10+ Year Old Account
    Queen Chrysalis has so many holes, not even slugbox can fill them all

ROFL xD
    Last edited by Drafo; 2012-05-08 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Raindoom View Post
    Boredom and tiredness settle in, good night.
    Good night!

10+ Year Old Account
    hi everypony.

Quote Originally Posted by isi View Post
    i'm an SW nerd too, but that alone wasn't enough to keep ToR going for me.. i really tried to like this game, i just couldn't...

and WoW exploded like it did because it took everything all other present MMOs already had, polished it and combined it with easy accessibility... creating something that was for everyone and not just the hardcore players.
    it's what makes WoW as a whole better than the other present MMOs... while other MMOs mostly have one aspect they're good with and the rest is pretty bland or bad, WoW just takes all the good stuff and combines it to something not world shattering, but working ... something that makes fun in every aspect you choose to play with the possibility to try other stuff at any time without being hindered or forced to
    That's the thing, WoW was, on many levels, more accessible than most other MMOs at launch. The end game, though, was nigh impenetrable at any significant level. Sure, you could do the first few bosses of MC in greens, but anything after that required so much FR, FR you couldn't get except by grinding those first bosses hoping that one of the two pieces per 40 players would drop and go to you.

I'm not saying WoW didn't start good, it did. It was the most accessible, easy to get into MMO of the time, and no MMO since has really captured that again. It wasn't all peaches and cream from the get go though.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by isi View Post
    i hope not, Guild Wars was pretty bad and boring imho ... and i just don't get the crazy and hype about Guild Wars 2
    To me it seems the crazy hype around GW2 is that it's next in line as "potential WoW killers" and the people hyping it up are primarily the people who have proclaimed the death of WoW for the last 3+ years.

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 09:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zanon View Post
    hi everypony.
    Good morning, Zanon. You're up early, aren't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storeandersfn View Post
    To me it seems the crazy hype around GW2 is that it's next in line as "potential WoW killers" and the people hyping it up are primarily the people who have proclaimed the death of WoW for the last 3+ years.
    I don't see how you can compare to the two. GW2 has no sub fee. People will buy it, stop playing whenever they want, play again, repeat.

One thing that people are missing is that GW1 had tons of standalone expansions at full retail price. That will be interesting to see how people react to it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    That's the thing, WoW was, on many levels, more accessible than most other MMOs at launch. The end game, though, was nigh impenetrable at any significant level. Sure, you could do the first few bosses of MC in greens, but anything after that required so much FR, FR you couldn't get except by grinding those first bosses hoping that one of the two pieces per 40 players would drop and go to you.

I'm not saying WoW didn't start good, it did. It was the most accessible, easy to get into MMO of the time, and no MMO since has really captured that again. It wasn't all peaches and cream from the get go though.
    wat? honestly, raiding in greens is never viable, even in todays WoW not... by the time i started raiding everyone was atleast near complete blue equipped.. and we didn't need much FR until Ragnaros himself

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    WoW did something unexpected and unparalleled. There is no way someone is going to replicate WoW's monumental initial success. I don't want to sound mean, but WoW got lucky. It really did. WoW was not that good of a game at release, but when you're up against the grindfest that is EQ, or the even less popular UO or AC, it doesn't take much to come out ahead. Add on to that rabid Warcraft fans, well, it exploded like nobody expected.
    UO had the issue of making money. With free shards so easily accesible, few played on p2p. I know on my server alone there were over 300,000 active players. We weren't even the most popular - by far. This was on a free shard, as well. None of them really got shut down, and often times were far more interesting and engaging to play. I don't think UO failed at all, It had a massive player base - and even on the p2p realms the player base was pretty sizable. With the ease of coding, and the sheer number of people interested, though - I feel a lot was lost due to them not capitalizing on it.

All things said and done, WoW was succesful because blizzard is an amazing company. Nothing they've made(that I know of) has come anywhere near flopping. Diablo 1 was a success. Warcraft series was a massive success. Starcraft series has been played in competitions since day 1. Diablo 2 was just amazing. When people hear blizzard is releasing a game - people pay attention.

