Page 1 of 2
LastLast

any female players playing swtor?

i havent met any playing i wonder if there is any out there!

There were 1 or 2 in my previous guild and server, my current guild has at least 1.

But generally speaking MMO's are generally filled with males.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have 2 or 3 women in our guild. They're drama-city as all gamer girls are (from personal experience only).
    If you want to have a stable guild, 1 woman only!

10+ Year Old Account
    There are two women in my guild. And what do you mean you haven't "met any" do you expect people to randomly say in general chat: I AM FEMALE?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of my female coworkers is enjoying the game. But then again, sometimes her son logs on to her account to play, too. So... maybe?

About 1/3 of my guild are women. Zero drama. We're all old friends.

also have a few in my guild and came across some in other guilds I have done opperations with. and no drama ether

I play and am, last I checked anyway, female. I play with the same group of people (RL friends) in all of my games (WoW, RIFT, Dungeon Defenders, and SWtOR) so the whole 'OmgGirl' thing isn't something that's ever come up. We've had other females come in (PuGs or temporary recruits) so I have had the chance to play with other chicks; most of them are nice and the face they have girl parts is a none issue, and then I've met a handful who are very "TeeHee, I hope what I need drops, I'd be soo soo happy if no one rolled against me I won it, TeeHee" at which point I will break my general silence and say "Sorry, you're on my token. Suck it up." or "Sorry, this is a raid of loot whores. Better luck elsewhere."

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are several on my server: The Harbinger

A good portion of my guild is female, and more from our wow days are considering making the swap. My question is, why is it important that you meet females in this game?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Me. I'm female and I've been playing a it some.

Number 1 rule for female players: we don't admit we're female. As soon as I admit I'm female, I often get harassed. I took to playing male characters in SWTOR since I'm less likely to be bothered. No random whispers asking for "cybers" or other random remarks regarding my sex. -.-

But yes, women do play SWTOR. We just may not admit it. Got my entire guild on my female sith warrior thinking I'm male just because that's the gamer stereotype. I often get called "dude". Haven't bothered to correct them since it's not worth the effort. Chances are, there's a lot of women in SWTOR (and WoW) you haven't realized are women just because you either never asked or they have no interest in telling you.

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    Number 1 rule for female players: we don't admit we're female. As soon as I admit I'm female, I often get harassed. I took to playing male characters in SWTOR since I'm less likely to be bothered. No random whispers asking for "cybers" or other random remarks regarding my sex. -.-

But yes, women do play SWTOR. We just may not admit it. Got my entire guild on my female sith warrior thinking I'm male just because that's the gamer stereotype. I often get called "dude". Haven't bothered to correct them since it's not worth the effort. Chances are, there's a lot of women in SWTOR (and WoW) you haven't realized are women just because you either never asked or they have no interest in telling you.
    Hate to say it, but if your guild needs to think you're a male to accept you, you may want to look for a better guild. As I said, my guild has several females, and we have no problems like what you described.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just started playing, but haven't had a ton of time as my guild is still working on HM's in DS. Anyone else a bit ticked that you can't make female toons in SWoTR nearly as chubby as you can with the male toons? One of the things I was looking forward to was getting away from the super model builds in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    My question is, why is it important that you meet females in this game?
    I can only speak for myself, but I for one, after some two decades of different online multiplayer computer games, have gotten used to the idea that every single person I don't know whom I speak to online is a guy, because the likelihood of that happening is quite high.

Why then should it matter, having the knowledge of whether the person is a man or a woman, guy or a girl? Well, I suppose in most situations it wouldn't. There are, however, certain things guys tend to say to guys which aren't quite as appropriate to say to a girl, and certain ways of treating a guy in a conversation that might not be quite as appropriate if the person was female.

I personally don't "meet" anyone in any online situation, as my experience tells me the only thing you're "meeting" is a string of text in the form of a nickname, and your own imaginary picture of that person, thus for me it's just as irrelevant to "meet" females than it is males. Still, it would be nice to know who you're talking to, if you're talking about things other than the game itself.

In a party situation where all the conversation consists of situational dialogue, such as who to heal and what to attack, it doesn't really make any difference whether the person behind the character is a 12-year old girl, a 70-year old man, or a trained monkey. When discussing general stuff on the general chat though, or on forums, it would be nice - in my personal view at least - to know who I'm having the discussion with. Not to be too big of a douche about it, but I'm not really very interested in the opinions of a 12-year old, for example.

I guess it's not as much a question of whether the person is a guy or a girl, and more a question of who that person is and where they're coming from in general.

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post

I for one often call people "dude", just because 999999 times out of a million they are. That, however, is exactly one of the things - albeit a very mild example - why I wouldn't mind knowing who I'm talking to. At least if I knew the person was female, I wouldn't call her a "dude".

Asking people whether they are or not would be pointless. You'd have to do it with every single person you come across. Similarly, I don't see why girls would or should be pointing out they're girls, unless they're trying to use that to their advantage somehow.

As for the gender of the character you're playing... I think almost all of us know that most of the people playing a female character are guys. I play female characters because I'd rather look at a female character than a male one, yet I don't get harassed by horny teenage guys thinking I'm a girl. Back in early WoW times there were few such cases where I had to point out that I'm really actually a guy, but that stopped pretty fast.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-03-01 at 09:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A large amount of women who play online games don't reveal their gender or pretend to be Male.
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela

We have 2 in our guild that raid with us. They raided with us in WoW as well. 0 drama so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    A good portion of my guild is female, and more from our wow days are considering making the swap. My question is, why is it important that you meet females in this game?
    it isnt. i have had women in my guilds from wow and other games. i enjoy their company over most men cause the conversation tends to be more intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    it isnt. i have had women in my guilds from wow and other games. i enjoy their company over most men cause the conversation tends to be more intelligent.
    Or you're looking for something something...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikehuntz View Post
    Or you're looking for something something...
    lol naw. after i got divorced i swore off all that and im a happier person because of it.