Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    Giants: Citizen Kabuto
    Thank you so much ! I've been trying for literally YEARS to remember the name of this game. Awesome stuff.

Giants: Citizen Kabuto

Freespace 2: Collossus

10+ Year Old Account
    Playstation
    Legend of Dragoon Was great far from well known though.
    Parasite Eve One of my favorite games of all times.

Playstation 2
    Shadow of the Colossus was one of the best and games ever made not enough publicity taken.

Mega Drive
    Shining Force II just great

SNES
    Chrono Trigger pure awesomeness although i think it was quite popular though
    Aladdin Great Platform

I don't 'get' Shadow of the Colossus. Ride your horse to colossus. Climb colossus, find weak point, stab. Repeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    The scenery and the atmosphere on this game was ahead of its time, to me it's more a piece of art than a video game.

And the achievement of the game is exactly what you said, making a game epic with no enemies but only a horse a guy riding, vast emptiness and desert and 16 colossal bosses.

Also the sense of solitude in such a degree was phenomenal never thought i will get this from a game.

IGN's quote pretty much says everything
    "In this, Shadow excels more so than possibly any title in the history of gaming. No game has done so much with so little"
    Last edited by Keosen; 2012-03-02 at 08:19 AM.

Deleted
    Giants: Citizen Kabuto, no doubt.

Deleted
    Dino crisis

Deleted
    Used to love playing the original Rollcage (Stage?) split screen with my sis.

10+ Year Old Account

Nintendo Power called it the most beautiful game ever released for the Gamecube, and I'll bet between 0 and 1 of you have actually heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post

Nintendo Power called it the most beautiful game ever released for the Gamecube, and I'll bet between 0 and 1 of you have actually heard of it.
    I've heard of it, and I know it's battle system involved cards, take that!

I wish I had the game. The system seemed very intriguing, and the GC was very lacking in decent RPGs.

I actually only heard about this a little bit ago, but back in 2004, there were plans to make a Ghosts n' Goblins MMO, using similar weapons, and that traditional soul crushing difficulty.

As far as I know however, the plans were dropped

The first ever pc game i got was a 3 pack which included hyper blade, time commando and mechwarrior 2 which all came out during windows 95. I loved them so much growing up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I actually only heard about this a little bit ago, but back in 2004, there were plans to make a Ghosts n' Goblins MMO, using similar weapons, and that traditional soul crushing difficulty.

As far as I know however, the plans were dropped
    SNK was also planning to make a MMO based on their Metal Slug series called Metal Slug Zero but from what I can tell it never got finished. I have seen a Metal Slug MMO in Korea however but it looks to be more of a top down action game rather then the traditional style Zero seemed to be based on.

