10+ Year Old Account

Viable comps for RBGs.

Looking to start up RBGs in the guild I am in, Need basicly Viable RBG team compostitions.

Also I've never really organized anything before so some tips would be nice, etc. :P thanks in advance. I play a ret, although Holy is an option.
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishpaladin View Post
    Looking to start up RBGs in the guild I am in, Need basicly Viable RBG team compostitions.

Also I've never really organized anything before so some tips would be nice, etc. :P thanks in advance. I play a ret, although Holy is an option.
    1 dps with a tank spec, prefferably a warrior due to the mobility.

3-4 healers depending on map.

Rest ranged.

Deleted
    Holy Pala
    Disc Priest
    Resto Shaman
    Prot Warrior
    Rogue
    Mage
    Shadow Priest
    DK
    Hunter
    Boomkin/warlock

Alot of kills are set up by a Deathgrip into smokebomb in a full kidney. That's why I preffer rogue and DK for setting up kills. Shadow Priest, boomkin and locks are great at multi dotting the opponent team to get a target down in HP for a DG+Bomb. Also they got ok CC. The hunter has a great burst damage and are able to kite around. Also a very good floater.

Prot warriors are my favourite tank due to their insane mobility and defensive cooldowns. They can escape smokebombs easily and are really mobile which helps alot.

Holy palas stacking up their shield on a tank when going defensive is great at preventing damage. Also they got a second trinket(bubble) which can be the factor between a kill or a cap.
    Disc priests are awesome at mana burning and shielding. You should prevent killing the enemies healers as they will spawn with full mana. Rather keep them at 0 mana and take out their DPS one by one.
    Resto druids are so squishy so I would not recommend you to grap one of those. Resto shamans on the other hand got great tools like totems and being able to heal while running.

Hope it helped a little bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baenesur View Post
    snip
    This helped mate thanks alot.

Need even more advice/info.
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Deleted
    Could you specify on what you need more info?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baenesur View Post
    Could you specify on what you need more info?
    Different opinions, and more varied ideas etc 10/10 for your post though

Deleted
    Oh, thought you had questions how to run different maps etc

But yea, some people runs a DoT cleave which is more than annoying. Our healers are completely stressing when matching up against such a cleave.
    Some runs melee cleaves which can kill 2-3 people in globals etc.

I like my own comp, but as you say, all have their own opinions
    Im hoping one who plays a DoT cleave or something else than I do myself will bid in on this one, as I might get some nice ideas aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion the best combo is:

Prot warrior
    Fire mage (insane pve gear)
    Boomkin (insane pve gear)
    Affli lock (a cunning would be useful)
    DK
    rogue
    rogue
    Resto Shaman
    Holy Pala
    Disc Priest
    ~May the goat be with you~

Deleted
    Best comp right now:

FC - Prot warrior who goes arms depending on maps/teams (ferals can be really sick but it's advisable you stay out of it unless you're Russian, it's really hard to make it work).

Healers - paladin/paladin/disc.

DPS - double moonkin/warlock/rogue/DK and a fire mage with a frost offspec, switching depending on maps/teams you're having.

This is the absolute best setup one can run right now - PvE gear makes it even more insane but considering how good the comp is regardless it shouldn't really matter so long as you're good players.

Note: it's arguable whether or not a resto shaman is better than a second holy paladin, I for one think it's pointless, but whatever works. If you want a focused-assault type of team rather than a massive AoE cleave you could run rogue/rogue/mage/mage (both frost) + DK/lock - this is what I usually run, seeing as I know very few good moonkins, but I think the aforementioned is much better against pretty much any team and much easier to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eDGe87 View Post
    Rest ranged.
    Good luck without a rogue to setup kills/sapblindsmokebomb bases.

Prot warrior is a must as FC , not even make a step into high rbgs without one.

Pala + Pala + Disc or Pala + RShammy + Disc as healing setup. Doesnt make much of a change if the players are good.

For dps part, there are several Setup that I use , depending on the people I have online at bg time.

Burst Cleave : Ele shammy + 2x Dks + rogue + frost mage + hunter

DoT Cleave : Boomkin + 2x Warlocks + Dk + rogue + fire mage

Melee Cleve : Ele shammy + rogue + Dk + arms warrior + ret paladin + Frost mage/Shadow priest

The most fun one to play is melee cleave , specially against caster heavy teams , burst cleave needs a good teamwork and instant target changes while dot cleave gives the best flexibility. Both have advantages and disadvantages , but in the end all comes up to player quality. If you got a 10 good pvpers in your group , regardless of your setup , you win.. or lose , but not in a bad way :P

Deleted
    BEST POSSIBLE RBG SETUP:

1 prot warr
    1 holy pally
    1 resto shammy / can be changed to 2nd holy pally
    1 disc priest
    1 affli warlock
    1 boom
    1 sub rogue
    1 frost dk
    1 shadow priest
    1 fire mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the replies all really helpfull.

Warrior/dk or both to get ms and necrotics up on flag carriers.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

If you are just setting up a team, honestly you just need to meet a few criteria and then fill in with what you can get.

1.) You need a rogue. Smokebomb is just that good.
    2.) You need a FC. Warrior is the best by far, I have been asked to go blood to FC a few games and smokebomb and multiple melee just rape me. Starting out though, any of the tanks are fine as long as they know not to outrange healers and that it is ok to be in the middle of the map on flag games a lot.
    3.) 3 Healers with 1 that can switch, try not to double up on disc priests if you can help it and resto druids are aids unless they are really really awesome. I ran into a gilneas group the other day that did a pretty awesome strat. They sent 4 healers to WW, 1 FC at LH and 5 DPS to Mine. The healers at WW just played delay while the 5 dps took mine and then two healers broke off to mine and we were split the rest of the game. Brilliant.
    4.) You need two pet classes. Warlocks, Unholy DK, Hunters. They are flag bitches. This comes into play in AB guarding your start node against sap caps, (warrior works here too) and in Eye guarding the two bases.
    5.) One knockback class. Boomkin, any warlock, ele shaman.

Rest with whatever you can find. So you start out with RBG basic group looking like this:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    If you are just setting up a team, honestly you just need to meet a few criteria and then fill in with what you can get.

1.) You need a rogue. Smokebomb is just that good.
    2.) You need a FC. Warrior is the best by far, I have been asked to go blood to FC a few games and smokebomb and multiple melee just rape me. Starting out though, any of the tanks are fine as long as they know not to outrange healers and that it is ok to be in the middle of the map on flag games a lot.
    3.) 3 Healers with 1 that can switch, try not to double up on disc priests if you can help it and resto druids are aids unless they are really really awesome. I ran into a gilneas group the other day that did a pretty awesome strat. They sent 4 healers to WW, 1 FC at LH and 5 DPS to Mine. The healers at WW just played delay while the 5 dps took mine and then two healers broke off to mine and we were split the rest of the game. Brilliant.
    4.) You need two pet classes. Warlocks, Unholy DK, Hunters. They are flag bitches. This comes into play in AB guarding your start node against sap caps, (warrior works here too) and in Eye guarding the two bases.
    5.) One knockback class. Boomkin, any warlock, ele shaman.

Rest with whatever you can find. So you start out with RBG basic group looking like this:
    another great post, wtb more constructive posts like this one and the some above.