Poll: Favorite Battleground

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I used to hate a few BG's, but after playing SWTOR Warzones, I'm just happy with whatever pops up. Because I know it won't be Huttball.

I do like Twin Peaks very much though.
    Last edited by Thundermoose; 2012-03-03 at 11:37 PM.

I have to say WSG. I used to hate it before the new rule implementations. Now I find it especially fun and I love to run the flag or support the flag carrier. And sometimes it's just fun to set traps for the EFC (Hidden Earthbind totem is fun). Twin Peaks just isn't as enjoyable most of the time. I'm not sure why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    There can be PvP, but there often isn't. People often just race past each other trying to get to the boss before the other team does. And I can't stress enough: vehicles do NOT belong in PvP. It's a ridiculous concept. AV is a notch above SotA and IoC for me just because it has no vehicles (and cause, occasionally, it can be pretty epic.) But the imbalances of the map that favor Alliance so heavily make it hard to enjoy.
    If you have a problem with not enough PvP in your BG, get up to 40 friends with AV Enabler and manufacture your own PvP. And what's wrong with vehicles? Saying that they're a "ridiculous concept" isn't a reason, just an opinion.

I think they're fine in PvP, as it adds an objective and moves people away from the Team Deathmatch PvP they always want. Treat it as a very large shield if you have to.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Warsong Gulch is definately my favourite. Bring at least 4 other guildies and your pretty much sorted for wins all night! Have some nice nostalgic memories of epic battles, or just downright hilarious battles, in there as well so that helps too.

Warsong Gultch / Twin Peaks are definitely my favorite BGs. I much prefer CtF over any other objective, and compound the fact that

- The objective, not to mention it's the "smallest" (ie, 10v10 as opposed to 40v40), means that I have a great chance of impacting the BG hugely.
    - 40 man BGs are bad (IMO). There is little, if any actual PvP going on, and it's just a race to kill a "PvE boss". Rather boring, especially when it's Isle. Vehicle combat is dumb.
    - Strand is okay, but you rarely find a good match. Either the team doesn't coordinate and gets roflstomped, or they do, and you have zero hope of breaking down the gates.
    - AB / Gilneas are okay, but I can't stand the fact that very, very few people actually play defense. And even then, it's usually me versus a rogue who sap --> caps. And then they can simply CC / FoK spam me until reinforcements arive.

So yeah. WSG / TP --> AB / BfG --> Crap.

Deleted
    First AB, second WSG and afk when I get IoC.

Eots, then WSG, then AB, then WSG, everything else sucks.

They are listed in the order of victory chances for the German Horde, btw. (except Alterac, that would probably be somewhere in the middle of those, but it usually takes too long for my taste of a casual round of pvp)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Gilneas is okay, but I can't stand the fact that very, very few people actually play defense.
    I play defense in Gilneas, and I probably shouldn't but I'm usually the only person left at LH when we open the gates. Reason being, as soon as a faction has two bases, the battleground is such that they can just camp and protect them both, granting them the victory. So, the best idea is to have everyone on offense to give you the best chance of capping the opposing faction's base and WW: but that leaves the opening base exposed...

...you get the picture. First team to two bases whilst settled down wins BfG, and that's why I hate it.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Yea,I gotta say Arathi Basin

10+ Year Old Account
    ofc WSG and AB are the top 2 everyone loves a nice classic bg

Quote Originally Posted by Mican17 View Post
    You mean the old brainless mass zerg?
    No he means the old version where you actually HAD to kill the end boss, nothing else was deemed win/loose. There were various NPC's you could collect stuff during the fight for to get them involved for a while and help push it in your favour.

It wasn't uncommon in vanilla for AV battles to rage on for about 5/6 hours a stretch. There were occasions when they lasted till the next day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    There were occasions when they lasted till the next day.
    My old workmate said that every Friday night, he'd get back from work, join an AV until about 11pm, go to bed, wake up at 8am the next morning, join an AV, and get put into the same one. This was during the time when you could only do PvP with people on the opposing faction on your server and you had to run to the instance entrance in order to join the battle. Almost everyone would log off overnight, and as PvP was very slow in those days the mine reinforcements alone kept the battleground going.

Nowadays everyone goes for the 6-minute achievement.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account
    AB for sure, I knew I loved it the day I first stepped into it and realized it was like Battlefield without vehicles, and have to this day. I also have quite fond memories of terrorizing Lumber Mill with a shaman friend of mine.
    AV is also great, but only if you can force a turtle, then it turns into a tense battle for control of the mines, which usually results in Predator-style attempts to split the enemy forces and kill them one by one. Shame there's such a huge emphasis on ending the battle quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    You mean when people actually PVPed for hours to days in "the Field of Strife?" It was an area that lived up to it's name.
    ...so the old brainless mass zerg. You can look back at it fondly, but in reality people fucking hated that shit. It got old, as testified by the amount of complaints both in game and in forums.

I love Twin Peaks so much. 10 vs 10 is so much more fun imo, especially when both teams are good.
    If one of the teams is a baddie however, easy win/loss.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's always AB here, It's fun regardless even if It's a lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    In order from favourite to crappiest:

WSG i just love this small intimate battleground, even after the stupid 'last cap wins if draw' bollocks and the moved graveyards
    AB nice big map with alot of ways to counter your opponents (unless you are undergeared or just have a shit team)
    EotS another big map with interesting gameplay
    AV still fun, but it needs to be brought back to Vanilla level
    TP why add in an updated WSG when WSG is just fine ? 'boggle'
    BfG same as above but this is even worse
    Isle not in any way a replacement to AV like Blizz hoped, take your tanks and cannons and GTFO
    Strand IF I WANTED TO DRIVE A TANK I WOULD PLAY A FUCKING WAR GAME

I also REFUSE to PVP on holiday weekend anymore when it is Isle or Strand, as if i queue for a random i get sent there 90% of the time...

I just leave any bg that isn't AB, WSG, TP, or IOTS.
    Hi Sephurik

AV then AB and EOTS tied. Hate hate hate WSG and Twin Peaks. Isle of Conq is meh
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

IOC WEEKEND

WHERE RANDOM BG = IOC

fuck you blizzard seriously