Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    It's published by Warner Bros.
    By that definition; there ain't many indie games around. Most of the titles mentioned above aren't self-published by the developers, but are still widely considered to be indie games. I suppose it's hard to know whether their development was partially funded by the publisher, or whether the publisher was brought in afterwards to aid distribution.
    Last edited by mmoc6031c9b2d0; 2012-03-03 at 09:50 PM.

Terraria really ought to be on there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Where the hell is The Binding of Isaac?!?!?!oneone

http://store.steampowered.com/app/113200/ , I've spent 40+ hours on this *amazing* indie game (and one of the two staff worked on Super Meat Boy), I'm making it a mission to tell people about this game.
    Agreed, binding is easily the greatest indie game of 2011 (ignoring minecraft which may have technically came out last year but had really been out for forever).

Deleted
    Plants vs Zombies
    Terraria
    Heroes of Newerth
    Serious Sam
    BeatHazzard
    Audiosurf
    Bastion

Deleted
    VVVVVV

great gameplay and awesome music!

Limbo is awesome to be honest
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

I've played very few, but minecraft sticks out as REALLY worth my money. I'm a sucker for all the player-generated content. Plus I just love building.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    dungeons of dredmor is pretty awesome.. sometimes infuriating though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana...The_Simulation

Pretty sweet "Indy" game even if it is old as the hills. /sarcasm

The Binding of Isaac is amazing, but it is annoying how there's no save and you have to complete it in one sitting (which takes a shade over an hour if you've unlocked all of the levels).

Dungeons of Dredmor is pretty good as well.

Plants vs. Zombies is amazing.

Atom Zombie Smasher was mentioned by somebody else, but that game really didn't do it for me. Way too RNG based, some of the modifiers (like faster zombie speed) are hellish, and some of the units are far less useful than others.

Eversion is another good free one. It's a sidescrolling platformer you play as a flower who can instantly make the world better or worse (usually worse) at certain places. Some of the later levels get really creepy. There's also Eversion Plus, which is a Steam version of Eversion with better graphics.

Deleted
    Spacechem.