Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizark View Post
    Hi. I have Native American and European ancestors. I don't understand the problem. Are you trying to suggest that Europeans did not engage in intercourse with Native Americans?
    hell I'm European, and I've had intercourse with more than a few Native American women .

Funny thing about Ancestry, the branches tend to go ALOT further than you think, I'm from the UK, my mum and her mum are both born and bred UK citizens.... yet I can trace my Maternal line back to one of the old kings of spain, and some Vikings. Am I spanish or a Viking? No, but I have some of their blood in me.. a tiny tiny bit , and that's just from my Maternal line, add in the Paternal line, and I'm sure I can find traces from all over the place.

You'd be VERY surprised what happens when you do a little digging, especially if you're from a place like the UK, or the US, which has had settlers from all over, been ruled by different people etcetc.

just to get back on topic, AC3... FRAK yeah
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Blizark View Post
    Hi. I have Native American and European ancestors. I don't understand the problem. Are you trying to suggest that Europeans did not engage in intercourse with Native Americans?
    He's never watched Pocahontas!

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Here is all of AC1 in a nutshell (gameplay)

Ride horse to Acre/Jerusalem/Damascus. Meet with local den. Find Viewpoints. Do ___ of pickpocket/eavesdrop/one other thing. Set up assassination. Fail four ties because of the drunks/mentals/beggars. Say fuck stealth and run in sword held high and kill the guy. Run away.

Repeat for THE NEXT 15 HOURS.
    I preferred the story in 1(only played 1 and 2), but yeah, the gameplay was repetitive.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    My guess is that we may visit Great Britain in this game or in the obvious sequels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    My guess is that we may visit Great Britain in this game or in the obvious sequels.
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Ubisoft said that they were only going to make 3 Assassin's Creeds (Ezio's 3 games count as Assassin's Creed 2).
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    And maybe its just you, without help from other Assassins. Might still be an inventor to make stuff for you, I guess. That would be kinda cool, imo.
    Ben Franklin will be the inventor making weapons and whatnot for you, confirmed by an interview with Ubisoft in gameinformer magazine. And hunting is in the game just not a hunger a system. It's so you can collect hides and stuff to make new gear or sell. But depending on how you kill the animal will determine the quality of the hide. Say there's a bear and you kill it in one shot with an arrow, you'll have a much higher quality hide than say if you ran up to it and slashed it to death sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Ubisoft said that they were only going to make 3 Assassin's Creeds (Ezio's 3 games count as Assassin's Creed 2).
    I'm pretty sure this is the last one.*

5 games out of a franchise is already a bit much and the story needs to end. Brotherhood and Revelations added what a DLC could to the main story and were quite obviously money cows waiting to be milked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Brotherhood and Revelations added what a DLC could to the main story and were quite obviously money cows waiting to be milked.
    I severely disagree with this. Brotherhood and Revelations were excellent Stand Alone titles.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well I meant spin offs like Brotherhood and Revelations, with Conoor having his own spin offs after 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Well I meant spin offs like Brotherhood and Revelations, with Conoor having his own spin offs after 3.
    I don't think that will happen but I wouldn't put it past them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brotherhood and Revelations added what a DLC could to the main story and were quite obviously money cows waiting to be milked.
    Where's the 'dislike' button....
    Revalations was a bit dire true, but Brotherhood was amazing, I prefer it to AC2.

As for 3 being the last that's fair enough I guess, there's only so long they can drag out Desmonds story, but that doesn't mean that they wont make expansions, like Brotherhood for AC3, in fact I'd be very surprised if they didnt. Why would they add a whole new character, and start a whole new story only to finish it in one game?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    I preferred the story in 1(only played 1 and 2), but yeah, the gameplay was repetitive.
    1 has substantially more discovery in the main story as compared to two (though 2's Truth was great) (mainly in the Desmond section from what I recall)
    2 had a better driving narrative, but there were less times where I was surprised or really engaged in finding out WHY something is happening
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

