Blood Fury vs. Berserking for Elemental

For maximizing burst DPS within a short time span, I'm trying to see what racial would ultimately be better for Heroic Spine.

We don't have a mage in our comp to give us 6% Spell power, so I'm looking to see if race changing to Orc would help give my DPS a slight advantage in light of being mage less.

But how does Blood Fury's spellpower boost stand up against Berserking's 20% speed increase in a burst situation?

I'm torn between the two, but I have a feeling Blood Fury might play out better due to the spellpower boost, shorter cooldown, and longer duration.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: not sure if it matters any, but I am an owner of the Heroic Insignia of the Corrupted Mind.
    Last edited by Rhy; 2012-02-29 at 01:53 PM.

Now I stand, the lion before the lambs... and they do not fear... They cannot fear...

Deleted
    We don't have a mage in our comp to give us 6% Spell power
    check your fire totems!

Are you really going to pay for race change because of small boost in one raid boss situation? .... man it is not about you but other 24 players there...... are you serious? .... some people would really spent money for any stupid reasons...

Quote Originally Posted by omnomomom View Post
    check your fire totems!
    Lol.

I would go with beserking personally.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhy View Post
    For maximizing burst DPS within a short time span, I'm trying to see what racial would ultimately be better for Heroic Spine.

We don't have a mage in our comp to give us 6% Spell power, so I'm looking to see if race changing to Orc would help give my DPS a slight advantage in light of being mage less.

But how does Blood Fury's spellpower boost stand up against Berserking's 20% speed increase in a burst situation?

I'm torn between the two, but I have a feeling Blood Fury might play out better due to the spellpower boost, shorter cooldown, and longer duration.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: not sure if it matters any, but I am an owner of the Heroic Insignia of the Corrupted Mind.
    *cough* http://www.wowhead.com/spell=77746 *cough*

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Fidisko View Post
    Are you really going to pay for race change because of small boost in one raid boss situation? .... man it is not about you but other 24 players there...... are you serious? .... some people would really spent money for any stupid reasons...
    I'm not in a 25m atmosphere. I'm in a 10m atmosphere.

Also, I know Flametongue gives 6% SP, but I use Searing Totem instead, so.

Now I stand, the lion before the lambs... and they do not fear... They cannot fear...

Would't then simply using Flametongue totem, not only increase YOUR damage, but the rest of your caster groups damage aswell? I'm not an expert on shamans, but that would seem rather obvious to me when you lack a mage

Deleted
    You have a Talent that ALL your fire totems give 10% Spellpower .

20% Haste is better except your are hitting the GCD too hard. So it depends on your hasterating.

By talenting Totemic Wrath all of yours fire totems gives 10% SP by default anyway

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

Dear God.... Read your talents -_-'

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by McWire View Post

20% Haste is better except your are hitting the GCD too hard. So it depends on your hasterating.
    Haste rating right now is at 2158.

my personal pref is berserking

Deleted
    Read your own talents. Totemic Wrath gives all of your fire totems the ability to grant 10% spellpower to the raid, WHICH DOES NOT STACK WITH MAGE BUFF.

Deleted
    Does impress me that people with such little knowledge of their own class manage to get 6/8 on HC down to even have access to Spine...

OT: If you have Bottled Wishes - which you should for Spine - Berserking is gonna end up being better. However, the DPS increase from a Race Change just isn't worth it unless your like a millionaire IRL or your a pro. Save the money and instead focus on learning your class better first.

As others have said, you have a 1 point talent that gives you 10% buff to spellpower no matter which fire totem you have. This is Totemic Wrath, as mentioned above. This buff does not stack with the Mage's buff. This is only if you're Elemental.

However, if you are Enhancement, you have a built in ability that gives you spellpower, but you can not benefit from other sources of spellpower. It's called Mental Quickness, for your reference.

And since you are talking about burst dps, I assume you aren't Resto.

No matter what, you don't need the mage buff.

For Spine, heroic especially, definitely Berserking. The only problems you might have with that is on other bosses, when you blow all CD's at once, and your cast time messes with your GCD's, which are very important for Ele shamans. Bad GCD management is the number one cause of DPS loss for ele shamans who have a good idea of what they are doing. But on the other hand, spreading out your cooldowns would be ideal. Troll is by far the best class for a shaman, even though they look weird, don't wear shoes, and are hunch-backs. ORCZ 4 LIFE

Elementals buff is better baseline then mages, 6% vs 10%, and it works on any fire totem.....so when you are dropping searing you are giving your entire raid 10% SP, you don't have to worry about mages.

And yea, go Beserking if anything.....and don't use it with Bloodlust but rotate.

Honestly not a big deal in the end, seems like you could prob get more DPS by learning your class inside and out since you seem to be missing some important fundamentals like what buffs your class provides.

ok first off read your bloody talents ALL of you fire totems giive you 10% sp http://www.wowhead.com/spell=77746
    How the hell did you make it to 6/8 H without knowing your class at least well enough to realize you are better than a mage for the sp buff? T_T Forget the race change learn your class gurantee your dps will increase and its free.

I think an hour of research will do far more for your DPS than any number of race changes. If you manage to miss that you provide 10% spell power regardless of what totem you're using, you've probably missed a couple of things about optimal rotation, stats, etc.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    I think an hour of research will do far more for your DPS than any number of race changes. If you manage to miss that you provide 10% spell power regardless of what totem you're using, you've probably missed a couple of things about optimal rotation, stats, etc.
    This really. Save yourself some money and do a little reading. If you really hadn't noticed by now that you get 10% sp from any fire totem active, theres probably a lot more your missing.
    Last edited by Radux; 2012-02-29 at 06:15 PM.