Quote Originally Posted by Dragonform View Post
    lol there are soooo many bad things that arent illegal ...
    There are plenty of bad things that ARE too.

I'm just saying that legallity doesn't really sway the argument one way or the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drafo! \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Ruomlig View Post
    With certain drugs, and certain doses yes. They can also make you feel good, and are a fun thing to do with friends. In fact, in most cases of drug use, the result is a positive one. Why would people continue smoking pot if it killed you or made you insane 60% of the time? Some people are stupid, yeah, but most aren't that stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Aside from a subjective change in perception and, most notably, mood, the most common short-term physical and neurological effects include increased heart rate, lowered blood pressure, impairment of short-term and working memory, psychomotor coordination, and concentration.
    Gee, sounds as fun as a barrel of monkeys.
    [Steam]
    3DS Friend Code: 2509-2629-0987 | NNID: Sanics
    Formerly known as: Sonic Raindoom, Sir W Reginald Armchair, Sir William R Armchair

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    AT&T can't call their internet DSL without a huge sack of irony hanging off of it. It's barely faster than Dial Up
    Well, I can play WoW ok, and get LFG groups that fail constantly. But outside that, it feels like it's struggling the whole time just to stay connected. Getting disconnected from IRC, having a lovely time watching webpages load extremely slowly, and occasionally (like one in ten) not even loading at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Raindoom View Post
    They fuck up your brain, sometimes the rest of your body too, and they can cause you to become violent and dangerous. Drugs that get you really high can cause a permanent distortion of your perception of reality and give you frequent mental breakdowns.
    during study i've seen some friends of mine doing that to themself... they were always "it's fine, you should try too!" but in the end they fucked up everything and ended up as total wrecks...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyssia View Post
    Drafo! \o/
    Heyja ely, how are you today?

Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Alright, I need to get to work.

I shall return after work, either directly after work, or an extra 30 minutes later when I make the drive back to random computer because Comcrap still isn't on their shit
    Have a good day, Freyski!

word!!!

if you know how to use drugs properly you won´t fuck your body up that much.
    Aye. It's all common sense, moderation and experience.

>Implying they aren't.

If they aren't bad then WHY THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THEY'RE ILLEGAL?
    Really? This is ridiculous. It used to be illegal to have homosexual sex. Was that "wrong"? Hell no. It used to be legal to own slaves. Was that "right"? Absolutely not. Morality and Legality are completely separate. Some things are moral while still being illegal somewhere, and some immoral things are legal.

Reasons why pot is illegal, at least in America:
    1. Lobbying by industries threatened by hemp production, like the paper industry for example.
    2. Racism against Mexicans in the early 1900s who introduced the drug to America.
    3. Propaganda from the government and other organizations.
    4. Tradition, it's been illegal, so some people think it should stay that way.

To name a few.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    Drugs are not all bad. Most of my very closest friends and loved ones do one type of drug or another, and it's caused them no harm. All things in moderation though, too much of anything is bad.
    I concur with the bold. Of course, I plan on at least trying drugs before dismissing them entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by isi View Post
    during study i've seen some friends of mine doing that to themself... they were always "it's fine, you should try too!" but in the end they fucked up everything and ended up as total wrecks...
    Those that can not see into the infinite valley of wonder that is this world without drugs are clearly doing things wrong.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, time to lay off the drug talk. See sig for rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heyja ely, how are you today?
    i'm well, just chillin ^_^
    goona goto sleep soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Well, I can play WoW ok, and get LFG groups that fail constantly. But outside that, it feels like it's struggling the whole time just to stay connected. Getting disconnected from IRC, having a lovely time watching webpages load extremely slowly, and occasionally (like one in ten) not even loading at all.
    Yar.

See you after work Pen!

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

Gee, sounds as fun as a barrel of monkeys.
    What drug is that? Pot? You could say the same thing, (and in fact more severe consequences) for alcohol. (Which is legal, in most places!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    Have a good day, Freyski!

Aye. It's all common sense, moderation and experience.
    Bai Mixerific!

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

>Implying they aren't.

If they aren't bad then WHY THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THEY'RE ILLEGAL?
    The internet is illegal in North Korea. Internet must be bad then because it is illegal somewhere. We are very bad people for using the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruomlig View Post
    With certain drugs, and certain doses yes. They can also make you feel good, and are a fun thing to do with friends. In fact, in most cases of drug use, the result is a positive one. Why would people continue smoking pot if it killed you or made you insane 60% of the time? Some people are stupid, yeah, but most aren't that stupid.
    Actually, you'd be surprised. The vast majority of people are short-sighted and hedonistic.

To them, it doesn't matter what the long-term effects are. Hell, most don't even CONSIDER the long-term effects. Most cases of self-damaging alcohol and drug abuse comes from the mentality of "Well, Bill does it and he's fine!"

Everyone reacts to drugs differently.

Smoke weed errday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damnit, I remember back in July last year, I was watching a great documentary on pot. Can't remember what it was. I'll look for it on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    This is an uninformed statement, it sounds like you've watched too many drugsarebadmmkay propaganda commercials. I can say that about almost anything that is improperly used. Cars can fuck up your brain, sometimes the rest of your body too. They can cause you to become violent and dangerous (road rage) and give you frequent mental breakdowns. Fortunately some people know how to drive cars properly. Fortunately some people know how to use drugs properly.
    I realize that there are things about drugs that aren't terribad, but most people who start doing drugs "just a little" end up abusing them. It's just all around a good idea to not use them in the first place.
    * Pats head.

That's good for you.
    [Steam]
    3DS Friend Code: 2509-2629-0987 | NNID: Sanics
    Formerly known as: Sonic Raindoom, Sir W Reginald Armchair, Sir William R Armchair