10+ Year Old Account

Heroic 10m Ultraxion. Looking for SOAK advices.

Hello guys.

I’m the Raid Leader of a semi-casual 10 man raid (6hrs/week!).

We gonna start our tries on Ultraxion-H 10m tomorrow morning and I totally need some HoT soak advices.

Our Raid Comp: http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

Prot Paladin
    Bearcat Druid
    Holy Paladin
    Resto Shaman
    Ret Paladin
    Combat Rogue
    Survival Hunter
    Arms Warrior
    Destruction Warlock
    Balance Druid

I got 4 easy soakers (2 tanks + rogue + hunter). Need help with another 2.

1st HoT -> Prot Paladin + Rogue
    2nd HoT -> Bearcat Druid + Hunter
    3rd HoT -> ??
    4th HoT -> Prot Paladin + Rogue
    5th HoT -> Bearcat Druid + Hunter
    6th HoT -> ??
    7th HoT -> Prot Paladin + Rogue

Here we go:
    1) Would be viable to use our Holy Paladin (with Hand of Sacrifice from other paladin + Divine Protection.. or just Bubble lolz) and Resto Shaman (with Spirit Link Totem) on 1st one (so the cooldown will be back at the end)?

2) Would Hand of Sacrifice + Shield Wall be enough for the warrior to soak one (thinking about keeping Rallying Cry to the end since we won’t have a second Lust for healers)?

3) Same question for the Balance Druid (Bear Form / Barskin / Hand of Sacrifice) and for our Ret Paladin (Hand of Sacrifice + Divine Protection)

I'm prolly missing some "OMFG HOW COULD U FORGET THAT SPELL" from any class on that comp, thats why I need external help!

Thanks in advance. Every advice will be welcome.

Deleted
    1st HoT -> Prot Paladin + Ret pally Glyphed DP + HoS
    3th HoT -> Rogue + Boomkin + Barkskin + HoS + Divine Guardian and rallying cry should work normally.
    4th HoT -> Prot Paladin + Ret pally glyphed DP + HoS
    6th HoT -> Rogue + Hpally bubble
    7th HoT -> Prot Paladin + Ret pally glyphed DP + HoS

Should work normally. Not the best setup but it should do.
    Last edited by mmocac83bfdb2f; 2012-03-02 at 12:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Lorre for the fast reply.

I think I'll use almost like you said, but changing HPally Bubble with Boomkin (+CDs) from 6th to 3th. This way our raid would benefit a bit more Divine Guardian and Rallying Cry. Oh, and will make the Ret Pally bubble the last one for even less damage.

This way:

3th HoT -> Rogue + Hpally bubble
    6th HoT -> Rogue + Boomkin + Barkskin + HoS + Divine Guardian and rallying cry should work normally.
    7th HoT -> Prot Paladin + Ret pally Bubble

Oh, another question... won't Bearform + Barkskin + HoS + Rallying Cry be enough for the Boomkin to survive?? That way I could tell the Prot Pally to use Divine Guardian everytime he + ret pally r going to soak (1st, 4th, 7th).

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Drugshock; 2012-03-02 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Spelling lolz.

Deleted
    This is how I would do it:

1st Prot Pala + Bear
    2nd Hunter + Rogue
    3rd Warrior + Pala 1 (Bubble)
    4th Prot Pala + Bear
    5th Hunter + Rogue
    6th Boomkin + Pala 2 (Bubble)
    7th Prot Pala + Bear

This is easy to remember for your players.

From my experience with my raid comp:

HoT 1/4/7: Hunter (Deterrence) and rogue (Cloak of Shadows). Sometimes we get a seventh HoT, sometimes we don't, depending on our dps that night. At any rate, the first duo in the rotation is the most likely to see three HoT's, while the other two duos will only ever see two, so we found it best to put our two immunities there (Deterrence/Cloak). If you get a seventh HoT, it's going to come at a time in the fight where the raid damage is becoming un-healable, so having zero damage coming from HoT-7 is a big help.

As a Protection paladin, I'm half of the second duo with a shaman (not the best for taking HoT's, but that's what we have). I pop Ancient Kings, Divine Protection, Ardent Defender, and a macro for Hand of Sacrifice on the shaman so he survives the HoT. With all my cooldowns running, even with Hand of Sacrifice, the HoT takes less than half my health.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drugshock View Post
    Thanks Lorre for the fast reply.

I think I'll use almost like you said, but changing HPally Bubble with Boomkin (+CDs) from 6th to 3th. This way our raid would benefit a bit more Divine Guardian and Rallying Cry. Oh, and will make the Ret Pally bubble the last one for even less damage.

This way:

3th HoT -> Rogue + Hpally bubble
    6th HoT -> Rogue + Boomkin + Barkskin + HoS + Divine Guardian and rallying cry should work normally.
    7th HoT -> Prot Paladin + Ret pally Bubble

Oh, another question... won't Bearform + Barkskin + HoS + Rallying Cry be enough for the Boomkin to survive?? That way I could tell the Prot Pally to use Divine Guardian everytime he + ret pally r going to soak (1st, 4th, 7th).

Any thoughts?
    Boomkins have a 15% dmg reduction passive, I think that would actually be more than going bearform.
    Ret pally doesn't need DG to survive it, glyphed DP + HoS is more than enough. I do it every week with a ret .

Bearform doesn't reduce magical damage taken without talents, so Boomkin form would be better.

