Poll: I like these kinds of beers....

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Post What are some of your favorite beers/types?

So the recent Four Loco thread peaked my interest in hearing what other denizens of these forums prefer their beers taste like.The poll will only be in regards to types of beers, but if you want to list specifics, go right ahead, as I will! If you don't like beer, tell us what you do like!

Please keep this civilized, as always!

I personally love me a good quality Porter, however unfortunately I find a good Porter is 1 in a million (exaggeration) as I've tried a number of different ones and the only one I liked was the Founders Porter, whereas the Anchor Porter and Shipwrecked Peninsula Porter seemed kind of flat and lacking in flavor. Beer that is aged in oak barrels from brandy, whiskey, and the like, is also pretty amazing, best beer I've ever tasted was a 2011 Lost Abbey Angel's Share, amazing drink that was! $17 though for a normal-sized bottle, so it was one I hoped would be good. I was pleasantly surprised!

I also like the typical lager, though I think they aren't quite as awesome as the above, same with a stout or draught, like Guinness, who I used to love but ever since I started trying new beers, I have found they're fairly average.

Arrogant Bastard Ale - definitely one not for everyone, as it has a very aggressive taste, however I quite enjoyed it! "Hated by many, loved by few."

No, I don't like any Light/Lite beers, most beers that have commercials other than Guinness and Samuel Adams are garbage to me, to be frank. :P

Would love to get suggestions for some to try, as well!

I realize I'm still not totally versed in every kind of beer, so if there is a kind I should add to the poll, let me know! I will see if I can edit it or have a mod add it, since they're always so nice. :P
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2012-03-02 at 09:10 PM.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    IPA's are my favourites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hooray! A poll that gives me a "none" option! Although I kind of wish cider were on the list. It almost counts.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll add the above 2 since IPAs are definitely a mistake on my part and ciders are found in the beer aisle anyways. ;p
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am also a big fan of the IPA's. Great alcohol content, taste and having a couple of those after work makes all my worries go away LOL. I cant wait to get off work. got a 6 of a mocro local IPA in the fridge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    So the recent Four Loco thread peaked my interest in hearing what other denizens of these forums prefer their beers taste like.The poll will only be in regards to types of beers, but if you want to list specifics, go right ahead, as I will! If you don't like beer, tell us what you do like!

Please keep this civilized, as always!

I personally love me a good quality Porter, however unfortunately I find a good Porter is 1 in a million (exaggeration) as I've tried a number of different ones and the only one I liked was the Founders Porter, whereas the Anchor Porter and Shipwrecked Peninsula Porter seemed kind of flat and lacking in flavor. Beer that is aged in oak barrels from brandy, whiskey, and the like, is also pretty amazing, best beer I've ever tasted was a 2011 Lost Abbey Angel's Share, amazing drink that was! $17 though for a normal-sized bottle, so it was one I hoped would be good. I was pleasantly surprised!

I also like the typical lager, though I think they aren't quite as awesome as the above, same with a stout or draught, like Guinness, who I used to love but ever since I started trying new beers, I have found they're fairly average.

Arrogant Bastard Ale - definitely one not for everyone, as it has a very aggressive taste, however I quite enjoyed it! "Hated by many, loved by few."

No, I don't like any Light/Lite beers, most beers that have commercials other than Guinness and Samuel Adams are garbage to me, to be frank. :P

Would love to get suggestions for some to try, as well!

I realize I'm still not totally versed in every kind of beer, so if there is a kind I should add to the poll, let me know! I will see if I can edit it or have a mod add it, since they're always so nice. :P
    MMM a good oatmeal stout is delicious

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully IPA, Oatmeal stout, and ciders (alcoholic) will be added to le poll soon. :P

I personally have tried a Founders IPA, I think it was, or maybe a different one, but idk, I didn't like it. Perhaps I should try it again, they really seem very well-liked.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, zero votes for "lite"

Fuck lite beer. May as well drink horsepiss. Same taste.

>.>

<.<

>.>

I would assume because I have no idea what horsepiss tastes like.
    Putin khuliyo

I voted for everything, because I just like beer in general...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Heh, zero votes for "lite"

Fuck lite beer. May as well drink horsepiss. Same taste.

>.>

<.<

>.>

I would assume because I have no idea what horsepiss tastes like.
    Damn! You jinxed it!!
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    I voted for everything, because I just like beer in general...
    TBF, I was debating whether or not to put Lite on the list at all. ;p

Since true beer people would not even consider Miller, Bud, or Coors to be actual beer brands, much less "lite" as an actual kind of beer. :P

---------- Post added 2012-03-02 at 04:52 PM ----------

ooo I think I've seen these bottles. In fact I've tried the one with the unicorn by the castle. How much does the one you linked to cost?
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love my real ales - but that term encompasses almost every type of beer imaginable.

Current favourites are Wychwood's Hobgoblin (awesome website), decent hand-pulled Tetley's Bitter and Ossett Brewery's Excelsior.

I do like Bluemoon on a hot summer's day too (with a slice of orange) - but I will pretty much drink any (decent) beer, gotta catch 'em all!

Deleted
    I have absolutely no idea, because we don't label them like that in my country.

And I'm actually quite knowledgeable on the subject in general. I just don't understand these terms used in the UK

I'm a big fan of Hefeweizens.

Paulaner and Franziskaner are two of my favorites.

Here is a nice little article where they had a beer tournament and these two ended up in the finals against each other.

http://www.thebeerfathers.com/hefe-m...r-hefe-weizen/

Really depends on the situation. My go to beer is definitely an IPA.

However, if I've been working for hours upon hours doing physical labor on a hot day... Shit just give me anything cold with alcohol in it.

The one beer (if I'm excluding Light beer here) that I just can't do is Wheat beers. It's nothing against the taste, but rather I always wake up with a hangover. Even if I just have 1-2. Compare that with an IPA and having several more and waking up like any normal day.

Deleted
    I like a bit everything, except lite which hard to find where I live, it's either alcohol or no alcohol, nothing in between. I drink hefeweizen and lagers, like doppelbock and märzen, the most though.

10+ Year Old Account
    for some strange reason i love Dos Equis.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post
    for some strange reason i love Dos Equis.
    I'm betting it's because of the commercials.

10+ Year Old Account
    wiehenstephaner makes the best hefe on planet earth imo