Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    All the people saying they're going to bum-rush to max level will be posting here complaining that there's nothing to do at end-game no less than 1-2 months after release. It's happened with every other MMO.

Stop and smell the roses. I hate to burst your bubble, but not every game revolves around the end-game. Enjoy the leveling experience, the quests, the areas, the environments, the atmosphere. It's all you end-gamers that ruin games anyway, QQ'ing in chat about being bored, how the game sucks, and carrying it over to the forums to ruin it for everyone else, and chase away potential players. If you're just going to play GW2 for the end-game, stick to WoW until GW2 has been out for a couple of years. I really don't want to hear your whiny complaints about it as soon as the freaking game is launched.
    I am going to rush to max to have full access to all my skills and be at an advantage over bolstered level 5s in WvWvW. Then I will go back with a second character and smell the roses.

I am not going to complain about lack of content, or drive away new players. Get off your high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by airea View Post
    Well okay, but I highly doubt that doing those would keep you non-stop entertained for more than a few months. You'd burn out on them. I know the dungeons have MANY different routes to follow, but there are only about 5(?) types of atmospheres to dungeon in.
    Just expanding on this statement, not true at all. Each dungeon has 5 story progression modes, then you can get random DE's in each one as well as activating DE's as well as many other factors*(such as different group set ups that will activate other DE's) that will make each run through story mode different from each other (even if you did Story Mode A twice, each of them will be different depending on what you did or do in it).*
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Just expanding on this statement, not true at all. Each dungeon has 5 story progression modes, then you can get random DE's in each one as well as activating DE's as well as many other factors
    Hm, I am sure the last I heard was 2 modes per dungeon with various paths in Ex mode. Where was it stated there are 5 story modes per?

Also I believe Airea was merely saying the zone itself is the same. Not the encounters, per se. Or at least that is how I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by vilhelm1992 View Post
    i believe leveling will just be a convenient side effect to just going out and having fun in the game
    Couldn't agree more.

Level ups just kinda happends..

I will play through the game. Doing every quest, exploring every zone. I dont really matter what level I am I just want the story.

Not gonna rush or take my time. I'll just see how much time I feel like spending, or can spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hm, I am sure the last I heard was 2 modes per dungeon with various paths in Ex mode. Where was it stated there are 5 story modes per?

Also I believe Airea was merely saying the zone itself is the same. Not the encounters, per se. Or at least that is how I read it.
    I believe there to be 1 story mode and 1 explorable mode with 3 different paths per dungeon. I actually just read an article about explorable mode dungeons a few min ago but I dont think I can post links.

I don't know if there was a topic or post about it but the article was on mmorpg.com
    Last edited by PonyCannon; 2012-03-07 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Arenanet said they're at the point to where they can make dynamic events relatively quick, and that they aren't going to tell us when they add them in for a suprise.
    I suppose that's a good thing (and something very cool I didn't know - thanks!), but they'll have to be more than your average DE to be worth doing more than a few times. And if they're so epic to the point where they hardly ever occur, it doesn't offer much to satisfy you after you've done nearly all the other filler DEs.

---------- Post added 2012-03-06 at 06:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    Just expanding on this statement, not true at all. Each dungeon has 5 story progression modes, then you can get random DE's in each one as well as activating DE's as well as many other factors*(such as different group set ups that will activate other DE's) that will make each run through story mode different from each other (even if you did Story Mode A twice, each of them will be different depending on what you did or do in it).*
    You clearly misread my statement. I never said the gameplay and material it has you complete never changes, I said the environments, the style, and the atmosphere of your environment will only vary for every dungeon they make, which I thought on release would be something like 5. I'm sure each dungeon will offer a lot with the explorable modes, but some people like a lot of varying terrain/atmosphere with their dungeons/raids from what I've experienced in other MMOs.*

---------- Post added 2012-03-06 at 06:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Ah, yes, this is what I meant.

Deleted
    Hoping to get a long weekend off work when it launches but not obsessed with racing through the levels. I'm just going to spend time wandering around and exploring everywhere and enjoying every second of it!

I've never enjoyed PvP in my WoW past but I'm hoping GW2 will make me reconsider my opinion and suck me into it.

Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    I believe there to be 1 story mode and 1 explorable mode with 3 different paths per dungeon. I actually just read an article about explorable mode dungeons a few min ago but I dont think I can post links.
    Correct. This is the information we've had for months now. 5 story modes as Allanon suggested was perhaps a simple wording mistake or some new information. The latter I never seen suggested anywhere till now.

1 Story mode.
    1 Exploration mode w/ branching paths.

One is still essentially in the same zone as Airea was saying.

Just going to be enjoying all the content and leveling fast as a side effect I think. Can't wait I love launch day so much to do and see with people to share it with :S not at all like the barren landscapes of low level zones in GW1 and WoW.

Deleted
    I enjoy leveling and I will not just rush to max level

Hi, my name is Dannoson, and I'm an altoholic. I have about 8 characters on a single server in WoW, only 2 of which are 85. (Not that I've played on Wow for a while, actually) I have one server filled on TOR, none of which are max level. I'm really enjoying the game, and play whichever character I feel like. But I do have two team characters for teaming up with my wife. So this should give you an idea what my playing style will be.

That being said, a Charr Engineer will be my main. For alts, probably a mean-ass Asura Warrior, a Norn Ranger, a Sylvari Elementalist or Necromancer, and a Human Thief.

Off topic: Is GW2 allowing mods? I love the Altoholic mod from WoW. I love knowing which character has/needs what mats for crafting. I'm missing it in TOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannoson View Post
    Off topic: Is GW2 allowing mods? I love the Altoholic mod from WoW. I love knowing which character has/needs what mats for crafting. I'm missing it in TOR.
    Probably not.

Devs are sorta into creating a casual play experience with few barriers in-game. There is an official statement on addons and stuff. But meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannoson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Inde
    Will Arenanet allow and encourage development of add-ons since they have become so popular and integral in MMO's now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Flannum
    We won't be allowing people to mod the game itself directly no. We feel that this encourages people to play the game in such a way that gives them an unfair advatage over those who don't use mods. However we understand that many people enjoy modding games and are looking into ways for people to build things for the game in other ways. We'll have more information on this sometime next year.
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...81&postcount=1

I'm gonna be a little weird here and say I'm gonna be rushing level cap.

I can't tell you why, because I don't know myself. I just know I'm going to.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Baws View Post
    When I started my shaman, I enjoyed leveling 1 to like 64. 65-69 wasn't too bad but I was getting burnt. Then I just got sick of questing & wanted to be max so I can do everything everyone else was doing. Now with my druid, 1-60 was torture. Outland wasn't that bad, & I'm doing northrend now & again sick of questing and leveling. I think it must just be Wrath questing for me. But I really just want my alt to hit max, not so I can valor cap with him every week, but because that's my gatherer & I want him to be ready for Mists.
    I think you may be in the wrong subforum.