I personally think AC2 was superior to either Brotherhood or Revelations. Brotherhood was good but i didn't like how it felt like a pure extension of AC2 with a few gimmicks - i didn't feel like i was playing a different game. The setting was kinda repetitive, bland, and uninspired considering that we'd seen it all before in AC2. I felt like i was playing a very long DLC. One redeeming feature was the latter stages of the story, which towards the last third of the game actually got really interesting. Revelations was pretty meh all round. Some interesting additions - i loved bombs, but the story was not interesting, as we had no connection to it and it was a bit random - the entire story felt tacked onto the end of AC2 and Brotherhood (at least Brotherhoods story was closely related to AC2s story). Constantinople was a bland and boring city - even more so then Rome. See one bit of Constantinople and you saw it all. Playing as Altair again was fun but did not justify the blandness of the rest of the game, and the lack of some features (such as the puzzle glyphs, and the tombs/lairs equivalent being part of the main story, which i disliked). One of the final killers for me was the lack of Desmond story - while the first person bits were really interesting, too much of the Desmond story was optional, and there was way too little of it. What, 4 scenes with Subject 16, one of the few actually interesting characters since AC2? The lack of scenes with him completely ruined the ending on the island, which would have been good with more setup, explanation, and not such an abrupt ending... And last but not least, i really disliked how they totally changed how Ezio looked. I actually liked the new brushed up graphics and some of the faces were very realistic, but they did more then make Ezio look better - they completely changed his look, with no justification considering he wasn't THAT much older then in Brotherhood. Desmond looked better whilst still looking similar to the other games, Ezio just felt like a different character.

That all said, i hold high hopes for AC3...
    Last edited by Migey; 2012-03-09 at 06:13 PM.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Deleted
    If Ezio's 3 games count as AC2 then the sequel may count as AC3. ^^

Just got this with my pre-order. It's a metal case AMAZING.

EDIT; Added picture of the front and back of the case.

Last edited by Chat; 2012-03-09 at 10:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    so no body here knows why we are in the animus in the first place then?
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    so no body here knows why we are in the animus in the first place then?
    What are you refering to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    What are you refering to?
    i thought we were supposed to be leaving the animus this time. they had been practically advertizing that we would be doing stuff in the real world this time, as if there wasn't much time till a big war happened that desmond was desperately needed for. but instead they go BACK into the animus
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Deleted
    I disagree as well, for several reasons:

1) Brotherhood and Revelations both didn't just append the story with the next chapter, but added new gameplay mechanics and even an entire multiplayer section, rebalanced the game, updated the graphics, and changed the scene to an entirely new area. that's more than most expansion packs do. heck, there are sequels that have done less.
    2) both the brotherhood and revelations folders are larger than the AC2 folder (8 GB compared to 5). and I don't know about you, but I have second thoughts about 8 GB DLC.
    3) brotherhood and revelations both were much longer than what DLC normally adds. for example, the missing link (Deux Ex DLC) adds about 2-3 hours, depending on how you play it. Brotherhood for me added something like 30 hours, and revelations was half that for reasons below.

as for my personal opinion, I really hope that the combat from AC:R won't make a return. If i stab someone in the gut 5 times with each of my hidden blades or double slice their throat, i expect them to die, not to still hang around with 3/4 of their lifebars still remaining. it just needlessly slowed me down, was unrealistic and cost me my life more than once. and i'm glad den defense won't come back. overall, i found that AC:R was just not my idea of fun. the combat felt way too slow, i didn't find the missions that fun or exciting (collecting books? really?), and was it me, or were there no sidequests for other factions?

i hope AC3 brings back brotherhood style combat while bringing the nifty things in from REV like the hookblade/close up kill cam. While keeping the REV multiplayer and not the cluster fuck of brotherhood multiplayer. Having random nobs having no clue how to score and just mindless running at you has always annoyed me, they could fix smokebomb aswell. it's better than it was in brotherhood but not by much.As i understand it this assassin uses tomahawks instead of the hidden blade? if he does that's gonna be sweet