Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

ME1 and ME2 save game files.

Wasn't sure to post this in the megathread or not =/

But I'm planning on playing ME2 because I no longer have save files on my computer, I loved that game. I liked Mass Effect 1 alot too, but i really don't have as much of a desire to play through it again. Do you think any parts from 1 will make a big impact in 3? basically I'm asking is playing 1-> 2 -> 3 in order going to have any difference then just playing 2 -> 3.

Also, My mass effect 1 game is on origin, my ME2 game is on steam, and unfortunately my ME3 game will have to be on origin also. will this cause any problems for save files?

Quote Originally Posted by Burnster View Post
    Wasn't sure to post this in the megathread or not =/

But I'm planning on playing ME2 because I no longer have save files on my computer, I loved that game. I liked Mass Effect 1 alot too, but i really don't have as much of a desire to play through it again. Do you think any parts from 1 will make a big impact in 3? basically I'm asking is playing 1-> 2 -> 3 in order going to have any difference then just playing 2 -> 3.

Also, My mass effect 1 game is on origin, my ME2 game is on steam, and unfortunately my ME3 game will have to be on origin also. will this cause any problems for save files?
    Not near as big of an impact as 2 has, thats for sure, but they are there none the less. Theres a website somewhere where u can download save files from the first 2 games if youre interested. You made a good choice posting outside of megathread imo.. its just turned into AGHGHGHG bioware! DLC ON LAUNCH!?!?!?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea, the only thing I can see having a huge impact is which character you have dieing, which then turns into which squad mate do you want, male or female. They'll pretty much have the same lines ME:2 will have bigger changes. So can't wait to see what happens to the collector ship I gave The Illusive Man.

Bioware actually sells a interactive comic that will create a mass effect 1 savegame for you.
    If you don't want to fork over the cash then there are websites that host savegames aswell, nearly every possible combination of choices is represented.

Deleted
    http://masseffectsaves.com/ have fun, they have some mods for the game too, like one that lets you have all the special weapons in the second game, where you normally could only choose one of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    http://masseffectsaves.com/ have fun, they have some mods for the game too, like one that lets you have all the special weapons in the second game, where you normally could only choose one of them.
    Don't forget http://www.masseffect2saves.com/ !

Yeah I lost my saves 2, downloaded a save from masseffect2saves.com and also bookmarked a character face I want
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Get Gibbed's savegame editor, and you can start a ME2 game like you already beat ME1 with all the decisions you want.
    And if you ask me, every game matters. I started playing a new ME1 run (lost savegames too, and didn't want to use the editor) just because I want to make every decision by myself, and not the generic Bioware ending.
    You see, endings are important to me