Thread: Sentinel Help

Sentinel Help

I have a couple questions in regards to Sentinel.

Ive tried to ask a couple of people IG and no one seems to care to help or I get some snide remark such as "you dont know" or "your what level and havent figured this out?" so it leads me to aggravation as ive been playing this game PVE. I have seen posts and searched online for anything in regards to Merciless strike and I do not see this option as a ability at all. When i go to my trainer and i search through "all" I do not see this listed either. Is this an effect generated or an actual ability?

My second question would be I havent really spent much time doing anything but PVE due to my changing schedule. What would be the better build for PVE, Combat or Watchman? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkeenAttas View Post
    I have a couple questions in regards to Sentinel.

Ive tried to ask a couple of people IG and no one seems to care to help or I get some snide remark such as "you dont know" or "your what level and havent figured this out?" so it leads me to aggravation as ive been playing this game PVE. I have seen posts and searched online for anything in regards to Merciless strike and I do not see this option as a ability at all. When i go to my trainer and i search through "all" I do not see this listed either. Is this an effect generated or an actual ability?

My second question would be I havent really spent much time doing anything but PVE due to my changing schedule. What would be the better build for PVE, Combat or Watchman? Thanks in advance.
    Since there is no combat log there is real no subjective way to say. So play whatever feels better to you. As long as the boss dies it doesnt really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Since there is no combat log there is real no subjective way to say. So play whatever feels better to you. As long as the boss dies it doesnt really matter.
    Very much this. At this point I would say try both and see which feels better to you and go with that.

I think you mean Merciless Slash? It's the top tier ability in the Watchman Spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Very much this. At this point I would say try both and see which feels better to you and go with that.

I think you mean Merciless Slash? It's the top tier ability in the Watchman Spec.
    but is it an ability that will pop up in my vendor when i reach that tier on the watchman tree? The reason i ask is i was under the assumption that all abilities were viewable when you selected "all". Thanks again

No.

When you unlock an ability thru your talent tree you just gain that ability. You dont have to train it from a trainer.

would it be something that is then applied to my toolbar for use? Or just an effect that will then on be applied? Thanks.

If it is an ability that you activate then it would go on your action bar (assuming you have a free slot) if not, then it goes into your abilities book.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a spot open on your bar, it just appears... if not you can open your "ability book" or whatever its called and drag and drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Merciless Slash is a deep-tree talent in the Watchman tree. If you spec optimally you can get the ability at/around level 40. You do not have to train it, you learn it automatically when you are able to select the talent.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bIbRroMfGz.1 Speced this way you get the ability at lv40.

As far as which tree is better (watchman vs. combat), well, that debate has been raging for quite some time now. ON PAPER watchman appears to be the best for long boss fight PvE situations due to crits, dots, and burn effects that increase in strength the longer the fight goes on. Talents like merciless zeal (2nd tier talent, watchman) is useful for self heals due to burn effects. If you like to PvP, again, on paper Combat appears to pull ahead due to the burst nature of the talents available.

Until proper meters are implemented the debate will continue to rage. I favor the watchman tree because I wish to raid more (boss fights) and I also like the lore behind the watchman/Vaapad spec since I am a big fan of Mace Windu. As others have mentioned, it comes down to preference and your overall play style.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    If it is an ability that you activate then it would go on your action bar (assuming you have a free slot) if not, then it goes into your abilities book.
    thank you very much thats what i was looking for.