Poll: Is a Student-Teacher love affair OK?

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    the text message part I don't get though 8000 isn't exactly alot I average 4000 a month to a single person. And that has been consistent for the past 3 years.
    LOL! Can't tell if serious or joking... ?

4000/month
    133/day
    7/waking hour
    = 1 message every 8 minutes for the entire time you are awake.... and you've done this for 3 years?

I... don't.... understand... ?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    You never had the hots for a teacher? I know I did.
    I did, but finding someone attractive and acting on that attraction are two very different things. Especially when that attraction is to someone you hold in a place of authority (such as a teacher). I thought my sophomore English teacher was cute, but I could never see myself having sex with him, much less in a romantic relationship with him, even though I'm not one of his students anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legal as long as nothing happened before she was 18. Disturbing though. She appears very pretty, and he well.. ...yeah. It's not reallyyy the age, I mean.. Hugh Jackman is like 40 isn't he? If he wanted me I'd go for it :P But this teacher hasn't exactly aged well. I wonder what's going through her mind o_O

Quote Originally Posted by khalypso View Post
    Legal as long as nothing happened before she was 18. Disturbing though. She appears very pretty, and he well.. ...yeah. It's not reallyyy the age, I mean.. Hugh Jackman is like 40 isn't he? If he wanted me I'd go for it :P But this teacher hasn't exactly aged well. I wonder what's going through her mind o_O
    Maybe she really loves him.

If a student and a teacher truly love each other, they can wait till after graduation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Why would it be ok if the teacher is female; but not ok if the teacher is male?
    That's complete nonsense.

In my opinion, it's never ok.
    What do you call an older woman who likes younger men? A Cougar.

What do you call an older man who likes younger women? One of two things, I know a few people who would say this is normal, but mostly, this one just is considered creep.

While I agree, neither of these is okay, it seems slightly worse with an Older guy, and younger woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Maybe she really loves him.
    Sorry I just don't see it. Even if he had the greatest personality in the world.. physical appearance is a major aspect to relationships and love. I just don't understand how you can truly love someone (not referring to family love or friend love obviously) if you aren't attracted to them physically in some way. That girl is very pretty and could easily get a good looking guy. I'm 90% sure there must be something mentally wrong with her to want to be with someone like that.

Edit; Also he left his family to be with her. Great personality there. So great.

Leaves the wife and kids for someone that young? She still has so much to learn about life though. Does he realizes she can be so fickle to the point where one day she says "wtf am I doing?" and gets out of dodge? Then what haha? He is risking everything for some 18 year old kid.

Just imagine how awkward it will be for his kids though... I shudder at the though.

I guess its not worse than that Father/ daughter relationship.... where she is pregnant with her dads baby...
    Last edited by Toroc; 2012-03-04 at 06:43 AM.

Nothing wrong with that at all... I don't see the big fuss. Obviously people are going to be skeptical, but older men/women get together with younger women/men every day. I don't see the big deal about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    LOL! Can't tell if serious or joking... ?

4000/month
    133/day
    7/waking hour
    = 1 message every 8 minutes for the entire time you are awake.... and you've done this for 3 years?

I... don't.... understand... ?
    once again, statistics forgets common sense.

texts can come in bursts... I've done 7-10 texts in less than a minute before.
    dictated but not read.

Sorry I just don't see it. Even if he had the greatest personality in the world.. physical appearance is a major aspect to relationships and love. I just don't understand how you can truly love someone (not referring to family love or friend love obviously) if you aren't attracted to them physically in some way. That girl is very pretty and could easily get a good looking guy. I'm 90% sure there must be something mentally wrong with her to want to be with someone like that.

Edit; Also he left his family to be with her. Great personality there. So great.
    How can you truly love someone and not be true friends with them. How can you have relations with someone that might make childern who would be forever connected by the same parents, and have those parents not be family to each other.

10+ Year Old Account

Good point on the edit, but the rest of your post is so shallow. appearance may matter for attraction's sake, but personality/hygiene is much more important.

So many "pretty" girls i've been acquainted to have had some unbelievably disgusting habits/personalities (not all)

For me I prefer someone clean, that's a pleasure to be around rather than a "bombshell" with limited personality.
    dictated but not read.

Because you're not physically attracted to him, she can't be?

I don't find Angelina Jolie attractive. Clearly, all the people in the world who drool over her are wanting to make her into a nice pot of stew for supper.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2012-03-04 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    That is completely and utterly sexist. I cant believe you people are even saying that. What is wrong with you?
    They are young and like older women who would have known...

10+ Year Old Account
    It is never OK for teachers to be with students. It is too much of a grey area for there to be any wiggle room. Even in college. Simple ethics.

This guy is just a creep. Teacher/student or not, what he did is repulsive. Very hard to believe nothing happened in school.

However, should they be 2 consenting adults the fact that they were at one time teacher and student is moot. One sort of relationship at a time.
    I like sandwiches

morally, ethically and culturally not ok...
    legally ok...
    it's there life though let em live it the way they want to
    God and maths? Hmm, the letter to alpha relation would be 7 - 15 - 4. Since it's all one word, it's safe to assume it's multiplication so it'd be 7*15*4=420. So realistically, god is related to cannabis? Perhaps that's what they were expecting you to write.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    Polygraph. Did you commit statutory rape? Bullet.
    If you ask most rapists "Did you rape that girl?" they will answer "no" and the polygraph will say that they are not lying*
    It's like "Do you consider yourself an evil man?" 99% of people will answer "no" and they will not be lying.

*Got this from a study about rape and the different levels of it. Rapists almost never thought that they had raped the girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    Mid-Life crisis.
    He will get over it in a year or so, and realise that he has lost his wife, his family, his reputation, and possibly all chances of gaining a job in the teaching profession ever again.

She however will just get on with her life and have only had a relationship with an older man.
    Mid-life crisis is not about his age, but hers. What he did is what many men would want to do. When the wife is approaching her menopause (end of reproduction cycle for her), the man feels his job is done and needs to find young females to continue spreading his seed. Buying a cool car it's not about feeling young, it's about attracting potential young mates.

Deleted
    It's okay if the teacher is female and hot.

Also if the student is female and really hot.

/bro-five

Teachers are there to teach so they are teaching them how to have sex!!!! Whats the problem!!!! I

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Penis>Morals. Welcome to manhood.
    I wouldn't say this applies to all men. If the decision was made in a matter of months then he couldn't have had a happy marriage or life with his family. If he did have a good family life then it would hopefully been chosen over time which would mean he might have felt feelings when she wasn't legal.

If you don't put your morals infront of sex; then that person is clearly a desperate tool.

As for her; shes old enough to make her own mistakes. But dating a student in the education system isn't a setting a good example to others so he was rightly dismissed.