Deleted

Adds on Heroic Yor'sahj (Shadow)

I was wondering if it's worth dotting the Faceless Ones, or if it's better to just Mind Sear them all down.

Currently I'm putting SW:P on all of them as they spawn, before they're all clustered, and then Mind Searing while keeping ES/DoTs up on Yor'Sahj.

It depends on how much AOE your group is capable of. If the adds are dying quickly enough that you get very few ticks out of SW:P, you could have used those GCDs to Mind Sear instead. If they're slow to die (and assuming your group isn't getting killed in the process), then your strat would get more DPS out of it.

My group's healers had a lot of trouble with those adds, particularly if we had a yellow ooze up as well. I kept DPSing the boss until they were about to cluster, then only used Mind Sear. I lag a bit, so the maximum I had been able to dot up was maybe 2, so I figured the time spent doing that and switching targets for Mind Sear when one died could have been spend on a bit more DPS on the boss.

Either way, it's just preference and what works best for your group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

Spam VT on them as they spawn, before they can be AoE'd with Mind Sear.

Once they have started clumping up, spam Mind Sear, making sure you keep up Empowered Shadow if it is about to drop off.

Deleted
    Okay, I think I'll try VTing them as they spawn next time, thanks.

---------- Post added 2012-03-02 at 01:12 AM ----------

Tried VTing them, worked well, especially for the second set of adds on the Yellow/Black/Red combo. Cheers guys.

Deleted
    just spike and MB