Page 16 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    Is this game worth buying atm or should I wait? I've been hearing its having some problems but I'd like to play a new Sim City game.
    I can tell you if it's better in 30 hours when I can get to play my copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post
    Maybe by the time they release it in Europe they'll have un-fucked their servers. Here was my experience a few minutes ago:

12) Tells EA and their slaves at Maxis to kindly fuck off and die. Creates whining post on a forum.
    I fucking love you. So, so much right now. Omg <3~

Is it worth it to buy now? Probably not. I would honestly wait a week or so, to see how the problems are fixed up. I would absolutely love to play it now, but I won't be able to get this until around the end of the month. And hopefully by then all the whining and raging will have dissipated by then.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is awesome. I literally spent 11 hours playing this game without realizing it. There is a 16 city area. In this area, most cities can be connected to each other (via rail or water and eventually air).

I have one of my cities at 110k population. My income has stagnated due to the inevitable pile up of cars and vehicles at the regional entrance. I cannot ship my ore out because of it. And I cannot get out ore quickly enough to get the trade port and utilize the rail and water I have. The entire city has great traffic flow. Except the entrance.

I've added street cars, buses and shuttles.

Fuck this game. Already causing me a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    This game is awesome... - ...Fuck this game. Already causing me a headache.
    I'm glad you don't write game reviews :P

Her'es hoping the EU/UK servers can cope with things come Friday. I ordered mine off Amazon, since it was £35 instead of £45 for the same box from EA's website. Crazy. Can't wait to see how my home town and the "town" from Tremors work out. I might even try recreating the one from Edward Scissorhands or try and find a pic of the plans from the 2nd Gremlins film and see if it would have made a nice place to live

is it possible to play this without origin, or is it more always-online EA origin garbage that I'll have to wait for an ...unofficial release to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    is it possible to play this without origin, or is it more always-online EA origin garbage that I'll have to wait for an ...unofficial release to play?
    *complains about anti-piracy measures*
    *pirates game*

ok sir... lets not pretend you have, or ever had, any intention of buying this game, of course your pirating of it will teach EA a valuable lesso... ... oh nope, it really won't

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    *complains about anti-piracy measures*
    *pirates game*

ok sir... lets not pretend you have, or ever had, any intention of buying this game
    I have over $2500 worth of games on my steam library, I'm complaining because origin is a piece of garbage.
    The fact that I have to resort to piracy because their "anti-piracy" is so defective is fucking stupid.

I have over $2500 worth of games on my steam library, I'm complaining because origin is a piece of garbage.
    The fact that I have to resort to piracy because their "anti-piracy" is so defective is fucking stupid.
    Never had any problems with it personally, I find Steam much more odious to deal with myself. I don't go about pirating steam only games because I think my dislike of steam gives me some kind of moral highground though...

I also said "this" game, not "you pirate all your games", but thankyou for the ill-disguised brag about the money you spend on games on the superiour platform of steam...

If you had bothered to read the thread, or any of the huge amounts of information available about the game you would know this. I suspect you already knew it and came in here to bitch about it, and brag about pirating it, disguising it as a query.

0/10
    Last edited by Maelle; 2013-03-06 at 02:38 PM.

So I'll take that as a no, it's not available on a non-spyware non-cancerous format.
    Gotcha.

So I'll take that as a no, it's not available on a non-spyware non-cancerous format.
    Gotcha.
    It does however come with a free tinfoil hat for your PC, to protect you from the Origin cancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    After what I went through with that single-player-online game Diablo III?

No thanks.

Last I checked I could still play offline with Steam and don't recall their servers ever being too busy, for more than a minute or two, even during launches... So, no thank you EA. No thank you Origin.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Is there a place where I can just buy the normal game? Not interested in deluxe or limited edition. Plus the 60 dollar price tag is insane.

limited edition = normal game.
    There is no offline version
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Is there a place where I can just buy the normal game? Not interested in deluxe or limited edition. Plus the 60 dollar price tag is insane.
    Limited Edition has been extended to March 11. After that, I am sure you could find a normal edition. But will still, more than likely, cost the rather stupid $60, even though you don't get all that other stuff those who spent $60 on because they got their copy earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got to play a bunch last night. Its fun. Had a blast. I just feel like the city plots are too small. They need to be about 7 times bigger.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Got to play a bunch last night. Its fun. Had a blast. I just feel like the city plots are too small. They need to be about 7 times bigger.
    Agreed since you run out of space to put things since 80% of your zone is residential. =/

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, hearing the issues with this game, just solidifies why I'll never buy an EA game at launch. They have beyond the worst launch protocols and testing in the history of gaming. It's equivalent to Wal-mart for gaming. mass marketed shovelware.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I know there is a Vanilla product as seen here http://www.game.co.uk/en/sim-city-172941, it's the same price as limited though. As for USA, I have no idea. Sorry

Edit: was aimed at AdrianCC100, forgot to quote.
    Last edited by Zigeuner; 2013-03-06 at 04:42 PM.

Polygon updates their review score from a 9.5 to an 8: http://www.polygon.com/game/simcity-2013/2630

As many worried, today's launch of SimCity has brought a number of server woes and instability with it. Some players are unable to connect to EA's servers to download the game. Others are unable to sign into SimCity's always-online service to start a game. Others are suffering from disconnections while in-game, which often results in lost progress and bizarre glitches. Our own reviewer, Russ Pitts, has suffered disconnected sessions this afternoon that resulted in lost progress, corrupted avenue placement, and twin monster attacks.

After speaking with Russ and Polygon Managing Editor Justin McElroy, we are in agreement that the current state of SimCity merits an update to the game's score on Polygon, per our reviews policy. While not every player is experiencing these problems, members of our staff, other members of the press, and an anecdotally large portion of our readership are having moderate to severe difficulty playing the game. This likely-temporary scenario nonetheless affects our recommendation of SimCity, and we advise caution for the time being before diving headfirst into the game. - Arthur Gies, Polygon Reviews Editor
    Good to know some media outlets care about what they're doing.

Anyways, this seems like it would be an incredible game to play a month from now when they upgrade their servers.