Does anyone else experience bad customer service with BioWare like me?

I am not saying BioWare is a bad company, but they definitely need to fix their customer support attitude. Not sure anyone had ran into problems like mine, but I had really, really terrible experience with a few of their reps.

My situation: 2 month into game play, my 2nd account got hacked (I purchased 2 game clients, one for me one for my cousin in Canada). Well it was quite stupid of me that I registered the 2nd account under a different name (still my last name, but I filled in my English name instead of my official Korean name - just for the sake of telling the 2 accounts apart for myself, yeah, big mistake here). So the account got hacked, and the hacker changed my security questions also (It could be because one of my original security questions' answer was a very popular make and model of my dream car). So I contacted BioWare over the phone, and they basically told me they can't verify the account is mine because it's not under my name. I said, just look at the billing info - it's under a credit card that I can provide all info for, and it's under a name that has a same last name as my account name.... plus I can give all information about address, phone number etc.

They just told me nope. Since it's not under your real name, you can't answer the security questions, you can't show us an ID with THAT name on it, then the account is not yours, NOT EVEN YOU BOUGHT THE GAME AND PAY FOR IT. What logic is that?! The hacker CHANGED my security questions and how am I supposed to answer that? I again emphasized on the point that my account is HACKED and I can't answer the security questions to verify my identity simply because the hacker CHANGED IT. I demanded to talk to someone who could help me, so I got put on hold for 30 min. Another rep picked up the line, and he repeated the exact same thing the previous rep said, and told me "I checked and the subscription will expire soon in a week, so if your account is hacked, the hacker won't be able to play it". Is that a solution to my problem? I paid 70 bucks for a game that I can't play? I raised my voice a little bit - I said I paid for the game at least I should be able to find a way to get my account back... The rep told me (with a very sarcastic teasing tone that I found extremely rude and irritating) "From my perspective, you are the one that is trying to hack the original owner's account... we treat account security seriously so sorry we can't help you here today". Did BioWare train their support team to insult their customers or to accuse them to be hackers when they seek help from them? Because I have an Asian accent does that automatically make me a hacker? I was really mad... I lost control of my emotion and burst into tears and I begged them to check the info I gave them again... but the rep was sort of panicking as soon as he heard a girl crying over the phone so he hung up so quick that I didn't even get to finish my sentence.

Now... my issue is still not resolved and I can't play the game with my cousin anymore. I simply wonder, if anyone else out there had such horrific experience with their support team...

I tried to call them again but I can't help to think they added my cellphone number to their black list - because I had been online for over an hour and no one ever picked up my call.

So now... I emailed them again. It's been 2 weeks and no replies.

I am in customer service hell. Any advice?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Multiple threads made by the same forum poster for the same reason. Thread closed.