10+ Year Old Account

a creepy ps vita app

so i got my ps vita and i was checking out the apps on it i never thought one of these apps could be so cool yet very creepy. the app im talking about is ps vita near it allows you see all other vitas within 2 miles of your location. at first i was like awesome i can send messages and friend request to people near me but that thought changed very soon. i soon found out that it shows exactly where you are on a map for instance one guy was right up the street from me and i could easily walk down the street refreshing my near app til i was at his house( i did not do this ). this can be used as a stalking tool and i can see this being used for some messed up shit i turned my settings where i don't show up just thought i would warn any one with ps vita.

Dr.Pepper is made from fairy tears. Pokemon IGN: Josh FC: 0662-4407-8552

Sounds fun. Buy 1 ps vita, download app, find other ps vitas to steal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Envisionist View Post
    Sounds fun. Buy 1 ps vita, download app, find other ps vitas to steal.
    never thought of it that way i was thinking more of the creepy killers using it.

Don't worry, it's just a SOCIAL tool for you to meet new and very exciting peeps with nooo trouble at all.... nope. none.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

that sounds pretty scary, my question is, how easy was it for you to find the options to turn that feature off? Considering the vita has 3+ on the box I'm hoping parents would be able to easily find this feature. I'm sure it would be possible for potential thieves to distinguish between a 20 year old vita user and one belonging to a child. (If parents are buying a vita for a younger child chances are they have decent stuff to rob)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pocky_rin View Post
    that sounds pretty scary, my question is, how easy was it for you to find the options to turn that feature off? Considering the vita has 3+ on the box I'm hoping parents would be able to easily find this feature. I'm sure it would be possible for potential thieves to distinguish between a 20 year old vita user and one belonging to a child. (If parents are buying a vita for a younger child chances are they have decent stuff to rob)
    pretty easy just went to the settings on it and disabled it but i didn't really think about til my bro said something.

Deleted
    I remember seeing Ashens on youtubes review of the ps vita apparently the program also shows exactly what the person have been doing and is currently doing its abit creepy i agree >.>
    Might have been another app tought was one of the pre installed ones tought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    I remember seeing Ashens on youtubes review of the ps vita apparently the program also shows exactly what the person have been doing and is currently doing its abit creepy i agree >.>
    Might have been another app tought was one of the pre installed ones tought.
    it is a pre installed app

That would be the most interesting serial killer MO ever.

Do I use this tool for good....or for evil...

Just checked my Vita, it doesnt seem to show exact locations? It just showed me footsteps to the nearest person I guess. Or am I looking at the wrong thing?
    Last edited by pickley; 2012-02-29 at 05:58 AM.

Social gaming and networking man! It's all totally cool.

You committed a small crime and cameras got a glimpse shot of your body (without face or any relevant features). Somehow yet they have a nice close up on your PS in which they see some new app you recently bought. Cool. just call app provider and ask for latest transactions. Compare with PS in the area and from random guy you are now highlighted...

Official: building social network
    Unofficial: yet another tool to help officials to track you down. GPS, mobiles, PS, credit cards... And everything wrapped in nice "entertainment" package.

I know it sounds like conspiracy theory but you admit that there is something in it.

I assume this is something for the 3G version, or all of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Artistjdk2 View Post
    I assume this is something for the 3G version, or all of them?
    All of them, but to get the most of it i think the Wi-Fi has to be online.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    All of them, but to get the most of it i think the Wi-Fi has to be online.
    Ah, good to know. I'll probably be picking up the wifi one tomorrow, I'll be looking into turning it off.

Near does not show your exact local, just the general vicinity. If you look at the map, the dot will move to a different spot near your location each time. In order for someone to find you specifically they would quite literally have to knock on every door within the area. They would have better luck finding you by looking in the phone book.

why would a thief, who already owns a vita, want to break into someone else's house and steal another vita?

iphones track your every move. and then sells that info
    somebody call for d doctor?