Poll: Is a Student-Teacher love affair OK?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Sorry to break it to you but the second scenario would never happen like that.
    Sorry to break it to you, but I've seen instances of it happening like that.
    Women can rape men, most men just won't admit to it. Genders exist, but genders should also be treated equally. They aren't equal in all things yet, but they should be.
    Listen to this one; they know what they're talking about. Thankfully, it is slowly becoming less of a taboo for men to admit that they have been rape victims. Well; in the EU, at least. Because this was a huge problem; about half of all rape cases and cases of domestic abuse were never reported because there was such a large social stigma on men being victim to women.
    In fact, the Dutch police now puts out posters with the text: "Older than eighteen? Male? Victim of domestic abuse? Come to us!"

I know a girl who was in the same year as me at school, Who now dates our former Physical Ed teacher. She is about 21 now and he must be 31 or so. So its not a MASSIVE gap really. But it kinda.. worrys be that.. could him and her been "up to somthing" while she was still 15/16 in school? We will never know. She is ofc an adult now so there aint much we can do and if they really are in love then let it happen. If she is over 18~ She is an adult so... its up to her. But if it was proven he was doing things when she was 17 or so then there is an issue as he would of "groomed" her in a way. It is a hard thing to get invold it. They could REALLY be in love and if they are let them live it out it might last 1year, it might last 10 we wont know till it does end.

But... Is it wrong for a teacher and student to date? in ways yes, if the student is still in school it is completely wrong and should be looked into and delt with it the right way, Whos to say the boy or girl didnt try and force it? Always flirting with the teacher and what not. So you cant punish the teacher if he reports it and so on. But also it aint wrong.. If you was 15 when at school and now 20, That person aint your teacher anymore so.. you can date them, they cant completely block you off from them lol.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    It's legal. Not really an issue. Sorry.. but.. Old dude goes for young girl..
    C'mon..
    18->41 is bad if its the guy going for her but if shes a 20 year old big titted blond bimbo going after a dieing 70 year old billionair for his money THATS ok
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    I don't think any HS teacher looks like Kate Beckinsale.
    i would go back to HS anyday if that as the case

What's with the MALE - FEMALE thing? Open sexism much?
    And of course it's ok, as long as both are officially adults.

some more background info. They've been student/teacher and met when she was 14. She is still currently a student, she turned 18 at the beginning of her senior year. Sept(her 18th birthday) to Feb he was still a teacher at her school in a relationship with her before he was forced to resign. He was put on leave in february pending an investigation and signed during that period. Those 8000 text messages were before she was 18.

You'll understand him when you reach his age.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frumper View Post
    Those 8000 text messages were before she was 18.
    Is there any law he can get prosecuted under for doing that?

I mean 8000 text messages between a 17 year old girl and her 41 year old teacher. That is wrong on so many levels. Sex or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Sorry to break it to you, but I've seen instances of it happening like that.
    And I've seen dancing monkeys punching furless polar bears while kissing green lions.

I voted for its ok as long as its done properly as the teacher is stating it did here. Nothing before shes 18, and then he leaves the school so that he is no longer her teacher. Although leaving his wife and kids does seem a bit bad, I wonder if his kids are almost the same age as this girl, I think thats a rather embarassing thing to force on your kids.

I dont understand why some people feel its fine if the teacher is a female, its still the exact same situation whether the teacher is male or female, its a moral thing, and you cant change your morals just because someone is of a different sex, its either right or wrong.

The mother seems crazy, while I totally get that shes worried the guy did something to her daughter before she turned 18, shes going about it in a totally wrong way. If it comes back that everythings fine and legal, all she will have done is thrown mud at his name, and made herself look like an idiot. As well as probably alienate her daughter for the rest of her life. The way shes doing it is stupid and actually probably dispecable, whatever the outcome I really doubt her daughter will be talking to her for a long damn while.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I dont understand why some people feel its fine if the teacher is a female, its still the exact same situation whether the teacher is male or female, its a moral thing, and you cant change your morals just because someone is of a different sex, its either right or wrong.
    IMO, I assume that the reason is because:

When people think of an older man with a younger woman, they think rape. Guy forcing the girl to do it through physical means.

When people think of an older woman with a younger guy, it is less likely that the guy was physically forced.

Just the thoughts that probably come into people's minds when they think about it. Also, as a guy, I can say that the majority of guys that were in my high school wanted an "experience" with a female teacher at some time. Girls in general, from friends I had back then, found it in general creepy if a teacher would think in that direction because their bodies would be violated. This is something taught to girls early on, which is rightly so, because they are mostly at risk.

Girls are taught: Watch out for older men, from a young age.
    Boys are taught: Watch out for older men, from a young age.

Boys are not taught (generally) to watch out for older women.

I agree, morally, a teacher messing around with a student is not something I would advocate. The reason that one is considered "more acceptable" is because of stereotypes that we have in our minds when we think of the different scenarios. Also, guys think back to those days and wish it happened to them with a female teacher, again just the hard reality. Not saying it is right but that is the pretty basic answer, IMO.

It's a bad thing to happen, regardless how the couple justifies it. The teacher holds power over his / her pupils which he / she needs to handle responsibly. If he / she lets a student make advances to him /her and answer to it, he / she failed to do either. Might be rigid or conservative, but it's really wrong and immature from the teacher's side. I don't even want to blame the pupil no matter how hard he / she came onto him / her.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Man, Modesto loves to make national headlines. It makes me despise living in this city even more.