WoWs initial game was awful. Straight up. It didn't have a ton of players(under a million), It was a MASSIVE grind fest - on par with Eq(There were only 100 quests in the entire game), balance was a mess, etc. BC and Wrath are what brought the players, not classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    cola pony is best pony

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 09:59 AM ----------

Good morning, Zanon. You're up early, aren't you?
    Heya anders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good News: I'm back!
    Bad news: I was playing grease monkey with all the free time I had!
    Good news: I have more free time!
    Bad news: I was so freaked out I forgot that I had it!
    Good news: Tomorrow I shall engage in PONIES!
    Bad news: I need sleep -.-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I don't see how you can compare to the two. GW2 has no sub fee. People will buy it, stop playing whenever they want, play again, repeat.

One thing that people are missing is that GW1 had tons of standalone expansions at full retail price. That will be interesting to see how people react to it now.
    I'm not comparing them, but just explaining why I think people are hyping it. Some people seem to think it will take a lot of subscribers from WoW since there's no subscription fee, and because people think there will actually be enough content in a non-subscription based game to be able to enjoy for a long time.

I hate this phrase. I've always hated, and frankly, I see it thrown around more by people that play WoW in response to other's excitement for a new MMO than by anyone excited about an MMO other than WoW. It needs to die in a fire. Please stop using this phrase, even in quotes. I'm sorry if this comes off as rude or anything, but seriously, stop. I'm not kidding.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post

It comes to a question of Time Management. People don't have thousands of hours a week to play, . If GW2 is a massive success, and it brings millions upon millions of people - and they stay - it could potentially seriously harm WoW. Players don't generally play multiple MMOs, not for the subscription cost, but for the time cost. I expect Diablo 3 to hit WoWs playerbase pretty hard as well, not that that'll effect blizzard, but I do expect wows subs to show a significant drop between these two releases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugenryuu View Post
    hibye Mugen

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not comparing them, but just explaining why I think people are hyping it. Some people seem to think it will take a lot of subscribers from WoW since there's no subscription fee, and because people think there will actually be enough content in a non-subscription based game to be able to enjoy for a long time.
    I want to say it was GW2 that said they were aiming to kill WoW. It might of been something else, but pretty sure it was GW2.

I let out a good laugh at that.

Though back to TORtanic. I almost wonder if that game was designed to fail. Full game price, sub fee, incomplete at release. Too many things add up there. Mostly the full game price gives me that impression, which is why I never touched it.

* Yawns
    Good morning everyone

Bah only 1½hour left of posting before i have to go for like 7hours

Have a DAWWWWWWWWWWW *dead* image
    It's nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice
    PM me to be added to whitelist

MLP Fan Fics with my OC as main character: Re-earning Your Cutie Mark

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugenryuu View Post
    Hello and good night, Mugen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    It comes to a question of Time Management. People don't have thousands of hours a week to play, . If GW2 is a massive success, and it brings millions upon millions of people - and they stay - it could potentially seriously harm WoW. Players don't generally play multiple MMOs, not for the subscription cost, but for the time cost. I expect Diablo 3 to hit WoWs playerbase pretty hard as well, not that that'll effect blizzard, but I do expect wows subs to show a significant drop between these two releases.
    The thing is, it doesn't matter about how many people are playing it, it matters how many people are paying for it. I've taken week breaks from WoW to play another game while keeping my sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanon View Post
    hibye Mugen
    Night

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo Gamer View Post
    * Yawns
    Good morning everyone

Bah only 1½hour left of posting before i have to go for like 7hours

Have a DAWWWWWWWWWWW *dead* image
    [IMG]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/085/d/1/free_to_a_good_home_by_bitter_knitter-d4tzwaj.jpg[/MG]
    Morning and goodnight diablo

Hello and good night, Mugen
    Later store!