Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Ive been morphing my character for 4-5 years ever since the editting/additional MPQ files being added to the data folder. I think it's a bannable offence but if you're just morphing your characters looks I can't see them being up in arms about it.

Though I know people have been caught and banned for morphing the appearance of the WSG flag/etc... to ragnaros or a large display so theit's easier to find - they have been banned because that affects the actual game. The way your character looks/casts doesnt.

Blizzard has known about it for a while. And i watch a lot of popular streamers use it. Then again Everdox (evermorphs creator) has changed the program a lot since it first came out. He got rid of all the actual bots and shit and it's now just used for morphing yourself/mount/spells. Which in my opinion is purely aesthetic.

From Everdox on ownedcore.
    "former features such as map reloading, game object moving/morphing and target player morphing/scale changing etc have been left out for the simple fact that they facilitate cheating. I got a little carried away when designing those and should not have added them in the first place ;p

evermorph was designed not to give you an unfair advantage in any aspect of the game under any condition. Instead it was designed so that you can enjoy your playtime to the fullest. This does not mean you cannot be banned, and you use this tool at your own risk."

you take a chance, it's up to you how much your account is worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bannable.
    No matter how much the develop plaster "hard/impossible to detect" there is always that chance Blizzard will find out. It's better to not take the risk at all.
    Out of curiosity what were you planning on morphing?

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Actually, I'm pretty sure warden would catch it as it changes mpq files around. It's just a matter of whether or not the GM considers it bad enough to slap you on the wrist for it. Did some sniffing around on these kinds of programs back when I was farming eggs for netherwing. Wanted to have them be ginormous trees instead of tiny little eggs...
    U see this is the problem right here, if u change the way items look and make them HUGE to exploit the actual requirement to search for the eggs means ur cheating
    but if u just change ur race, without altering sizes etc that shouldnt be harmful.
    "Next-Gen" is only a marketing label and not an actual advancement in the Graphics side of games, so quit fooling yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandapuncher View Post
    Pretty sure only you can see what is changed. I didn't use something similar it to get green fire back in TBC, for my own enjoyment. and to point out how frikkin easy it would be to make green fire.
    I didn't say anything about everyone else would see it... You can only see the thing you evermorph.
    I've used it myself but cba using that as a druid, it just fack up my forms

Deleted
    All evermorph allows you to do is change your race, armour appearance and your mount/spell visual ON YOUR SCREEN. It cannot change anything else, nor does it edit the MPQ files like someone else said - It is injected and changes the reroutes display IDs of your current character into one of your choice. And if they ever did decide to ban you for using this for whatever reason, it would only be 3 days before you can get back again - they might just ignore it altogether if you have the annual pass.

Here's the thing. No matter what others are telling you, it is an external program that alters the way WoW behaves. Whether people have gotten away with it for a week or 5 years doesn't mean a thing. According to the ToU it is a violation of the agreement and Blizzard can suspend/ban you for it.

If you choose to use it, be aware that what you're doing, even if it's something like changing your character's race, can result in you losing your account. If you think that's an acceptable risk, then go for it.

Deleted
    I have been using wow patcher model edits since 2006 and evermorph.
    Yes it's detectable and bannable.
    Question is, will you get perma banned/3 day ban or warned? Or nothing?

I've never been banned/warned for using it.

Even the authors state that using it is a risk.
    They state that they go to various lengths to try and hide it from being detected, and offer no certainty that it will not be.

Therefore it is entirely at your own risk.
    Yes what it does is against the terms of use.
    Yes blizzard MAY ban you for it.

It is 3rd party software that is modifying the game in a way which is prohibted by the terms of use.
    The mechanism, or the "intended use" is irrelevant.

Any non shady links to dl evermorph from? From what I know the author has been too busy to update it so I'm wondering who fixed it.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Any non shady links to dl evermorph from? From what I know the author has been too busy to update it so I'm wondering who fixed it.
    Can't link that on this site =/

Deleted
    Morphing into Arkama is simply more satisfying than playing a simple human ^^

The program is risky, but i'm pretty sure there are worse things on the "To ban list" than changing your own model.

