Deleted

Void Shifting the Shadow Fiend

...I really hope it works. The shadow fiend is a friendly target, as described in the tooltip. It should also work with shadowy apparitions.

I looked at the last tier of priest talents, and all talents look completely or at least pretty much useless when not in a party, or when the priest is on his own.

That'd be pretty cool, but I can almost guarantee that it won't happen.

Deleted
    It's a 3 min CD, so I see it happening. And the second reason is, that you could not use it, if you play alone. Unusable ultimate ability if playing alone? I don't want to believe that.

The question is, if you can swap health percentages for example with a city boss, then you could assist the opposing faction in killing him really fast. According to the tooltip, city bosses would qualify for this spell. But yeah, here I'm 100% sure that eventually it won't work, maybe if they oversee at the MoP release it will be possible until they fix it.

Void Shift has a limited duration. Probably something like 6 seconds. For all intents and purposes, Void Shift on Shadowfiend is not much more than a 6 sec bubble + 25% self heal. Its not really that OP since shadowfiends are easy to kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Void Shift has a limited duration. Probably something like 6 seconds. For all intents and purposes, Void Shift on Shadowfiend is not much more than a 6 sec bubble + 25% self heal. Its not really that OP since shadowfiends are easy to kill.
    I'm not sure if I understand you... also I don't know where you took the "bubble and duration" part from.

It's a full heal for the Priest. If the Priest ist down to 10% life, he pushes the "Void Shift Shadow Fiend Macro" and is back to 100% life. The Shadow Fiend will be down to 10% after this. The 25% self heal has no effect at all in this case.
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2012-03-01 at 03:39 PM.

This falls under "creative uses of a spell".
    But blizzard is incredibly swift in killing off creative spell usages.
    Just like SW: Deathing yourself out of a polymorph, expect it to be hotnerfed faster than you can say "uncle".

Just being cynical
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account
    Pfft screw that, I want void shift shadowy appariation macro

(Yes I know it won't work)
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Vraie: Point taken. But you have to agree that this would be a cool abuse of a cool spell. And thus this can't happen.

I want to void swap my lightwell.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    This falls under "creative uses of a spell".
    But blizzard is incredibly swift in killing off creative spell usages.
    Just like SW: Deathing yourself out of a polymorph, expect it to be hotnerfed faster than you can say "uncle".

Just being cynical
    You realise that SW: D'ing out of poly's and (with a bit more luck) blinds and scatters still works just fine?

I did not.

If that still works, then I stand corrected. My apologies for derailing the thread.

Not a big PVP,er and stopped trying that after they said it was "fixed" back in TBC.

15+ Year Old Account
    They were going to fix it at the start of Cataclysm by making it so when a target who was poly'd took damage, the damage would instead be delayed for 3 seconds leaving them in the poly - but then mages became able to poly/shatter/shatter/deepfreeze/shatter - and have all the damage show up at the end, and then everyone just died - so the reverted it (probably accidentally though, because mages are still broken).

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    I'm not sure if I understand you... also I don't know where you took the "bubble and duration" part from.

It's a full heal for the Priest. If the Priest ist down to 10% life, he pushes the "Void Shift Shadow Fiend Macro" and is back to 100% life. The Shadow Fiend will be down to 10% after this. The 25% self heal has no effect at all in this case.
    Void Shift
    You swap health percentage with the current friendly target. After this effect ends, you are instantly healed for 25% of your health.

The assumption here is that the first sentence is missing a few words. "You swap health percentage with the current friendly target for 6 sec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Void Shift
    You swap health percentage with the current friendly target. After this effect ends, you are instantly healed for 25% of your health.

The assumption here is that the first sentence is missing a few words. "You swap health percentage with the current friendly target for 6 sec.
    I see what your saying - however, it could be that because the target becomes hostile upon casting Void Shift (and thus stopping MC) it no longer considers them friendly and leaves the health as swapped, but I kind of think it will work as intended and just kill the priest.

I had just assumed that it was implied that VS was meant to target Fiend, seeing as the skill would little more than a tool for trolling in PvP otherwise.

---------- Post added 2012-03-04 at 12:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    I see what your saying - however, it could be that because the target becomes hostile upon casting Void Shift (and thus stopping MC) it no longer considers them friendly and leaves the health as swapped, but I kind of think it will work as intended and just kill the priest.
    this reminds me of when they hotfixed the MC -> Lifegrip -> Scream chain early in Cata. Currently you can't use any spells against your own MC target, you just get an Invalid Target message.

However, you cold coordinate with another priest to MC a target, then use your own VS on said target.
    Last edited by kombucha; 2012-03-04 at 05:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Since I'm a bad priest, I don't have a stopcasting macro for mind control. Instead, I use dispel magic on the mc target to stop the channel. Whether it actually dispells a harmful effect from the enemy, I don't know. However it is still possible to cast on a mc target from within the mc

Since I'm a bad priest, I don't have a stopcasting macro for mind control. Instead, I use dispel magic on the mc target to stop the channel. Whether it actually dispells a harmful effect from the enemy, I don't know. However it is still possible to cast on a mc target from within the mc
    do you know if it's a self-dispel? Also, why don't you just press esc? Haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Deleted
    Void Shift

My assumption is a different one. Trying to explain it:

Void Shift is probably designed to be a "Oh Shit Button", it lets you escape a situation where you or your partner would otherwise face death in 1-2 sec. For example in arena, where you see your partner dropping below 20% life, you void shift him and hes fine. If this spell had a duration of 6 sec, it would be useless... you couldn't save him. It would be only another slow heal over time. I doubt that this is the intention of the spell.

Regarding the wording "After this effec ends..." I'm pretty confident that this was chosen to make clear, that you are healed those 25% after health percentages are swapped. If you are at full health and your partner is low, and you void shift him, and you would be heald before "the effect ends", those 25% would be completely useless and wasted. So FIRST instant health percentage swap, THEN +25% health for the priest.

Just my opinion, but somehow I'm confident that it will be this way.