Also to throw out a few more: Magic Pengal on PS2, the MDK series, more modern but the game WET as well as 3D Dot Game Heroes and probably in a few years Catherine will be a forgotten game, Lost Eden on PC and 3DO, Balloon Kid on Game Boy which was the sequel to Balloon Fight on the NES, Yoshi's Safari which was an on-rails Mario FPS on the SNES that used the Super Scope, the third Zelda CD-i game called Zelda's Adventure which played like the traditional top down games and features live action characters as well as the two Zelda Game&Watch games and even more obscure The Stone Tablets of Antiquity which was a Zelda game only featured in Japan on the Sateliteview service, Speaking of Satellaview there was also Radical Dreamers which was a text adventure spin off/side game to Chrono Trigger, the survival simulator game Cubivore on GCN as well as Chibirobo on the same system, Koala Lumpar: Journey to the Edge which was a animated click and point adventure game on PC as well as the more well known Toonstruck also on PC. The Worlds of Ultima series which was a spin off duo of RPGs set in a African setting and a Victorian era martian setting, the sort of anime parody fighter Evil Zone on PS1, the sequel to NiGHTs into Dreams on the Wii, Evolution 1&2 on Dreamcast and then the remake of the two on GameCube, the RPG Okage: Shadow King on PS2(got a heavy Mother series vibe from it), Kunckle's Chaotix and Tempo on the 32X, pretty much every game ever made for the NeoGeo Pocket Color, the fighter Waku Waku 7, the RPG Vay on the Sega CD, the e-Reader and all its card based games, almost if not the enitre Ys series and for that matter any game made by Falcom, PoPoLoCrois on the PSP which was a condensed remake of a series of RPGs on the PS1 in Japan, a large portion of the TurboGrafx's library including the Bonk series and the Far East of Eden series, the RPG Great Greed on the Game Boy, Sanitarium on PC, Monkey Magic on PS1, the entire Klonoa series, lots of great beat em ups made by Capcom and Konami like Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Battle Circuit, Violent Storm and Metaphorical Force, Crystalis on the NES and its not as good remake for the Game Boy Color, the Kirby-esque Trip World on Game Boy, the Power Instinct fighting series, MegaMan & Bass, The Horde on Saturn and PC(and I think 3DO), the Gex series, the KuruKuru Kurin series, two turn based RPGs on PS1: Shadow Madness and Guardian's Crusade, Atari's best game ever: Major Havok, WTF and Hot Pixel on PSP which were both WarioWare style game collections, Whacked and Raze's Hell on the original X-Box and I will throw this last one out just for somewhat of obscurity's sake: Metroid Prime: First Hunt which came with the original release of the first model DS(also Metroid Prime Pinball on DS and Mario Pinball Land on GBA).

As for games that never got released I remember eagerly looking forward to Sonic X-Tream on the Saturn, with the return of classic Sonic in Sonic Generations and the 3D capabilities of the 3DS I think this game would easily be able to make a come back.

I also cant honestly say that any of the games I have seen listed here have been forgotten for me at least, 98% of them I either own or have at bare minimum played. Probably the most obscure one I saw anyone list was A Fork in the Tale. Only ones I don't recall ever playing would be like flash games.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2012-03-02 at 09:35 AM.

Deleted
    Ground control.

Dark Savior on the Sega Saturn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post

I played that game a bunch, but i never finished it because the battle system got on my nerve somewhere during the game.

Other forgotten games, through maybe not on a blizzard forum:

Lost Vikings. That game was AWESOME, and yet nobody seems to know about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

and Shadow Hearts: Covenant! the greatest game NO ONE HAS EVER PLAYED. it was in my eyes close to a perfect game, but I only know like... 3 people that played it of course they all agree with me
    Yeeeees! I never ever understood why noone seemed to play the game, it's incredible in every way and i go totally fanboy whenever i see anyone else mention it lol

Also agree with Kessen, 1 + 2 were amazing and very unique, they felt like more tactical versions of dynasty warriors, 3 on the other hand i wasn't so keen on, it seemed to change most of the things i enjoyed about the game.

My own would be Warlords Battlecry, i still play 3 to this day!

Sigh and Gotcha Force on the gamecube, i've suddenly been hit by a wave of nostalgia remembering my favourite games
    Last edited by mmocc9870c0cb0; 2012-03-02 at 09:19 AM.

Deleted
    Bringing the RGP's to video games: Pool of Radiance, Bard's Tale and ofc the legendary Might & Magic series. I loved them all.
    And let's not forget the Ultima series.

15+ Year Old Account
    Starsiege....

"I am smiling. I am perky. I am the girl scout on your front porch offering cookies for money.
    I am your biscuit prostitute. I hope our transaction is savory."

Wizardry - 3D dungeon delve
    Elite - 3D space game
    For the Commodore 64

---------- Post added 2012-03-02 at 01:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Magister View Post
    Bringing the RGP's to video games: Pool of Radiance, Bard's Tale and ofc the legendary Might & Magic series. I loved them all.
    And let's not forget the Ultima series.
    I loved Bards Tale I and II