Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    We're talking about the Revolutionary war actually, which was the war for independence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolutionary_war
    Exactly that what I was talking about. Having 0 clue of american history due to schools in Germany just talking about Hitler and WWII. ~.~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muxx View Post
    Dunno if its been mentioned but Ubisoft just released the actual box art https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...98473807_n.jpg
    and he became even more of a badass
    Velen: I think your God may just be one of our Gods and you just don't know it.
    Tyrande: Well, I think our Goddess may have crafted your Gods in her spare time.
    Velen and Tyrande: ....
    Velen: Yeah, well...I'm just gonna go.
    Tyrande: Bye.
    *Velen starts walking toward the portal back to Exodar*
    Velen: Your grandmother was a Troll, by the way.
    Tyrande: SENTINELS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Exactly that what I was talking about. Having 0 clue of american history due to schools in Germany just talking about Hitler and WWII. ~.~
    American Revolution was probably my favorite of any war in history class. True heroes from that war that will be remembered for all time, George Washington, Paul Revere, and many others. Should go watch the patriot, was a pretty good movie based on that war.

I'll put money on the new assassin being one of the leaders of the Militia. Basically if you watch or have seen the patriot you'll get what im getting at.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Even the biggest cities of the Revolutionary War era America sadly looked like crap compared to the beautiful cities of Europe, based on that the setting doesn't seem like a good idea.
    Might have some new gameplay options, I wouldn't judge something before we get to see what the towns actually look like. I'm still excited for it.

AC 3 box art released.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...36920989_n.jpg

I think this may be the best game of the AC series, really wonder how far they are going to involve the assassin's with the revolutionary war.

*has flashbacks to The Patriot*

Think they'll have a Mel Gibson inspired character?

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've been conditioned over the years to read "AC" as Asheron's Call.

Cool cover art though.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Even the biggest cities of the Revolutionary War era America sadly looked like crap compared to the beautiful cities of Europe, based on that the setting doesn't seem like a good idea.
    That's the point. Rome also looked like crap on Brotherhood before we started rebuilding it.

10+ Year Old Account
    my guess, Boston is main city, native american? Boston Tea party. YOOOO he was the bullet that was fired off at the boston massacre or at lexington and concord ALTERNATE HISTORY BONERZ!
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO Assasins Creed is turning into Call of Duty, launching games every year?
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    IMO Assasins Creed is turning into Call of Duty, launching games every year?
    yeah but cod drops in quality every year, so far the games have really been improving from each one

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate guns of any kind in Assassin creeds tbh, it ruins the immersion for me. When i play it i like the sword fights and sneaking around, but getting shot at just turns me off it. If i wanted a sneaking game with a lot of guns i'd play Splinter Cell..

The main thing that got me into the games beside the story is the lack of guns, but with each new one more get added /unhappy face.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Prequel to National Treasure?

anyways, seems kind of strange to have a Native American assassin during the 1700s rather than the 1800s. It would be much more suited for the Civil War I think.

edit: ooh idea. You play as John Wilkes Booth and assassinate Lincoln, since he turns out to be a Templar.

History from a different perspective.

Actually in the spirit of the time period, something to do with assassinating the founding fathers. I'd love to have a 1 on 1 with Washington.
    I doubt they would dare do it with them...

Prolly be more like the Templars frame the assassins into assassinating lincoln

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    I hate guns of any kind in Assassin creeds tbh, it ruins the immersion for me. When i play it i like the sword fights and sneaking around, but getting shot at just turns me off it. If i wanted a sneaking game with a lot of guns i'd play Splinter Cell..

The main thing that got me into the games beside the story is the lack of guns, but with each new one more get added /unhappy face.
    the MP is probally going to still be close combat and it is very possible to still integrate alot of sword combat in these times, but well see

Deleted
    Well it could be somekind of Dances with Wolves kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackspur View Post
    The picture kinda says it all.

Dark Skin, tomahawk, bow and arrows, cow skin boots that look distinctly native american.
    Doesn't say anything at all. Spanish people tend to have darker skin as well you know. His face is covered in shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I'm not sure that setting AC in a time of guns is a great idea.

Should have gone for a feudal Japan setting IMO. Tenchu done right.
    Ezio-era games had guns. Guns were used in early 14th century in Europe.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2012-03-02 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jartin View Post
    There would be an unbelievable uproar from many Americans. Hopefully Ubisoft is wise enough not to touch on the attempted assassination of any president.
    Americans are not so uptight.

PS these assassin creed games are bad imo. i bought one from steam for like $5 and couldnt bring myself to play it for more then 10mins. i dont understand the fascination.

Quote Originally Posted by NeutralGuy View Post

PS these assassin creed games are bad imo. i bought one from steam for like $5 and couldnt bring myself to play it for more then 10mins. i dont understand the fascination.
    Judging a game after 10 minutes, nice.

Anyway, I have to say that while AC1 looked very good for its time, it was very repetitive compared to latter games.

Awesome! For those who don't know, the first page was all speculation of a supposed released box art. And now it's official

Edit: I wonder how some people from Britain will react to one of their soldiers about to be decapitated as the box art >.>
    Last edited by Chaochamp; 2012-03-02 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NeutralGuy View Post

We're not all uptight brah. ^_^

I'm American, and I for one am looking forward to potentially stabbing George Washington in the throat, or anyone else for that matter.