Thread: Game QA Jobs

Game QA Jobs

Has anyone ever done a QA job for a game? Is there a legit place I can go and look at job postings other than company site by site? Also are there any you can do at home? I am going to school for programming so want to see if i could get a foot in and also be convenient.

Thank you.

Yes, I've done game QA.

There are SOME places that have QA job postings, mostly you'd be looking at the company's website. I'd recommend Gamasutra, or checking with your local temp agencies to see if any of them contract with game companies.

As far as working from home, while it's certainly possible, it's incredibly uncommon for a variety of reasons. Expect to be working in an office and doing lots and lots of overtime.

Yeah, the only reason I am not ready to move is because the Girlfriend just got a nice promotion so if I could find something at home that would be great. I don't mind the office thing but i know relocation would be a must because I live in a relativity small town. If you don't mind me asking, what was the rate of pay and also why did you live? Are QA's temp positions? I looked at some places and they seem to be temp jobs and I couldn't justify leaving my 40 hours a week for a job that might not hold up in the long run.

Thank you.

---------- Post added 2012-03-03 at 03:51 AM ----------

Thank you for the website recommendation, looks pretty cool.

AFAIK, most Game QA jobs are more or less temp position.. Unless you have extensive QA managing experience.. Then you might get hired as QA lead. The pay is pretty much close to minimum wage for entry level game QA job..

10+ Year Old Account
    Infinity Ward studios surely needs some QA's.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

What's the pay like? Just curious.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Pretty dreadful hourly wages.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Depends on the place. Usually it's pretty low though it's also dependent on the agency that does the hiring.
    As it was mentioned above, most of the time the positions are filled by a temp agency, which takes a cut of what you would be paid hourly as their own revenue stream - the typical practice around where I work.
    Your best bet is to find a recruiter or temp agency in your local area that has focus on this field.