Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    Didn't they say (in the press vids) that 1 IS your auto attack? You press it one time and it will automatically go off until you hit a different key. Heard that in several videos unless I totally understood them all wrong.
    From what I've read/seen it's something you can toggle.
    So you can bash it if you really want to. I kinda feel like keeping it off the autocast for my hammer warrior though.
    Mmm, chain attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    You guys... you don't need to smash one, if you right click one of the action bars it will use that ability automatically.
    Plus 1 is probably your most important ability, as Fencers has gave examples.
    I know, I just prefer to press it manually.
    But anyways, you misunderstand. I know that the ability is important... but the point I was trying to make was that if you just stand there auto-attacking, you aren't going to do anything. Because it's not like WoW where you can just click the enemy and press your hotkey and the ability won't go off until you're within range, but if you expect for that to happen in Guild Wars 2 then you're not going to do much. I'm not trying to say that using your main attack is bad. :P You can button-smash, sure, but if you try to MINDLESSLY button smash then it isn't going to work nearly as well as it does in WoW because the gameplay differs so greatly. That's what I was getting at.

This is a great thing. Adds range control options to battle, stepping out of range of enemy attacks when he attacks and stepping back in for counter attack.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    It's League of Legends type combat, basically. You plan whether you're in range, where they're going to move to dodge etc.

I've decided that GW2 is a MMO version of LoL. And I love that. It means I'll have practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytramp View Post
    It's League of Legends type combat, basically. You plan whether you're in range, where they're going to move to dodge etc.

I've decided that GW2 is a MMO version of LoL. And I love that. It means I'll have practice.
    I thought it was really similar to a 3rd person Diablo 3.

I'm gonna love swiping around for stealthed enemies rather than just waiting for the inevitable stunlock that is the wow rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ara View Post
    I'm gonna love swiping around for stealthed enemies rather than just waiting for the inevitable stunlock that is the wow rogue.
    I cannot tell you how many times I got pissed off because I knew the bastard was right next to me yet I couldn't do anything cause "LOLSTUNLOCK" was the only reaction I could make until he broke stealth...

Really looking forward to unstealthing people via AOE Hammer
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

I thought stealth wasn't broken on damage? Did that change?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Realistically you'd feel lit if you hit someone...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Damage doesn't break stealth but it causes the stealther to appear for a very brief moment and disappearing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Funny, I felt that way about the first Guild Wars. Felt very similar in play, not aesthetic. The way loot dropped, the closed zones and story driven missions w/ minor side questing. Also the lobby outposts lent a great deal to that D2 feel of either going off with Henchmen on your own of grabbing a few friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    It momentarily breaks stealth. Who cares if theyre invisible if you can still hurt their health bar though? That's what its all about anyway!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenBeard View Post
    Damage doesn't break stealth but it causes the stealther to appear for a very brief moment and disappearing again.
    Stealth is broken when the user attacks. As of Gamescom 2011, damaging the stealthed character no longer reveals them.
    Stealth doesn't last a long time anyways, so I sincerely hope that damage won't break it. The dagger off-hand stealth only lasts for 3 seconds, for example. You don't really need to worry about breaking stealth when it lasts for such a short time.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-03-06 at 12:59 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

People who mindlessly spam abilities will be punished? Fine by me!
    Last edited by Borzo; 2012-03-06 at 01:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    The PvE is, but the PvP is indeed more like a MMO version of LoL

Yeah ... exactly what I thought when I first looked into GW2 ... LoL MMORPG style.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

This creates a huge impact on pvp and issues for any movement heavy fight if you have lag of any sort. This will give ranged classes the ability to pretty much los melee in open ground.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    This creates a huge impact on pvp and issues for any movement heavy fight if you have lag of any sort. This will give ranged classes the ability to pretty much los melee in open ground.
    Melee charges in, apply cripple on you and you do what ?

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Melee charges in, apply cripple on you and you do what ?
    Stun or cleanse or KD or KB or invis or heal or dodge or lich form or soak...

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Stun or cleanse or KD or KB or invis or heal or dodge or lich form or soak...
    Well I would blind him and let him have a go at me Regardless I don't see the losing of melee Tyrven is suggesting. Especially if melee dual spec ranged weapon which every one will.