Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    What seem unlogical to some, may seem logical to others.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikazig View Post
    Err about that whole Asura Ranger thing <.<
    I am not saying you shouldn't be one. I am just saying that what I know of Asuras is that it is the profession that makes the least sense for them.

Actually i agree a Asur Ranger is an odd combo which is one of the factors why i decided to make one. I also think a Sylvari Engineer is odd (which i'll be making also <.<). Classes that make the most sense to me would be Norn Warrior Charr Warrior Asura Elementalist Human Thief etc there's quiet a few that would makes sense to me anyways.
    Yep

Charr Mesmer and Elementalist seems akward to me, but for some reason, I think they fit Necromancers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't see the Asura as Warriors or Guardians. They're just way too puny. They obviously make great Engineers. I can't see them as Rangers, either, since Rangers are meant to have a great reverence for nature, and Asura... don't really seem to revere anything but themselves.

Humans... I can honestly see as any of the professions. They're adaptable, after all. They're so adaptable that they don't really have a "most logical" choice.

Norn... I really cannot imagine a Norn Thief. It's hard to imagine a Norn as being graceful and stealthy. A Norn Mesmer is questionable too, since Norn seem like they'd prefer blunt instruments, and a Mesmer is anything but blunt.

Charr... I couldn't imagine Charr as Thief or as Guardian. A Charr Mesmer seems kinda weird, too. Charr just come off as raging beasts most of the time, and their culture is very war-like. So "guarding" another seems counter to their culture... as does being stealthy and tricksy.

Sylvari... I could not see Sylvari as being Engineers, and Sylvari Necromancers just seem weird to me. I understand they have various unique quirks to their culture, but it just seems weird to me for a plant-people to embrace machines or undeath. Sylvari Ranger fits better than any other profession, obviously, and perhaps even Elementalist (wielding the power of the natural elements and whatnot).
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I can't see the Asura as Warriors or Guardians. They're just way too puny. They obviously make great Engineers. I can't see them as Rangers, either, since Rangers are meant to have a great reverence for nature, and Asura... don't really seem to revere anything but themselves.

@bold

How can you say no to this lovely little fellah?

Edit: Watch out for her little cat now, he's mad at yah!

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said, I don't see Asura as revering anything but themselves, and the things they make with their hands. :P
    i.e. golems
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Least likely:
    Asura-Ranger
    Norn-Thief/Engineer

Asura are all about the tech and narcissistic behavior I have trouble viewing Asura as caring about anything but themselves let along all that Melandru encompasses.
    Norn strike me as having a high sense of honor and thievery seems like it wouldn't fit in with the culture, they also are strongly spiritual and connected with nature leading me away from steampunky engineers.

Most Likely:
    Charr-Warrior
    Human-Guardian
    Asura-Engineer
    Norn-Warrior/ranger

Char society is all about strength and the best way to benefit your society through that strength, enough said I think.
    Human society is on the decline and they are fighting tooth and nail to maintain and save their race, as always in dire situations overzealous protectors pop up.
    Asura love to tinker and make wacky tech.
    Norn society like the charr seems to have a large basis on a strength and honor system, but are very connected with nature unlike the charr, they earn respect through the hunt.

But really this is all based off stereo types all the cultures are full of unique and diverse personalities we could find an Asure perhaps that hates he narcissistic snoody society his race has become, and instead enjoys the peaceful solitude of nature over the rustle and bustle of Rata Sum, or a Norn who has forsaken all honor as an outcast and become a common highway bandit.

Also as a side note what's with all the hate on Sylvari Engineers, just because they are plants and the elf like race, doesn't mean they share the same ideology as the elves toward nature and technology. Actually with Sylvari being described as a young naive races thirsting for knowledge I imagine we would get almost as many engineers in the sylvari as the asura.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balfire View Post
    Also as a side note what's with all the hate on Sylvari Engineers, just because they are plants and the elf like race, doesn't mean they share the same ideology as the elves toward nature and technology. Actually with Sylvari being described as a young naive races thirsting for knowledge I imagine we would get almost as many engineers in the sylvari as the asura.
    It wouldn't define it as hate. Merely an opinion, that these plant-like, peaceful beings are one with the nature and seems to me to be very primitive. And therefore can't see them as Engineer - which are the totally opposite. They are born from the big pale tree...... and then set of with a gun in hand....

