Poll: Is a Student-Teacher love affair OK?

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they love each other what is the problem? I see none... Just another news media trying to get a good headline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran, hiding whoopie cushions under Rhonin's chair.
    "Up to 8,000 texts between teacher and student"?

Hole. Eee. Shit. I'm not sure whether this is love or flat out obsession.

Anyhow, despite the err... strange relationship, I can't LITERALLY see a problem with a relationship between them. She is a consenting adult, despite having relationships in her earlier years (I don't really know enough about law to tell if that makes this situation criminal or not). However weird (and I suppose fucked up) it sounds, it seems legal...
    Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and for thy possession, the ends of the earth. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron. Thou shalt dash them in pieces, like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore ye kings. Be admonished ye judges of the earth. Serve the lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the son lest he be angry, and ye perish in the way, though his wrath be kindled but a little.

15+ Year Old Account
    BTW, In general your poll is trash. You havent defined any boundries at all. Just saying a relationship is either okay or it's not.

Sloppy. Don't vote on this poll imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    So if you had a teacher that looked like this in school wanting your payniss you would have politely declined?

No. I think most guys in High School Fantasized about this regularly. I know I did, probably would have gotten a better grade in Spanish if I had spent more time studying the language rather than fantasizing about the teacher in her leather pants.

Is the story somewhat tragic and creepy? Sure. If he waited to 18 then it's totally legal. Past that really no one's business but the families who are involved.

Edit: She did look amazing in leather pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

If he resigned and is no longer her teacher then it's ok. They're both adults and can do whatever they want.

This reminds me of the Douh Hutchinson - Courtney Stodden thing.

http://www.celebitchy.com/163784/51_...ageant_winner/

In your creepy story of the day news, 51 year-old actor Doug Hutchison, who played the mean jail guard Percy Wetmore in Green Mile, is very pleased to announce his marriage to a “16″ year-old beauty queen. When I first saw this dude’s picture and heard “Green Mile actor,” I thought he played the inmate who killed the little girls that the big healer guy got framed for murdering. (Spoiler, but if you haven’t seen it by now it’s your loss.) Then I realized that I really know this guy as Tooms from X-Files, a murderer shapeshifter who could fit into small places. He also played a murderer in A Time To Kill, and has been in episodes of SVU, Lost and 24.

I understand it is legal but how can you find interest other than sexual interests in that difference of age. People are just sick these days.

So if you had a teacher that looked like this in school wanting your payniss you would have politely declined?

I don't think any HS teacher looks like Kate Beckinsale.
    Last edited by Hedleyazg; 2012-03-03 at 06:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    That is completely and utterly sexist. I cant believe you people are even saying that. What is wrong with you?
    I know it's sexist, and I'm fine with that.

But to try and rationalize it a little bit. A girl student is far more likely to experience emotional distress and/or lifelong psychological problems from this than a boy. A boy is likely to get praise from his friends, and actually gain a lot of confidence from the encounter. A girl on the other hand is more likely to have problems dealing with this later in life.

This is from the perspective of a young male, so maybe I'm biased, but I would experience no 'trauma' or 'emotional distress' from one of my female teachers banging me. Provided she doesn't look like Rosie O Donell . And even then, it's not like I would be forced. Instead of looking at it from some politically correct viewpoint, I am just looking at it from a realistic perspective.

Would you REALLY suffer lifelong emotional distress from banging your female English/Maths teacher twice a month?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    BTW, In general your poll is trash. You havent defined any boundries at all. Just saying a relationship is either okay or it's not.

Sloppy. Don't vote on this poll imo.
    I agree, there isn't an option up there that i wanted, so i voted never okay. Sometimes it is okay, but this is a sticky subject. I would have liked more options.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHollowVeteran View Post
    If they love each other what is the problem? I see none... Just another news media trying to get a good headline.
    It's a problem if it's student-teacher because the teacher could purposely pass the student even if the student doesn't do what is expected of him/her or doesn't put forth any effort. In this case it seemed to be alright though because the teacher resigned as soon as they started to have a relationship... I believe? The age gap I do however have a problem with, seeing as he has a daughter that is 1 year younger then she is. A 20+ age gap for a relationship is a bit high in my opinion. This dude is old enough to be her father.
    Last edited by muto; 2012-03-03 at 06:50 AM.

