Finnally killed H Ultra!!

Sweet! Now to the nitty gritty. I cant seem to get close to my simmed DPS. Using the extended FE uptime spec im supposed to hit 37k. Yet as you can see from my logs i was only able to hit 33k. Using my normal Spec i only simmed at 36k and when i used it on Ultra i did 32k. So there is obviously something there. I went through my logs and from what i can see i had a 99% uptime of every buff and Dot so no lost power there. I was thinking maybe some lost ES or something or maybe slow LvB's.

Any help would be appreciated.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zu...?s=2348&e=2707

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slikvik View Post
    Sweet! Now to the nitty gritty. I cant seem to get close to my simmed DPS. Using the extended FE uptime spec im supposed to hit 37k. Yet as you can see from my logs i was only able to hit 33k. Using my normal Spec i only simmed at 36k and when i used it on Ultra i did 32k. So there is obviously something there. I went through my logs and from what i can see i had a 99% uptime of every buff and Dot so no lost power there. I was thinking maybe some lost ES or something or maybe slow LvB's.

Any help would be appreciated.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zu...?s=2348&e=2707
    You will never reach your maxed sim, because you have downtime when you move out for fading light, and hour of twilight even if you do it 0.1 sec before. One dot tick while you are passive/do not do any direct damage destroys dps.

This is for example the reason why sometimes arcane mages have a much higher dps than people doing more total damage. They are the only class missing any form of dot.

Edit: As for your personal dps, I'm not very experienced with elemental shamans, I just wanted to point that out, so that you don't bash yourself too much.
    Last edited by mmocbf46be2757; 2012-03-01 at 01:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two main problems in general that I can identify:

You only did three casts of Elemental Mastery. On a six minute fight, you can easily get four.

You didn't use your Volcanic Potion. And if you missed the in-fight one, I'm wondering if you pre-potted.

As for why you're not poking your sim numbers, the above is one reason (big reason), but the other is that you are not a robot. And, unless you changed some settings of your own volition, you may not have all the buffs that the sim includes by relative default. Your Lava Burst casts were 8.3sec cast time interval. Note while this isn't super fantastic, it's also not terrible. This ranges in the "acceptable area". 8sec flat is considered great. But what does your sim have down? Likely somewhere in the range of 7.6sec.

You are not a robot and unless you hop in some sci-fi novel, you will never be.
    mhm? mhm.

Quote Originally Posted by eDGe87 View Post
    You will never reach your maxed sim, because you have downtime when you move out for fading light, and hour of twilight even if you do it 0.1 sec before. One dot tick while you are passive/do not do any direct damage destroys dps.

This is for example the reason why sometimes arcane mages have a much higher dps than people doing more total damage. They are the only class missing any form of dot.

Edit: As for your personal dps, I'm not very experienced with elemental shamans, I just wanted to point that out, so that you don't bash yourself too much.
    Well i used the ultraxion setting on Simcraft.

Deleted
    Well i used the ultraxion setting on Simcraft.
    and does it take into account dots ticking while you don't do dmg? I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Paf View Post
    Two main problems in general that I can identify:

You only did three casts of Elemental Mastery. On a six minute fight, you can easily get four.

You didn't use your Volcanic Potion. And if you missed the in-fight one, I'm wondering if you pre-potted.

As for why you're not poking your sim numbers, the above is one reason (big reason), but the other is that you are not a robot. And, unless you changed some settings of your own volition, you may not have all the buffs that the sim includes by relative default. Your Lava Burst casts were 8.3sec cast time interval. Note while this isn't super fantastic, it's also not terrible. This ranges in the "acceptable area". 8sec flat is considered great. But what does your sim have down? Likely somewhere in the range of 7.6sec.

You are not a robot and unless you hop in some sci-fi novel, you will never be.
    well the robot part i get but 5k is a big difference. I guess missing all those things you mentioned probably will make up for the dps that im missing. Seems like very little things though, Ele shamans will never cease to amaze me

One thing that will also hinder obtaining that simcraft result is that it assumes a Patchwerk style fight. This means just stand there and nuke -- nothing else. Ultraxion still has debuffs and encounter related things that will lower overall dps compared to a straight up Patchwerk (though Ultraxion is the closest thing we've had to that in a while).

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    One thing that will also hinder obtaining that simcraft result is that it assumes a Patchwerk style fight. This means just stand there and nuke -- nothing else. Ultraxion still has debuffs and encounter related things that will lower overall dps compared to a straight up Patchwerk (though Ultraxion is the closest thing we've had to that in a while).
    The new simcraft 432-2 has an Ultraxion setting, isnt this taking into account the mechanics of ultraxion?

I'll have to double check the code for it. I haven't checked it since last ship.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new simcraft 432-2 has an Ultraxion setting, isnt this taking into account the mechanics of ultraxion?
    Yes and no. Sims always have limitations, and don't remove the effect of RNG on any single attempt.

Deleted
    When comparing your DPS, do not use the average simc-result. It's an average over a larger number of attempts than you ever will be able to play in reality.

Look at the DPS-distribution from the simc-result. Get the DPS range where most results are in.
    Then look at your numbers and ask yourself if you are within this range of the most-likely-DPS.

Average values are simply useless to compare to ONE of your kills. You have to look at a large spectrum of "possible" DPS values with RNG effects.

Oh, and your log is bugged for 19 seconds of your fire totems. ( ST + FE = 338 sec - fight duration 357 sec but Totemic Wrath = 357 sec)

Still - there is always room for improvement. ^^
    Last edited by mmocdfc71e8c7b; 2012-03-01 at 11:32 AM.

Deleted
    congradulations...