Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I haven't (yet).

Currently 25 years old, but the housemarket is rough.
    The area I work in requires you to be signed up to rentingcorporations for at least 1-2 years. Private renting is just not affordable for me.

Luckily I have the luxury of living relatively close to where I work and I offered my parents to pay rent while living at home, but they'd rather I save it and buy nice stuff for when I do move out.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

I did not, My parent passed away before I even could move out. Now I inherited the hose and I do not need to move out.

Currently 27, turn 28 in 7 months. I still live at home. Their is honestly nothing wrong with it. I had a great job and was going to college full-time in the evening but got canned for no reason at work (at will employment sucks sometimes) and could have moved out but now that I am unemployed it isn't feasible to look for an apartment.

To top it off I have two dogs so I would need to find a place that will allow me to bring my dogs or I have to leave them behind.

My parents are divorced so it is just my mom in a 3 bedroom house and she works two jobs so I do a lot to help around the house anyways including cooking and cleaning. I also do all the grocery shopping and pay the cell phones and built a PC that allowed my mom to cut down on the cable bill by over $100/month so while I don't pay rent I do provide a lot of other ways around the house that makes up for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was 15 when I left home, my husband was 23 when he moved in with me(dont get any ideas we are only a few months apart in age lol) My situation was a bit dangerous so I left home( not getting into that today I am ina good mood lol) My husbands home situation was awesome and his brother is 6 years older than him(36 now) and still lives with their parents, his wife lives with them too.

I say if the relationship and situation allows it, stay home. The way the economy is(US) at least, its the smarter move. From what I know, nowadays its perfectly common to live at home till at least 25

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    The freedom you get from living alone, is in itself worth it I would say. Just feels great, even if it also sucks at times (doing the dishes is on of the most evil things ever).
    Dishwasher is definitely next on my "big purchases" list ^_^
    I completely agree. I have about a weeks worth of dishes sitting in my sink waiting for me to wash them

6 months ago today. Was 26 at the time (27 now and I seem to be the oldest one in this thread so far) and I left on good terms. Hell my mom didn't want me to move out because than she would have to wait long for me to fix her computer when ever she messed it up. After house sitting for my cousin for a little over a month last spring I decided to find a place of my own. So last Sept. 1 I moved into a nice 1 bedroom apartment that's within walking distance to where I work.

10+ Year Old Account
    One week ago. I'm 22, finnished career half year ago and worked since then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was 17 at the time and it was two weeks after I graduated high school

10+ Year Old Account
    19, then 20 in my first apartment with my fiance. 21 now, we're moving to Seattle from a small podunk town in three weeks.

15+ Year Old Account
    When I was 21, but I am actually moving back in. Got pretty boring alone. Next time I move I will try and be in a relationship or just find someone to live with.

I moved out about a year ago (age 22).

I'm extremely grateful to my parents for not once pressuring me to move out. They allowed me to stay at home while I went to college, and didn't even say anything after I graduated. That gave me enough time to get a good bit of money saved up, which meant I could afford a nicer place.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    I agree in part, though considering how my love life looks like, I don't think that's an issue. However, I never got how it's not cool to bring a girl into your house if you live with your parents, but it's no problem if a girl brings a boy in her house in the same situation.

I get it must have something to do with the ancestral tradition of the male having to provide food and shelter to be considered a worthy mate.

Oh god, it is. Sooo much. I totaly do not want to have a one night stand with a girl in her parents house. Imagine the ultra awkwardness if you meet her parents. Holy shit.
    It's different if she is your girlfriend but random fun girls? Naww man, I'd rather take her to make place in this case.

Works the other way around as well. When I was living at my parents place and she was already living on her own, we always ended up at her place.
    If she was also living with her parents, then we would go to my place tho, simply to avoid her parents. After all, my dad did not care, her dad did ( or should, at least )

Around the age of 20. My friend's Mom bought him a house and he needed a roommate. All expenses are payed except Internet and Food of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    18. Went to college, never moved home again.

10+ Year Old Account
    20, when I started studying at Uni

Deleted
    3 weeks after i turned 18, had been working and saving up for 10 months before that. i lived alone for 2½ year now, and even tho its a half shitty 1 room apartment, its still the best thing ive done. Tho i guess it really depends on your relationship with your parents, i cant spend much more than a few hours with my mom without getting tired of it, and my relationship with my father is pretty much non excistant outside of holidays.

Just gonna add im from denmark, its quite common to move out early here, most of my friends moved out between 17 and 20, but i didnt know how i could justify telling my mother i would move out before i was 18, since people that do that, mostly do it to live at a more fitting place, but i live in the same town. Also getting "adult" pay before moving was a good thing.
    Last edited by mmoc79d521e3a8; 2012-03-02 at 06:37 AM.

17, got the hell out of there fast. Tried to maintain a relationship with my mother for another year out of a sense of duty but yeah, didn't really work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was 27 when I moved from Berlin, Germany to Ohio. Never had the desire or the reason to move out, family was mostly good, and my mom is one of those who'd love to live in a big house with multiple generations under one roof. My brother, who is 41 still lives back home.
    "Reality: The refuge of those who fail in RPGs"
    ~Though this be madness, yet there is method in't~

Day I turned 18. I attempted to when I was 17 but my mother called the police and reported me as a runaway, causing them to bring me back.
    Last edited by obdigore; 2012-03-02 at 06:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Day I turned 21. I attempted to when I was 17 but my mother called the police and reported me as a runaway, causing them to bring me back.
    Then why not wait 1 more year, instead of 4?

10+ Year Old Account
    25 still at home learning to live without medicine(was put on medicine when i was age 4-6 and on it till 21 or so) and working part time.