Deleted
    This man is my hero. To get such a young girl at his age and with his looks.

But seriously, if he just left his kids and wife to fuck an 18-year-old, I think he's an idiot and I feel sorry for his family.
    But maybe there's more. Maybe he had problems with his wife and he really connected to that young girl. We can not know the full situation, so we shouldn't judge.

I'm a male teacher. While certainly not the case for everyone, but I had parent-teacher conferences this evening. When stories like this hit the news, parents become less and less trusting of male teachers. Not that I can completely blame them, but this guy making the news doesn't make it easy. While I'm about as young as they come for a teacher (first year, 23), I have no problem being friendly, laughing and playing with my students. The line he's crossed is one I couldn't even imagine crossing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post

In your creepy story of the day news, 51 year-old actor Doug Hutchison, who played the mean jail guard Percy Wetmore in Green Mile, is very pleased to announce his marriage to a “16″ year-old beauty queen. When I first saw this dude’s picture and heard “Green Mile actor,” I thought he played the inmate who killed the little girls that the big healer guy got framed for murdering. (Spoiler, but if you haven’t seen it by now it’s your loss.) Then I realized that I really know this guy as Tooms from X-Files, a murderer shapeshifter who could fit into small places. He also played a murderer in A Time To Kill, and has been in episodes of SVU, Lost and 24.

I understand it is legal but how can you find interest other than sexual interests in that difference of age. People are just sick these days.
    i dont think its the sexual thing mate, Money talks.. ..and do alot of good/bad stuff mkay?

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as the student is 18 and teacher isn't married and isn't her teacher when they start dating/having sex I don't see anything wrong with it. If he's teaching her or she's under aged it's just creepy. I guess that the girl would obviously have to have a say in it too, since if she genuinely cares for the guy it's their own business.

---------- Post added 2012-03-03 at 06:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post

Finding someone attractive doesn't make you sick, unless they're like a legit child. 16 is far from being a "child" tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minqz View Post
    I'm a male teacher, as young as they come for a teacher (first year, 23), I have no problem being friendly, laughing and playing with my students. The line he's crossed is one I couldn't even imagine crossing.
    Teenage girls are pervs. You'd be surprised if you heard the way girls talk about young male teachers.

The ones at my school flirt hardcore and pretty much act like the teachers are pieces of meat. Us guys don't take it THAT far when we talk about hot female teachers.

If they're both of adult age, no problem with it. The guy scored himself a win. Although, it's headed for a fail most likely. She'll get bored and moved on, meanwhile he's out of a job. :\

BTW - LOL @ the hypocrites who think its only ok if the teacher's a female. Either it's ok both ways, or its not. Otherwise, you've got issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know it's sexist, and I'm fine with that.

But to try and rationalize it a little bit. A girl student is far more likely to experience emotional distress and/or lifelong psychological problems from this than a boy. A boy is likely to get praise from his friends, and actually gain a lot of confidence from the encounter. A girl on the other hand is more likely to have problems dealing with this later in life.

This is from the perspective of a young male, so maybe I'm biased, but I would experience no 'trauma' or 'emotional distress' from one of my female teachers banging me. Provided she doesn't look like Rosie O Donell . And even then, it's not like I would be forced. Instead of looking at it from some politically correct viewpoint, I am just looking at it from a realistic perspective.

Would you REALLY suffer lifelong emotional distress from banging your female English/Maths teacher twice a month?

You can't validate your point by trying to 'rationalize' it with conjecture and vague claims. You say "I would experience no 'trauma' or 'emotional distress' from one of my female teachers banging me." What makes you so different from her? She doesn't seem to be bothered by it now.

If they are happy with this stupid decision then by all means.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I agree, there isn't an option up there that i wanted, so i voted never okay. Sometimes it is okay, but this is a sticky subject. I would have liked more options.
    Hehe. well at least one user is thinking. Sorry I can't save the thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by innovalias View Post
    What makes you so different from her? She doesn't seem to be bothered by it now.
    Has your best mate ever come to you crying:

*Sniffles* *Sniffles* "Ms Greyson touched my leg inappropriately. Just because she has double D's doesn't make it right!"

I didn't think so.

Sorry to break it to you but there are fundamental differences between guys and girls. Call it sexist if you like, but it's the reality.