Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Honestly, would you play classic wow again?

I miss vanilla so much. there was so much I loved doing and seeing. This video has me really nostaglic, <snip> I would go out and just wander because there was so many zones I loved seeing. It was all new and amazing to me. Sure each exansion brings something new but it just lost that feeling for me. I keep playing, because being with my guild seeing these new bosses is fun, but I miss that tingly feeling of just being in the game. not forcing myself to get gear, to make myslef do things.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-03-02 at 10:47 PM.

Eh, probably for a few days, for novelty's sake. Then I'd start missing all of the QoL stuff they've changed, dungeon finder... those sorts of things; I'd realize this game's come pretty far. Then I might think, 'Not far enough' and quit again.

I suspect what you miss the most is the sense of wonder and discovery of not just new content, but a new experience in gaming. For a lot of people, WoW was their first MMO experience. We tend to glamorize the good old days of vanilla WoW, but there's a TON of stuff I don't miss one bit about vanilla. If given the option to run on a vanilla content only server, I wouldn't give it a moment's consideration.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it meant the return of respectful players and old time raiding with friends, then yes, I would.

If it meant that I would be stuck with the assholes of today and playing Vanilla WoW, I would have to shoot myself in the foot.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Yeah, I'd probably do it for the fun factor, at least for awhile. The problem with this dream of bring back classic wow is that there's never any new content. Once you finish the content that's there, you run into a brick wall. Classic WoW got a lot of stuff right in terms of design that made it a lot of fun for a lot of people, but it's never going to have new content :\

I think the problem with these kinds of threads is that people get hyped up on the notion that loving classic wow is all about nostalgia or worshiping the past when it's not really. Some people actually prefer the style of gameplay found in Classic WoW and feel the game has gone in the wrong direction. I mean really, you can play on private servers that are locked at patch 1.X and see for yourself. I've tried it and I know I still enjoy the feel of Classic WoW. It's all about opinion and what factors make you as the player enjoy the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    If it meant the return of respectful players and old time raiding with friends, then yes, I would.

If it meant that I would be stuck with the assholes of today and playing Vanilla WoW, I would have to shoot myself in the foot.
    Well, it would, of course so get your gun loaded up.

Nope.

While I loved Vanilla World of Warcraft, it was for one thing, and one thing only: How utterly new, amazing and shockingly brilliant it was to explore and be part of.

Now that that factor of World of Warcraft is gone, and that I know all the areas, it would just be a laggy, glitchty, buggy, and terrible game.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing about Vanilla I miss and would love back is the sense of new-ness that everything had. The good, the bad, the ugly, it was all new.

There are some rough spots, but overall, the game is really polished compared to what it was back then, but we've been playing it for years.

It's just not new anymore, and it never will be again.

Not really. The only thing I liked about the game was the world (plaguelands, org, NE zones) and seeing it for the first time.
    << What I Look like. ^^Shit I say.

i would just to try it, but i doubt it would be as good as wow is now
    게임 은 어렵~~

10+ Year Old Account

Yes because everyone else is a jerk but you. You and your friends alone are so much better than the rest of the "assholes" on the internet. You've never been a jerk to anyone on the internet EVER. Its just "Those other people" that ruin your gaming experience, not you.

no. it was a horrible, grindy, buggy mess. what many of us remember fondly about vanilla is not the mechanics, but the whole new amazing world that we had never expirenced before. thats what we want to experience again.

i would how ever play BC again.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Nope it would still not be the same and it wasn't all green and happy as some seem to remember. Add to the thought processes of many players out there it would be utter hell.
    Now perhaps only those that will truly want to get back into grinds and trying to get a large group of players into a single raid to work together effectively will join the servers; maybe it could be fun.
    "A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my ANGER"

Deleted
    If Blizz offered classic servers I'd resub in a heartbeat. Sadly the only option these days is private servers like the one you linked, which offer instant levels and gold for cash or w/e, although I know there are good ones that don't. I'm sure Blizz will one day open classic and I'll be there to play legitimately

10+ Year Old Account
    No, even if it there were no monthly fees. Same applies to BC and Wotlk.

15+ Year Old Account

My sentiments exactly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Yes because everyone else is a jerk but you. You and your friends alone are so much better than the rest of the "assholes" on the internet. You've never been a jerk to anyone on the internet EVER. Its just "Those other people" that ruin your gaming experience, not you.
    1.) You do not know me, nor have you ever played with me or know how I act
    2.) If you think the "l2play" crowd is actually better than the Vanilla community, then you never played in vanilla, that is something I can be assured of.
    3.)If you really need to try and call me out for stating my opinion, you only make yourself to be the asshole, not me.
    4.)At this point i really have nothing else to say to you, good day.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Things you enjoyed in the past should stay in the past. Like ex-girlfriends or other games. For instance, I whipped my old PS1 and played all the way through Metal Gear Solid. Oh, boy. I had some fond memories of that game, both gameplay wise and story wise. However, I quickly came to resent the broken, clumsy controls and the absolutely retarded storyline. You can appreciate things that are broken in the present because you don't really know any better, but revisiting those things when your standards have changed is an obnoxiously loud wake-up call...
    Look! Words!

Nah I have good memories. I have a feeling that if I replayed those same scenarios they'd be a lot less memorable after the 2nd time around.

I would play on a vanilla only server, I enjoyed the raids back then more than now due to the epic feel of 40 man's. 10 man's still feel like loot farming of scholomance and stratholme days. 25 man's are better but still feel rather lame in that regard. I enjoyed the logistics of 40 man content and I know I am in the minority. It was also nice not having a ridiculous amount of fan sites out there spelling out the best builds for everyone making creating a build an actual choice. Sure rep grinds were lame and having to have resist sets of every type kinda sucked, but world pvp was alive and well due to having to interact in the world rather than sitting in town all day waiting for queues to pop.