Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Best Reforging Website/Addons

I just recently started playing WoW again and was wondering what the best reforging website or addon does the rogue community currently use. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
    Pick battles big enough to matter, small enough to win.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/

This is our creed and will always be OP

All though the trinkets can be a little weird; Check with us if you wish confirm trinket wise.

Deleted
    When you want to go completely crazy about min-maxing and always have the best possible reforge, you can use this: http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t115053-...reforger_tool/. Granted, you need to know your EP values but that also allows you to use it for other stuff than just your usual PvE spec.

But this is generally not needed and approximate results given by ShadowCraft are more than good enough.

Personally, I get my EP values from ShadowCraft (with approximate reforge), then plug them into reforger to get the best reforge, double check in ShadowCraft that it's indeed a DPS increase and then create a profile in ReforgeSaver in-game to be able to reforge within 10 seconds any time.

While this gives the best results, it's a bit lengthy process and you have to go thru it every time you upgrade an item. So I bother with this only when I actually want to squeeze max out of my spec and/or I know I won't be changing anything any time soon.
    Last edited by mmocd4c3cb2719; 2012-03-02 at 09:29 AM.

I used online sites for a while, but then realized they're a pain to actually use since you still have to do the reforging yourself, which is tedious and possibly error-prone. Luckily, there's an addon called ReforgeLite which I highly recommend that handles the reforging optimization for you and also handles the actual reforging process, and much more quickly than a human could. It has a bunch of default stat weights for you to use, but you can easily modify them if for whatever reason you want something else.

Askmrrobot.com good site, they also have preset weights for Pvp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurien View Post
    Askmrrobot.com good site, they also have preset weights for Pvp
    For a PvE rogue, in comparison to Shadowcraft? To put it friendly: Askmrrobot.com is CRAP.
    PvP wise: no experience on askmrrobots suggestions.
    Last edited by mmoc472bc159da; 2012-03-02 at 10:06 AM.

Deleted
    askrobots = crap . true strory bro.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com is easily the best option for reforging imo

I use reforgenator but you may have to make new value rules, when I downloaded it during Firelands it was still using the early Cata stats weights. It's quick reforging if you end up switching specs often, basically you set the stats values & rules for a spec & when you go to the reforger, you open reforgenator, select which spec you currently have & it'll tell you which pieces to reforge & into what.

Quote Originally Posted by elapadrinar View Post
    Reforgelite
    This addon works very well and can be used for any class/spec pretty efficiently.
    I use it for all my classes bar the Holy Pally as that's cut and dry. Never found a discrepency in my Combat forgings and I check it almost everytime it changes more than few items.
    Midandorie --> Woodzy
    110 DH/Warr/Monk/Sham/Hunter/Lock neglected
    EU - Slightly Salted (6/8H) - Magtheridon

ShadowCraft + Reforgerade is likely the best option.

Personally I use ReforgeSaver but that's more likely due to getting used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramix View Post
    For a PvE rogue, in comparison to Shadowcraft? To put it friendly: Askmrrobot.com is CRAP.
    PvP wise: no experience on askmrrobots suggestions.
    I'm curious. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashvael View Post
    ShadowCraft + Reforgerade is likely the best option.

Personally I use ReforgeSaver but that's more likely due to getting used to it.
    Exactly what I recommend to use as well. You go to Shadowcraft, click Auto-Reforge and then copy and paste the results from the Reforge into the Reforgerade addon in game to be Reforged in seconds.

If you take The Complete Rogue Reforger advice, know that it stopped being updated way back halfway or so through Tier 11. Use the WoWReforge website instead. It uses the same code from the Rogue Reforger, and was what the Author personally recommended to use when he/she stopped updating.
    Azrax, Level 85 Gnome Rogue
    Kárnivool, Level 85 Human Priest
    <Ka Pai> - New Zealand based 25 man, 3 day raiding guild. We strive to provide an attractive, enjoyable, and constructive raid environment. Currently 4/8 Heroic Dragon Soul.

---- Currently Retired from Early Dragon Soul Progression, will be back for Mists!! ----

If you are able to plug in your own stat-weights then it will be as good as it gets.
    The assumptions by various websites as to what your weights are can vary dramatically and that will influence the result.

Every single time I've used reforgelite on any of my characters, whether using its built-in stat weights or one I punch in myself, it always gives me sub-optimal reforges. A couple times the reforges were so poorly optimized I saw ways to improve it just by eyeballing it. Changing the speed sometimes yields better results, but never as good as I get on wowreforge.com

For a rogue, Asvael and Jazza23 gave the best advice; Shadowcraft to get your reforges optimized, reforgerade to do the actual reforging in-game quickly and easily.

Edit: No offense to everyone else that suggested shadowcraft, I just like reforgerade

for some reason shadowcraft doesn't work. type in character name and realm click begin and all i get is a black page

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Reforgelite and I love it. It's easy, you can plug your own weights in and tweek stuff for your character, and comes with its own presets (based off EJ's info) for each class+spec combo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jazza23 View Post
    If you take The Complete Rogue Reforger advice, know that it stopped being updated way back halfway or so through Tier 11. Use the WoWReforge website instead. It uses the same code from the Rogue Reforger, and was what the Author personally recommended to use when he/she stopped updating.
    Nice find.

You are right that reforger is no longer maintained, but it's not really needed as nothing changed about reforging in-game. I tend to be a bit sceptical when it comes to various reforging websites and addons because simply none of them can provide the computing power that is required to search for every possible reforge.

But i tried WoWReforge website and I am glad that it got very updated since the start of Cataclysm. It is indeed heavily inspired by reforger and obviously uses similar approach. And because it's much more user-friendly and provides additinal features (locking certain items), I think it's sufficient replacement even when you don't have the absolute control about how stats are being reforged any more.

So thanks for pointig at out, this will certainly save me some time.

I currently use "Shadowcraft" but I copy the values ​​in "wowreforge" and then exported to "Reforgerade", for some reason "wowreforge" I pulled better numbers with the values ​​of "SC".