Definitely is bannable, now, its upto you whether you wanna take that risk or not.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Yes, you could be banned by using this program. Thank Warden for that. Warden will monitor your current processes for anything that matches its "watch list", then send that information to Blizzard, most probably a GM, to check up on. The question is, does Warden have the ability to see what you are changing? Most likely. People have been using MPQ hacks for years to cheat.

There has never been a confirmation I don't think, but I'll bet money that Warden also monitors MPQs as well. But frankly, I think Blizzard will only tag your account for modifying MPQs, a non-actionable offense, then only take action if a complaint is filed against you. There are so many modified MPQs out there, that if they banned everyone that used them, they'd lose at least a million subs, if not more.

But in the end, it all comes down to the discretion of Blizzard. And you know how fickle Blizzard is. Is that something you want to risk your account on?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukon View Post
    I think Blizzard will only tag your account for modifying MPQs, a non-actionable offense, then only take action if a complaint is filed against you.
    Modifying game files is most certainly an actionable offense. It is stated directly in the the EULA {emphasis mine}

Grant of a Limited License to Use the Service
    Subject to your agreement to and continuing compliance with the Blizzard Agreements, you may use the Service solely for your own non-commercial entertainment purposes by accessing it with an authorized, unmodified Game Client. You may not use the Service for any other purpose, or in connection with any other software.

Additional License Limitations.
    The license granted to you in Section 1 is subject to the limitations set forth in Sections 1 and 2 (collectively, the “License Limitations”). Any use of the Service or the Game Client in violation of the License Limitations will be regarded as an infringement of Blizzard’s copyrights in and to the Game. You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:

A. use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the World of Warcraft experience;

D. modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of the Game Client or the Service in any way not expressly authorized by Blizzard;
    And it has also been addressed by blues directly -

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2228415190#9

Orlyia Support Forum Agent

Editing model files is absolutely against our terms.

Please, if you enjoy playing WoW, do not do that

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2228415190#13

Orlyia Support Forum Agent
    Posted by Bralemer
    i talked to a GM that said as long as only you can see it you can do it

Please reference my previous answer, it's not changed.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard Ticket

Me -
    Hello I wanted to ask a question about the program called "Evermorph". I don't use it at the moment but the reason for this ticket is to ask if it is a bannable offense. All I want to use it for is to change my character model into another race. Since I play Horde and I love Alliance character models I want to morph into a gnome or human, etc. So I wanted to know if I got this "Evermorph" program if my account would be a bannable offense if I so did get this. Please respond asap . Thanks much.

Haisripthian
    Customer Service Representative

Hi,
    We do not support that program and will not be offering any support for it. If you are caught using it you account will indeed be reviewed and if cause is found it would likely be locked for exploitive reasons.
    If you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to this ticket. If you have any separate issues that you need help with, please navigate to the Support section of your battle.net account, open a new ticket with us, and we will do our best to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Madkillz View Post
    Blizzard Ticket

Me -
    Hello I wanted to ask a question about the program called "Evermorph". I don't use it at the moment but the reason for this ticket is to ask if it is a bannable offense. All I want to use it for is to change my character model into another race. Since I play Horde and I love Alliance character models I want to morph into a gnome or human, etc. So I wanted to know if I got this "Evermorph" program if my account would be a bannable offense if I so did get this. Please respond asap . Thanks much.

Haisripthian
    Customer Service Representative

Hi,
    We do not support that program and will not be offering any support for it. If you are caught using it you account will indeed be reviewed and if cause is found it would likely be locked for exploitive reasons.
    If you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to this ticket. If you have any separate issues that you need help with, please navigate to the Support section of your battle.net account, open a new ticket with us, and we will do our best to help you.
    Of course that is their official stance, and they will copy paste that response on every similar question.

A better question would be, has anyone ACTUALLY been banned over it?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Changing in-game models? Yes.

Swapping the models of Taurens and Gnomes, for example? Yes.

Deleted
    No you will not get Banned for using tmorph ( the new one).

It might be Illegal, but im using those stuff for about 4 years now, and ALL of my friends are also using it. Nobody got ever banned. we are paying customers and well, you get nothing from using tmorph besides cosmetic affects so blizzard will keep his money^^

If you look on twitch, you often see people using this and blizzard can see them too, but they dont get banned.