Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    IMO Assasins Creed is turning into Call of Duty, launching games every year?
    Unlike Call of Duty, this is a popular story driven game.

The only reason they'd take a few years off from releasing a new game would be to introduce a whole new engine and improved gameplay which isn't what they need at the moment.

Official Cover Art:

Countdown for AC3 announcement. march 5th. 5 pm. not sure which time zone

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/ac/en-US/index.aspx

also i am very excited to see where this goes.
    im liking the native american type thing. they have a very rich history and a very interesting culture and fighting style.
    and im american, so anything with america in it is all right by me
    Last edited by vazar_da_priest; 2012-03-02 at 02:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds pretty cool, tbh after Embers I was hoping they'd move the series to China :P but I can do with some American Revolution awesomeness.

As long as they keep the focus on Melee fighting, and don't make it all about shooting, if I wanted to play a third person shooter I'd play Gears of War... again
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Raphyjj View Post
    Seems strange to me. Maybe the ancestor will be a descendant of Christopher Columbus(Italian)? Revolution's are always fun to digitally partake in and as an Australian I will particularly enjoy some Brittish soldier stabby action. However, the first sniff of American patriotic bullshit and I'm getting my AC tattoo removed. I suppose it's fitting to follow the history of an ex-super power like Rome with the history of another ex-super power like the USA. Maybe AC 4 will be China
    assassins creed are all developed in canada from ubisoft montreal

so i wouldnt expect a whole lot of american patriotism
    also they have people from all over the world help make the game

so...yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Raphyjj View Post
    Seems strange to me. Maybe the ancestor will be a descendant of Christopher Columbus(Italian)? Revolution's are always fun to digitally partake in and as an Australian I will particularly enjoy some Brittish soldier stabby action. However, the first sniff of American patriotic bullshit and I'm getting my AC tattoo removed. I suppose it's fitting to follow the history of an ex-super power like Rome with the history of another ex-super power like the USA. Maybe AC 4 will be China
    AC3 Is the last game in the main series. Sure, I doubt it'll be the last AC game, but every game after this point will be a spinoff. This is the end of Desmond's story.

And I doubt you'll get any "patriotic bullshit" aside from patriotic characters in game. Which is no different than other characters in the series that are patriotic about their own countries. Bartolomeo was fairly patriotic if I recall, and the propaganda from the town criers in Damascus could be considered patriotic, or at least very pro national, I don't really know if you could technically classify that as patriotic.

My point is, expect something on that level, likely for both sides, as I highly doubt you will stick to American controlled cities.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    IMO Assasins Creed is turning into Call of Duty, launching games every year?
    CoD every year.
    Halo every year.
    Assassin's Creed every year.

Who cares, as long as they're good, people like them, and people buy them, what's not to like? Businesses make money, people stay happy playing games they like. Nothing wrong with it, most developers release a game every year. It used to be Tony Hawk, Rock Band and Mario every year, now others are taking their places, and soon, something else will takes the current spots.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Since this is the last in the trilogy, I hope they update the engine for the next AC games.

Also it would be nice if the PC version comes out on the same day as PC but, sadly I doubt it even though they promised ACR PC would be out on the same day as consoles.
    Last edited by Ave07; 2012-03-02 at 08:07 AM.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...icle&id=278760

screen shots from ingame!

The one where he's hunting a deer i think pretty much confirms an open world and possibly a hunger system?

Also, I really kinda hope this isn't the last game for this series. I could see them expanding this assassin into another game as maybe a hey since we saved the world or world ended lets explore into this new assassins life and see what happens during the war of 1812.
    Last edited by muxx; 2012-03-02 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackspur View Post
    And became Native American?
    maybe a european ancestor of Desmond travel to america and have a son with a native american
    Last edited by Blazer4500; 2012-03-02 at 07:24 PM.
    Velen: I think your God may just be one of our Gods and you just don't know it.
    Tyrande: Well, I think our Goddess may have crafted your Gods in her spare time.
    Velen and Tyrande: ....
    Velen: Yeah, well...I'm just gonna go.
    Tyrande: Bye.
    *Velen starts walking toward the portal back to Exodar*
    Velen: Your grandmother was a Troll, by the way.
    Tyrande: SENTINELS!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    There is one they fear, the assassin, DRAGONBORN! Nah jk, I gotta stop comparing everything with snow to Skyrim, lol. It looks really really good, good enough to make people stop worrying imo. Looks like shots from a trailer, too, hopefully we get one of those soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    There is one they fear, the assassin, DRAGONBORN! Nah jk, I gotta stop comparing everything with snow to Skyrim, lol. It looks really really good, good enough to make people stop worrying imo. Looks like shots from a trailer, too, hopefully we get one of those soon.
    Lol yeah ur right it could be a trailer but i srsly hope its open world like red dead.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...52&postcount=1

Some info from Game Informer's April Magazine. Spoilers beware but good read at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Prequel to National Treasure?

anyways, seems kind of strange to have a Native American assassin during the 1700s rather than the 1800s. It would be much more suited for the Civil War I think.

edit: ooh idea. You play as John Wilkes Booth and assassinate Lincoln, since he turns out to be a Templar.

History from a different perspective.

Actually in the spirit of the time period, something to do with assassinating the founding fathers. I'd love to have a 1 on 1 with Washington.
    Lincoln is my favorite president

Deleted
    So cool concept! Really like it

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    We get to climb trees now? :O Also I really hope they do add a weather effect and that rain in that screen shot isn't just a cut scene.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assassin's Creed 3 release confirmed for October

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...te-october-30/

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Judging a game after 10 minutes, nice.

Anyway, I have to say that while AC1 looked very good for its time, it was very repetitive compared to latter games.
    Actually only took 2 minutes to realize game was shit. Gave it 8 more minutes cause I wasted all the time downloading it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muxx View Post
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...icle&id=278760

screen shots from ingame!

The one where he's hunting a deer i think pretty much confirms an open world and possibly a hunger system?

Also, I really kinda hope this isn't the last game for this series. I could see them expanding this assassin into another game as maybe a hey since we saved the world or world ended lets explore into this new assassins life and see what happens during the war of 1812.

ah i was hoping we could play as the British side :P looks really nice from those screenshots

LOL at people saying American cities looked like crap compared to their European counterparts.

As I understand, not even Boston had a layer of human/horse shit mixture a foot deep on its streets (unlike Paris and London)

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    ah i was hoping we could play as the British side :P looks really nice from those screenshots
    You won't be able to play as either side. You play as an Assassin. The conflict of two squabbling nations is utterly insignificant compared to the war that has been going on since the dawn of human civilization. You will fight Templars, and you will only aid one side or the other as long as it lines up with your goals of ending the real war.