Deleted

Heroic Zon'ozz 10man

A quick few questions.

Does the boss attack the tank during the black phase, or does he just exclusively deal shadow damage to the raid?

The reason I ask:

What happens when the boss enrages during black phase? If he's not swinging at the tank is it possible to survive past enrage, by forcing a black phase a few moments before and outhealing the raid damage, until the phase ends and the boss starts one shotting every one?

Would just like to know how the enrage here works, it wouldn't matter but we're having some pretty awful roster issues at the moment.

Thanks!

He will spend a few seconds just casting in the middle of the room during black phases, but very soon after he will go back to attacking the tank as well.

What we tend to do is force a black phase and nuke the shit out of him just before be enrages.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-03-02 at 01:00 AM.

enrage during black phase is basically an instant wipe...the raid damage shoots through the roof

Quote Originally Posted by zephurwitch View Post
    enrage during black phase is basically an instant wipe...the raid damage shoots through the roof
    I'm almost positive the AOE damage from the tentacles is not considered Zon'ozz's own damage and does not change when he enrages. In fact, every kill we've had of him has been during black phases while he's enraged.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zephurwitch View Post
    No it doesn't. The raid damage from black phase isn't affected by enrage at all, it counts as damage done by the tentacles and so it is the same as it always is. We've healed through enrage in black phase, only the boss' melee swings get buffed.

@OP so long as the boss is in the middle of the room he won't melee, but as soon as he stops his initial channel he will go back to the tank (who should be at the claw) and proceed to lay down 1 shots. He can still be "tanked" by stuff like Mirror Images and Evasion though for a while longer. Even the tank can take a few hits if he has super cooldowns running.

Deleted
    In that case, how long does his channeling in the centre of the room last? I'm guessing it's not really significant.

I think it's around 10 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkid View Post
    In that case, how long does his channeling in the centre of the room last? I'm guessing it's not really significant.
    It takes him 15 seconds to run from the claw, to the middle, channel and then run back. Give or take 1 second.