Poll: Which is harder. Halo or CoD?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inboundpaper View Post
    After Reach, COD, getting to the point I consider good in Blops/MW3 takes a lot more than in Reach.

EDITZ: I have a question, everyone seems to think there is no teamwork in COD, why is that?

Because most of the people here are "Public heroes" that think they know something about how CoD is played on a high level...... they don´t.
    I would say that a very small fraction of people here have actually played a competitive 5 vs 5 clan S&D game, so they think Public play = CoD has no skill.

Public play is a joke.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrykolas View Post
    If it didn't take more skill then everyone would have the aim of Fatality, this isn't the case because there's more skilldifference between mousehandling and stickhandling, skills barely have limits with a mouse, for a controller it's limited by autoaim and limited movement.
    And? Every other game has its top players too. Final Boss won something like 21 out of the 27 events they attended in Halo 2, getting top 2 at the other 6, and that game had the most aim assist out of all the Halos. Again, being on console or not has no bearing on a skill gap.

Edit: The reason Halo people tend to say there is no teamwork in Call of Duty is that they associate teamwork with team shot, which there is none of. They fail to take into consideration communication, coordinated pushes, general strategies and the like. But still, Halo takes more.
    Last edited by Itisamuh; 2012-03-01 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    Halo and it isn't even close. I played Halo competitively during the H2 and H3 days. CoD is so easy anyone with knowledge of FPS skills can master the game in a matter of playing for a month. Because you die so quick is what makes the game so easy. Halo requires better aiming, knowledge of geometry for placement of grenades I understand CoD does as well but isn't as crucial as it is in Halo), knowledge of weapon and map control as well as weapon spawn times, as well as callouts for a weak enemy or placement on map.
    Hit the nail on the head with a sledgehammer. Halo, hands down.

halo is a harder game due to the mechanics of a duel 1v1 simple as that...in cod a crap player can kill a good player with a lucky shot or w/e.in halo a good player willl destroy a bad player 9/10 times due to the increased skill req.saying that cod does req good team work to win etc as i only play hardcore team domination and it requires alot of co ordination to cap a base when uv got 3 idiots noob tubing u,popping smoke,trophy systems etc.its up to the gamer how much effort they put into the team based games and how much they get out of it.end of the day totally diff styles of gaming so u can never really compare.

FPS games are hard?

Please post productively. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-03-01 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbasawrus View Post
    FPS games are hard?
    The difficulty of all multiplayer games is subjective, as it's based on the skill of your opponent relative to your own skill. If you're a grand masters league player going up against a goldfish, (that's not me being cute, I literally mean a goldfish) then SC2 is one of the easiest games ever made. If you're playing CoD against an opponent that has the Infinity Gauntlet, (omniscience, ability to see the future, infinite speed, infinite reflexes/coordination and infinite control over reality) then CoD is the hardest game ever made.

In this case though, the title of the thread does not refer to if a game is hard or easy. It refers to the relative difficulty curve of two points. Harder does not mean hard, it means harder relative to something else. Something can be extremely easy, yet it can be significantly harder than something that is even easier. 22+22 Isn't hard, but it's harder than 1+1.

The only way one could not be harder than the other is if they had the same difficulty, which they do not. And yes, I like my overly complicated and technical explanations.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-03-01 at 08:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    And? Every other game has its top players too. Final Boss won something like 21 out of the 27 events they attended in Halo 2, getting top 2 at the other 6, and that game had the most aim assist out of all the Halos. Again, being on console or not has no bearing on a skill gap.
    You're missing the point because you probably don't know anything about competitive gaming outside of Halo, Fatality isn't just a good gamer in some random game, he's a guy who gave away computers for beating him in a fpsgame of your choice.

The skill gap is a lot bigger for pc than console, the upcoming cs:go which is supposed to be crossplatform will be the last time anyone tried to defy that, consoleplayers will get trashed because a controller has more limitations than a mouse, not because the skillcap is higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrykolas View Post
    You're missing the point because you probably don't know anything about competitive gaming outside of Halo, Fatality isn't just a good gamer in some random game, he's a guy who gave away computers for beating him in a fpsgame of your choice.

The skill gap is a lot bigger for pc than console, the upcoming cs:go which is supposed to be crossplatform will be the last time anyone tried to defy that, consoleplayers will get trashed because a controller has more limitations than a mouse, not because the skillcap is higher.
    The PS3 version will allow you to plug in a mouse and keyboard. CSGO is the only current game that I can think of that has cross multiplatform play.

