Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Oh my god that's terrible XD
    The only good thing I remember is that all towns were sancutaries, but you were dead the second it said you entered the wild.

---------- Post added 2012-03-01 at 05:41 AM ----------

As for factions in GW2, I really don't think it is realistically possible with the amount of races in game, even if you were to separte them by race, it would just alienate the populace way to much.

I say leave the faction wars to the Alliance and the Horde...
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Diablo II was on battle.net, and if you didn't PW protect your server, people could hop in and straight up kill you, steal your gold, and leave. Even worse were the people who camped your corpse and dared you to come and get it.

And if you died too many times, tere was a limit to howmany corpses could be in the game, so it would remove the oldest one first...
    You had to flag yourself for PvP if I remember correctly. You never once had to deal with PvP if you didn't want to in D2, and all you really lost was whatever gold you had on you and a bit of pride.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    You had to flag yourself for PvP if I remember correctly. You never once had to deal with PvP if you didn't want to in D2, and all you really lost was whatever gold you had on you and a bit of pride.
    Its been a longtime since I pvped in DII, but I'm pretty sure all it was is that the roster warned you that someone unallied you, there nver was a safety switch for pvp.

The list just showed who was there and whether they were there as a friend or not, otherwise it was a ffa without any protection
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2012-03-01 at 06:04 AM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone here remember Shadowbane? Player owned cities pitting against each other in siege warfare? Best fun i've had on a FFA pvp game, I was in an anti-PK guild called "Justice" (yea i know, sounds corny but w/e ) We'd always had a set patrol route protecting lowbies leveling up near busy mob areas and dungeons from some of the most notorious PK guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    Anyone here remember Shadowbane?
    A very advanced game for it's era, conceptually. Still kinda impressive.