guilds are also prevented from gearing up people with specific roles first, perhaps tanks, healers.
    3)IF people think that the loot systems stops ninja looters it really doesn't due the the fact loot restrictions are only on class items. People can still need on crafting materials and mounts, ect.
    4) IT gives items to people that already have that item is it will now either be useless to them or it will go to their offspec where another person could have really used the item.
    5) mainly though in general it just restricts the groups freedom with the loot which I think is stupid.

um everything you can get in normal mode ops (the only mode that loot is assigned like this) you can get in hardmode flashpoints with the exception of main hand columi and different relics. master loot is available on hard mode and nightmare though i don't suggest using it on either right now as you end up not getting a lot of the loot that would normally drop. however, since you will only have 8 or 16 people in there (and this is especially true with 8 people) you really shouldn't have an issue with ninja - presumably you know everyone in there - or anything.

The fact that you can get the loot elsewhere doesn't make the system less retarded. And master looter not working is just simply unforgivable.

If you wanna gear up a new toon (you know ..new recruit, alt, etc), it would seem reasonable to run him through EV and KP normal so he can get loots before plunging into HM. If there is another person the same class in the ops group everything goes south cause the loot might be assigned to the guy who is already geared up.

Lets take Wow for example (haters are gonna hate). If the raid leader stated loot rules and then doesn't distribute loot accordingly, you can make a ticket and get the loot that was rightfully yours and he might even get punished. But I guess that would put a strain on the already close to non existent SWTOR Customer support.

Quote Originally Posted by neghinitza View Post

Lets take Wow for example (haters are gonna hate). If the raid leader stated loot rules and then doesn't distribute loot accordingly, you can make a ticket and get the loot that was rightfully yours and he might even get punished. But I guess that would put a strain on the already close to non existent SWTOR Customer support.
    uhhh that's not quite how it works to my understanding. If the rules are stated accordingly before hand and then loot is not distrubted accordingly the gms may take actions but not usually awarding someone a piece of gear. Usually the perpetrators have the gear deleted and then maybe get some kind of a warning or punishment depending on the circumstances. Very rarely if at all I think the gms will simply give people loot.

Maybe you are right. I haven't been in this situation myself. This is the blue post detailing the policy http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900641023

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    In 1.1.5 ppl will use master loot in HM and NM. They repair all the loot bug with it and now /roll will work. So yeah, it won't be problem pretty soon. Though I don't see the point in normal mod. A ton of loot drop, it will takes hours to roll everything.