Deleted

Bots in Next-gen MMO FPS i.e. Titan

Let me start by saying I'm no expert when it comes to PC shooters, my knowledge is limited to playing MW3 on a casual bases so be gentle in your responses.

Now it is a well known fact that in World of Warcraft many bots go about their business undetected. In Modern Warfare things couldn't be any worse on the botting front, it's rare to find a FFA match without encountering at least one aimbot so players that are looking for fair play are forced to resort to other less popular game types like Search & Destroy (where there are no respawns). I've heard through friends and the interwebs that games like BF3 also have some issues with aimbots, albeit less severe than MW.

It worries me to think that there would be aimbots that go undetected in ''Titan'' as there are bots that go undetected now in WoW. Even just a few people going undetected would be enough to severely jeopardise the FPS aspect of said MMO, where good aim for a large part would be the way to win instead of thinking on your feet and using the right abilities to counter your opponents abilities.

Do you think this might be a concern or do you think there is no need to worry about this at all because <insert example of game 100% aimbot free> (and add some info about the technology of the bot-detection if you have it)?

Well this will probably be locked because of the countless other Titan threads, but...

How the hell do people seem so certain it will be an FPS? What the hell gave them that idea and why do they stick to it so tenaciously?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Well this will probably be locked because of the countless other Titan threads, but...

How the hell do people seem so certain it will be an FPS? What the hell gave them that idea and why do they stick to it so tenaciously?
    Humor me and SPECULATE along with me and respond to the content of the post or just stay the f*** out of the thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    Humor me and SPECULATE along with me and respond to the content of the post or just stay the f*** out of the thread.
    Speculating based on speculation is like playing pretend while you're high.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabloem View Post
    Speculating based on speculation is like playing pretend while you're high.
    Thank your for your clarifying input.

Never though about aim-bots...

However, I do think it will be more then just "AIM! FIRE!!!!" in Titan. Think of it, it is Blizzard. If they want new/more customers they'll have to innovate somewhat, and frankly, "Aim 'n' Fire" is just WAY to simple.

Anyone with more bot-knowledge here who could answer this concern?
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Dont think there is any game that is free from bots/aimbots.

Deleted
    Well, the difference here is that after the failed boycott of mw2 (or was it second? never played close attention to the series, sorry) the developers of the MW stopped giving any fucks about PC community, that's why there were no attempts to improve the problems in MW3 on PC. What we can hope is that blizzard, despite being a part of activision, still values it's reputation on PC market and won't allow that to happen. But you're correct, there are some problems with hacks/bots in wow, tho not that widespread, but still present, so that makes it a valid concern.

Still, years of training in wow, mainly dealing with limiting addons from playing the game for you, will help them in designing the Titan.

You are already worrying about botting in a game we as yet know so little about - not even the genre or name

You need a hobby sir

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    You are already worrying about botting in a game we as yet know so little about - not even the genre or name

You need a hobby sir
    Thanks, I'll get right on that!

Speculating on speculation isn't really productive, and from the posts we've already seen this thread seems like it's just going to attract a lot of snarky comments. Closing this.