Also, I'd have to Halo has a much higher skill cap than CoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post

Edit: The reason Halo people tend to say there is no teamwork in Call of Duty is that they associate teamwork with team shot, which there is none of. They fail to take into consideration communication, coordinated pushes, general strategies and the like. But still, Halo takes more.
    I don´t think you know who Fatal1ty is...... he was a world champion in Alien Vs Predator 2, Doom 3, Painkiller, Quake 3 arena, Quake 4 and Unreal Tournament.
    He has won around 500 thousand dollars in winning fee and that does not count all the money he gets from sponsors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal1ty

"During his career, he has won a total of twelve world championship titles"

There is not a single console fps gamer in the world that could beat him in a fps game, it would be fun to see how he would slaughter any console gamer if the console gamer used a controller and he used a Mouse and Keyboard.

Well we will see how much of a slaughter its gonna be when Cs:Go comes out.

EDIT: Roger that Edge.
    Last edited by Torched; 2012-03-01 at 09:17 PM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Stop the PC vs. Console discussion guys. Things unfortunately always turn ugly when we go down that road, and this isn't even the appropriate thread for it.

BF3 > Cod > Halo

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    That´s a pretty ignorant statement.

CoD on a professional level in professional leagues on Pc (I don´t give a shit about TDM and other random mods that are played on console) is played JUST like Counter-Strike, its the same setup, 5 vs 5 clan matches, Search and Destroy (same as CS) 1 sniper, 2 Smg, 1 bomb 2 planting spots, 1 grenade and 1 flash per round, no perks (just the core 3). As someone who has played CoD 2-4 on a pro level in pro leagues against some of the best teams in the world, I can tell you that there is a HUGE amount of team work in these matches.

I have never played Halo on a competitive level so I can´t judge how that game is played on a pro level.

And also.... People..... PUBLIC play (jumping on a random server) in CoD is NOTHING like its on a competitive level and saying that there is no skill involved for CoD on a pro level is just like saying that there is no skill in Counter-strike.
    CS/CoD are more twitch shooters than Halo, which focuses more on teamwork. The actual technical skill required to play something like Counter Strike is higher than Halo, but competitively speaking, playing as a cohesive team is harder in Halo (as far as I can tell).

It's just different aspects, the gunplay in Counter Strike is unquestionably faster than that of Halo. If I sat down and played 12 hours of Counter Strike a day, I would eventually get to the point where I was at the technical level of the pros. If I sat down and played 12 hours of Halo a day, I'd reach the technical level of pros much faster than I would in Counter Strike, but it wouldn't matter in competitive play because I'd still get my ass handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    CS/CoD are more twitch shooters than Halo, which focuses more on teamwork. The actual technical skill required to play something like Counter Strike is higher than Halo, but competitively speaking, playing as a cohesive team is harder in Halo (as far as I can tell).

It's just different aspects, the gunplay in Counter Strike is unquestionably faster than that of Halo. If I sat down and played 12 hours of Counter Strike a day, I would eventually get to the point where I was at the technical level of the pros. If I sat down and played 12 hours of Halo a day, I'd reach the technical level of pros much faster than I would in Counter Strike, but it wouldn't matter in competitive play because I'd still get my ass handed to me.
    These are all very good points. Another one I'd like to make though, Halo isn't just about shooting. Halo 2 in particular had other gameplay mechanics that the average player either didn't know about, or didn't understand the practical applications of. I'm talking, of course, about BXB, BXR, and double shots. The input commands for those are more like that of a fighting game than a typical FPS, and in certain circumstances, the advantage offered by those techniques was insurmountable.

In a straight up BR fight, I would put Walshy using the double shot up against Fatality not using the double shot any day of the week. Even with perfect accuracy and reaction time, by the time Fatality has Walshy at half shields, he'd be dead.

And then they nerfed everything in Halo 3. /sad panda

The original delta force, played online.

Deleted
    I remember playing Halo PC online, back then u had to actually shoot with delay because of the lag. Either, shooting enemy's in the head(3 hs = dead) took alot longer to master.

I like how this thread turned into another cod bashing thread. Playing pub games is nothing like competitive gaming, not even close so its kind of pointless for those without experience playing competitive gaming just to say lol cod is bad.

Before anyone try's to say I'm a cod fanboy I already said I think halo is harder but its not by much.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2012-03-02 at 01:24 PM.
    Hi Sephurik