However I do not say im right.. If some wanna play any of the race/prof combinations listed above, then feel free, since all that matters is personal opinion. If you since you knew the professions and races of GWII, and wanted to play a sylvaari - engineer, then do, there is no stopping you!

Most sense;

Human everything
    Norn everything but Mesmer and Engineer
    Charr everything
    Asura everything but Warrior/Guardian (Can't get over that midget warlord idea)
    Sylvari everything but (Elementalist/Engineer)

Most silly;

Sylvari Engineer.

Best: Asura Engineer
    Odd: Asura everything else.

Note to those who think Sylvari Necromancers are silly.

Before born, Sylvari's slumber 18 years in the giant tree, but during that sleep, they can watch and sense everything that happens in the world. That means they can pay attention to you for 18 long years, to everything what you've been doing, growing up etc. Then after awaking and learning the powers of the Necromancer, that Sylvari knows you from the inside and outside and probably knows more about you, than you might know yourself.

If that doesn't creep you out, what does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Sylvari everything but (Elementalist/Engineer)
    I actually see Sylvari Elementalist as making a lot of sense. A plant-like being wielding the primal forces of nature?

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I actually see Sylvari Elementalist as making a lot of sense. A plant-like being wielding the primal forces of nature?
    A plant burning down a forest.. wait whut? I'M ON FIRE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    A plant burning down a forest.. wait whut? I'M ON FIRE!
    A fire-wielding plant would actually be quite capable of controlling the fire to prevent the forest from burning down.

Also:

15+ Year Old Account
    Sylvari makes a ton of sense if you think about it. They possess an uncommon intellect because of the Dreaming and are very inquisitive. Engineer makes total sense. As for elementalist, forest fires are part of nature. The burn perpetuates new life, without fire there is only stagnation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best combos:
    Humans: Guardians, Rogues, Ranger
    Charr: Engineer, Warrior
    Asura: Necromancer, Elementalist, Mesmer
    Norn: Warrior, Ranger
    Sylvari: Warrior, Ranger, Elementalist

Most insane:
    Human: Mesmer
    Charr: Mesmer, Guardian
    Asura: Warrior, Rogue
    Norn: Necromancer, Mesmer
    Sylvari: Guardian, Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    Best combos:
    Humans: Guardians, Rogues, Ranger
    Charr: Engineer, Warrior
    Asura: Necromancer, Elementalist, Mesmer
    Norn: Warrior, Ranger
    Sylvari: Warrior, Ranger, Elementalist

Most insane:
    Human: Mesmer
    Charr: Mesmer, Guardian
    Asura: Warrior, Rogue
    Norn: Necromancer, Mesmer
    Sylvari: Guardian, Engineer
    wondering how you think human mesmer is insane
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    wondering how you think human mesmer is insane
    And I wonder how a Human Rogue even can make make sense in GW2? There's no rogues, only thiefs!

- I'm just kidding, no flaming now :P

But my least liked combo is Sylvari Engineer, just don't like how a plant uses technology :S
    My most liked combo is probably Human Warrior because it's just a classic... I won't play it myself though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Sylvari makes a ton of sense if you think about it. They possess an uncommon intellect because of the Dreaming and are very inquisitive. Engineer makes total sense. As for elementalist, forest fires are part of nature. The burn perpetuates new life, without fire there is only stagnation.
    Plus plants are actually very hard to actually burn if they have had water recently, forest fires are usually if there hasn't been a lot of rainfall, and since Sylvari can walk to go get a drink it isn't a problem. I mean you could still burn a plant that has had a lot of water it just takes longer.