Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    We'll just agree to disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    We'll just agree to disagree
    The problem with this is we have an argument backed by factual evidence that the sound quality is higher and price more affordable on stand alone headphones. Yours is based on "I think this sounds good"

Neither of us really care what people buy, but we don't want them buying something based on false information.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masterpiece View Post
    The problem with this is we have an argument backed by factual evidence that the sound quality is higher and price more affordable on stand alone headphones. Yours is based on "I think this sounds good"

Neither of us really care what people buy, but we don't want them buying something based on false information.
    There is no problem, my opinion isn't based on "I think this sounds good". Do I know you?

Sennheiser pc 360 sound quality is really good and believe it or not some people actually prefer a mic like the one on a headset. I don't care if you think/know the Zalman mic and a pair of $100-150 is a better buy because of it's price. Personally I can't stand the clip-on mic and have zero issue paying extra to get something I want.

I'm not spreading false information, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everytime someone asks this question I link this to them. It will be far by better than any Razer / Steelseries toys.
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/195242/the-...microphone-mod

Im a bugger, i abuse my headsets usually going through around 6 or 7 sets a year, so I'm REALLY happy with the durability of my logitech g35 - lasted 7 months so far, great sound quality great microphone and nifty little buttons on the side to control volume and muting etc

Infracted. LMGTFY links are unnecessary and against the rules.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-03-03 at 11:37 AM.

dont get turtle beaches. They are basically the alienware of gaming headsets. Nice looking, flashy, and expensive, but a failure when compared to other brands.

Deleted
    I am using the g35 and am abit dissapointed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    dont get turtle beaches. They are basically the alienware of gaming headsets. Nice looking, flashy, and expensive, but a failure when compared to other brands.
    Using Turtle Beach x12 atm, quiet a good headset for the price i paid (£30), think its normal price is around the £40ish mark. When you compare a cheap unbranded headset to be around 10-15 pound in England, i would say that it's good value, not sure where your getting the "expensive" from.

I throw my headsets around, i'm not spending 100+ quid on a headset for it to be broken in 6 months time, thus this headset is great. Sound quality is good, its durable. My only complaint is it uses 3.5mm jack and a USB to work, not very good on a laptop when you only have 3 USB ports.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2012-03-03 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Using Turtle Beach x12 atm, quiet a good headset for the price i paid (£30), think its normal price is around the £40ish mark. When you compare a cheap unbranded headset to be around 10-15 pound in England, i would say that it's good value, not sure where your getting the "expensive" from.

I throw my headsets around, i'm not spending 100+ quid on a headset for it to be broken in 6 months time, thus this headset is great. Sound quality is good, its durable. My only complaint is it uses 3.5mm jack and a USB to work, not very good on a laptop when you only have 3 USB ports.
    ah. I was talking about 100+ dollar sets. once you get up there, there are a lot of brands that have better sound and durability than turtle beaches of the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post

3.5mm AND a USB? Normally it's one or the other I thought. I had an old Plantronics GameCom 377 where you had the option of using either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soluger View Post
    3.5mm AND a USB? Normally it's one or the other I thought. I had an old Plantronics GameCom 377 where you had the option of using either.
    Yeah its a big stupid, has some boost and volume control on the inline controls. If you don't plug the USB in the sound is inaudible.

Deleted
    Logitech g35, great headset. If you want something a bit cheaper I used the Roccat Kaves for nearly 3 years, and they were amazing.

skip the head set and get a separate mic.
    http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
    +
    http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

cheap, incredibly comfortable, and has removable THICK wire no more frayed bent wire problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the edge of the cliff laughing at the lemmings
    After reading these posts and from personal experience i can tell you hands down for the money the astro a40s are the best most comfortable headset i have E V E R had on my head. the sound is amazing the quality is outstanding and the over all appearance of the headset is quite pleasing. if you can afford them get them NOW!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzkreig View Post
    After reading these posts and from personal experience i can tell you hands down for the money the astro a40s are the best most comfortable headset i have E V E R had on my head. the sound is amazing the quality is outstanding and the over all appearance of the headset is quite pleasing. if you can afford them get them NOW!!!!!!
    Your credibility was destroyed by the format of your post. :S

Infracted. Don't make fun of other peoples spelling or grammar.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-03-04 at 11:44 PM.

Oh nose Fuzzy got the whammer hammer

On topic.. If money is or is not a problem (Forgive me if the budget was mentioned, did not read it all) Here is a cheap, but very very good gaming headset http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001E45XT4/...SIN=B001E45XT4

Quote Originally Posted by blitzkreig View Post
    Astro A40s are the worst headset experience I've had with PC headsets. I sent them back 2 days after I received it. The mic doesn't work with Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card, it incredibly annoying. If you are any serious audiophile, and have a dedicated sound card thats worth a damn Astros will most likely have problem as they include their own voice amps.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayoshi View Post
    Everytime someone asks this question I link this to them. It will be far by better than any Razer / Steelseries toys.
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/195242/the-...microphone-mod
    Love my DT 770 Way better than the gaming crap!