Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I get sick I drink either Sprite or Ginger Ale and it works like a charm.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My parents always swore by flat ginger ale/sprite to settle your stomach, although I can't remember how well it worked.

I always got told a local orange soda brand, somewhat similar to fanta (but better. Thanks to it, fanta is a nearly dead brand over here) was good for your stomach while you were sick, and even if you were throwing up-sick regardless, it would make your puke not taste that disgusting.

I make home-made ginger ale (lemon+grated ginger+water) or ginger beer (lime+ginger tea made from boiling a small piece ginger in water for 10 min) mixed with unpasteurized honey, that stuff they sell as pop has way too much glucose-fructose and sugar in it, it gives me a headache. You could use carbonated water to make it more pop-like.

In the case of a sick stomach, carbonated drinks are a very good call. You usually should go after something like ginger ale or sparkle water over sprite or 7 up but any are good.

You usually wanna put in some salt and lemon juice as well to ensure you're not decimating your kidneys and also promoting hydration in your body.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15