300k * .9 (nerf) * .85 (boomkin form) * .8 (barkskin) = 183.6k damage, * .7 (hos) = 128.52k

The destro lock can probably do it with HoS too, with glyphed soul link, shadow ward, and hand of sac/divine guardian
    Last edited by tangedyn; 2012-03-02 at 02:47 PM.

We usually use our Destro lock, and he rolls with the prot pally for sac.. Just have him shadow ward, and soul link transfers the rest
    Then u got rogue-hunter
    then beardruid ret pally(bubble)
    and beardruid hpally (bubble)

As someone else said, it's probly best to have your immunity guys first for the fear of a 7th. So i would go
    1:hunter-rogue
    2: Destro-prot pally
    3:Bear - Hpally
    4:Hunter-rogue
    5: Destro-Protpally
    6:Bear-ret pally
    7:hunter-rogue.

Just my 2 cents. The only ones that will actually take REAL dmg is the prot pally and lock, but it's perfectly healable. You are also only switching one person into the rotation the entire fight, that being the pallys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wose comes to worse you can also use soulstone and shammy self pop.
    We have also done with with a Demo lock popping their shield thing (whatever ability that makes them take less damage) and pally keeping hand of sac on him.

1st HoT -> Prot Paladin + Rogue
    3rd HoT -> Holy Pala + Warrior
    4th HoT -> Prot Paladin + Rogue
    6th HoT -> Ret Pala + Boomkin or Shammy or anyone given they are able to take a brez.
    7th HoT -> Prot Paladin + Rogue

15+ Year Old Account
    Put your prot paladin with someone other than the rogue. The paladin can raid wall, thus allowing some people who would normally be unable to survive suddenly able to soak with them. Rogues take zero damage every time because when you cloak of shadows, the damage counts as landing but they're immune. The same goes for hunters and deterrence, but I'm sure you know that since you've counted them as "Easy choices" for soakers.

Non-prot Pallys can take turns soaking (by using their shield) and just be paired with 1 other person who would normally survive and always be part of that soak rotation., Warlocks can also spec for passive reduction.

Make sure your Destro lock drops his Nether Ward 5s or so before HoT cast (DBM has a warning for this, but it needs to be enabled/configured). It'll proc on the next Instability, and then Nether Protection + Soul Link will soak the rest even without external CDs/mitigation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    Make sure your Destro lock drops his Nether Ward 5s or so before HoT cast (DBM has a warning for this, but it needs to be enabled/configured). It'll proc on the next Instability, and then Nether Protection + Soul Link will soak the rest even without external CDs/mitigation.
    This

Destro warlocks can do it with ease. Hell with the nerf I soaked one when I screwed up with 0 cds and nothing besides the health talents and soul link. Its pretty easy to soak now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangedyn View Post
    Bearform doesn't reduce magical damage taken without talents, so Boomkin form would be better.

300k * .9 (nerf) * .85 (boomkin form) * .8 (barkskin) = 183.6k damage, * .7 (hos) = 128.52k

The destro lock can probably do it with HoS too, with glyphed soul link, shadow ward, and hand of sac/divine guardian
    Bear form increases ur stamina by 26% tho and frenzied regen gives 30% more max hp.

For your #3 and #6 you have a few good options:

The warlock, warrior, shaman, holy paladin, and boomkin can all soak both with either a Divine Guardian fro the prot pally going in, or an external CD (sacrifice, pain sup) going in. Out of these, the warlock and hpally seem to be the best options: the warlock, with nether ward and glyphed soul link can live on his own if he soulburns and eats a healthstone (~190k hp) beforehand, and the hpally can glyph DP and get an external CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, thanks every1 for the fast and nice information. Going to try a lot of those (or hopefully 1 shot it!) tomorrow.

Peace every1

Deleted
    Just make sure that the warrior has glyphed improved Shield Wall otherwise he'll die.

unglyphed shieldwall + RC is enough for the warrior

but they can only do it once (5min CD), so give them an early slot and RC will be back up for the last 10% when its needed again

Quote Originally Posted by Thaendra View Post
    Put your prot paladin with someone other than the rogue. The paladin can raid wall, thus allowing some people who would normally be unable to survive suddenly able to soak with them. Rogues take zero damage every time because when you cloak of shadows, the damage counts as landing but they're immune. The same goes for hunters and deterrence, but I'm sure you know that since you've counted them as "Easy choices" for soakers.
    Feinting Hour is better for a rogue so they can cloak immune the Fading Light for more dps.

Deleted
    Prot Paladin
    Bearcat Druid
    Holy Paladin
    Resto Shaman
    Ret Paladin
    Combat Rogue
    Survival Hunter
    Arms Warrior
    Destruction Warlock
    Balance Druid

I got 4 easy soakers (2 tanks + rogue + hunter). Need help with another 2.

1st HoT -> Hunter + Rogue
    2st HoT -> Prot Paladin + Holy Paladin(bubble holy)
    3nd HoT -> Bearcat Druid + Balance Druid (4 set tank, Balance uses Barkskin, easy soak)
    4rd HoT -> Hunter and Rogue
    5th HoT -> Prot Paladin + Ret Paladin(bubble ret)
    6th HoT -> Bearcat Druid + Balance Druid (4 set tank, Balance uses Barkskin, easy soak)
    7th HoT -> Hunter and Rogue

That is without doubt the best combination