Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I was 16 and I wouldn't recommend it

My advice to any and all you young people is this: Milk your folks for all they're worth. Enjoy the free food and electricity, because it WONT last forever. Save every penny you can while you're there because as much fun as living on your own can be for a young person, its not cheap.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to be 21 this month, and I don't plan to move out until I get my degree. I'll probably wait until I've worked one year so I can afford to pay my parents back for my education and still have enough to rent my own place somewhere.

What's wrong with living with your parents when you're in your 20s? Unless there is some issue at home, it doesn't look very financially responsible to move out when you're not ready to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rec View Post
    I'm going to be 21 this month, and I don't plan to move out until I get my degree. I'll probably wait until I've worked one year so I can afford to pay my parents back for my education and still have enough to rent my own place somewhere.

What's wrong with living with your parents when you're in your 20s? Unless there is some issue at home, it doesn't look very financially responsible to move out when you're not ready to.
    Yeah, my situation was the "issue at home" type, so gone at 15.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fall after graduating HS i left for college and never came home

19, shared flat with a good friend from the start.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Lived at home until I went away for college and have been on my own ever since.

Deleted
    Walked out bit before hitting 17 years old.
    Last I heard, one of brothers left in his mid 20s, other`s still there in his mid to late 30s (masochists....)

Deleted
    16 and I don't regret it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rec View Post

I don't think there's anything wrong with living at home while going to college. It makes sense financially.
    Putin khuliyo

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Leeching? Not really, I worked and paid for my things, even helped around with some bills of our home (and this is considering my mother and father are... wealthy, to say so.)

But, all of a sudden, my father comes in, saying that I'm too old to be living with them and that I need more responsibilities, then proceeds to tell me that I can stay in their house, but I'd have to pay the equivalent of a full rent, plus get a better job/attend university as soon as possible.

So yeah... I was ''forced'' to move. I'm happy though, living with 2 friends atm and it has been a lot of fun... but sometimes it is hard ;/
    Yea, like I said, tough love: Pay the same as everyone else in rent, or get out. Like you said, it was so you'd get a better job/attend university, and getting you out on your own seemed the best way to make you realise you need these things. The fact your parents are wealthy and can afford the bills has nothing to do with it: make your own way in the world. Sounds like your parents want you to be the best you can, and not doing the minimum to get by.

Moving out this summer to go to uni, will have turned 20 at that time.
    I've seen mates deal with some pretty messed up house owners (sudden evictions etc.), so I'm glad that I won't have to go out on the market to find a place to rent -- as my parents planned ahead and bought an apartment for this purpose some six-odd years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last year when I was 20, I have no fucking clue why though, all I did was build a house 300 yards away.

Deleted
    36 hours after my father hit me on my 18th birthday, Gave him a black eye as a goodbye present.
    funnily enough we sort got along after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I hate it, but it is damn near impossible for me to find a job, especially since I have been unemployed since June 2009 (almost 3 years), and just about no one will hire a dude with nearly 3 years of continuous unemployment.

Sometimes I wish I was a girl so I could have an easier time obtaining employment in this little shithole town.
    I very much feel your pain I got a job in Oct 2009, the women in the office I was working in were backstabbing bitches. The guy who originally hired me got pushed out of his team leader position so he found another job and quit. The woman who replaced him had this huge chip on her shoulder and hated me so she did everything she could to get me fired. She succeeded....

I've been unemployed since April 2010, applied for many many jobs but these days I don't even get the "no thank you" letter let alone an interview. I too am finding it really hard to get a job and I REALLY hope that being unemployed for coming up to 3 years now isn't being held against me! The problem also is that i'm turning 29 this year which dosn't help as they only seem to want people around the age of 22 or less. Also about your statement of being female would help you to find a job easier... not around where I live! I'm female and I'm struggling just like you to find work!

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Quote Originally Posted by Randie View Post
    Yea, like I said, tough love: Pay the same as everyone else in rent, or get out. Like you said, it was so you'd get a better job/attend university, and getting you out on your own seemed the best way to make you realise you need these things. The fact your parents are wealthy and can afford the bills has nothing to do with it: make your own way in the world. Sounds like your parents want you to be the best you can, and not doing the minimum to get by.
    I can agree with that, although it was a bit of a shock for me.

Everything is going smooth now, though I'm still having some problems with money and taking care of the apartment etc.

18 with 12$ to my name and starting a new job not knowing if i could keep the job and stay were i was headed, all worked out cause i worked at it.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

One or two months after I turned 20.

God, I've been living here for soon 3 years. >.>
    Time travels at the speed of gravity!

16 - couldn't stand the city my parents decided to drag me to. Had to move.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    16 - couldn't stand the city my parents decided to drag me to. Had to move.
    Wie heißt die Stadt?

15+ Year Old Account
    Please post in english on these forums.