Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicc View Post
    I made the calculations without Euphoria but I mentioned it already in my earlier #146 post that Euphoria decreases its potential, even though it may still increase total dps but makes Fae Empowerment half useless if proc happens. Not just Euphoria but Shooting Star proc can do the same. You can avoid using it up, but again that might be a dps decrease since Surge deals about 2 times more damage than Wrath for example and worth using is as fast as possible to make room for next proc.

Btw I did it again from scratch and already posted in another thread (Moonkin Love!! or something like that). The result with new number seems to be like this:
    Using FF then using up 3 charge then Eclipse proc then using up the other 3 charge will result in 9-10% dps increase on the given sequence compared to the same but without FF. Using it for only 3 charges would result in a 0-1% dps increase.

So the new numbers make it less punishing. You get no damage decrease if used "not so perfectly" / "not so close to 100% potential". Also grants more up if used well. Will be less than 10% in total ofc, but even in the current form it is something that worth using while not a MUST and makes rotation much more interesting.
    I spent some time on the target dummies testing FE . I tried to use it at 45+ Lunar or 20+ Solar Energy. Resetet Fight after 10 complete cycles and repeated it 5 times. Then I did the same simply without using FE at all. I didnt use any CD's because I just wanted to test FE.

In Average I dealt 43722 DPS with FE and 47612 DPS without. ( Level 90 )

I have no idea how I could have used it better. But Euphoria / Shooting Stars(which is bugged atm, wrong %) / (moving in Encounters) make it kinda hard.

I noticed that too. It's a lot more usefull in rotational use in theory than actually trying to do that in practice, especially if you also have DTR.

Deleted
    Well, numbers aim for perfect in theory, so it will be obviously less good in practice (latency, monitor refresh rate, brain speed, etc). I hoped it is not that bad, but with bugged spells no wonder. You are doing it fine. But who knows if it really does what is written on it. Maybe the tooltip says 20% damage increase but still does nothing. Could you test it if you can actually cast bigger SF/W with it? Not full rotation but just test it with a single spell if it works as it supposed to. Also pls try it with and without Eclipse so we can calculate if they stack additively or multiplicatively. Multi should be how it does, but if its Blizzard, any kind of bug can happen.

is anyone else a little disappointed with no dps glyphs. even the utility glyphs for balance druids are horrible as well

No, i'm not disappointed. We knew that before we even knew the new glyphs.

Nobody is getting straight DPS glyphs anymore.

Deleted
    Dps glyphs were crap. They did nothing. Passive 10% dmg on wrath, etc. How is that interesting? They new glyphs are not horrible at all. Moonbeast, Fae, Stampending, Barkskin. These are very good.

Deleted
    Actually, if you look at other classes/specs, moonkin glyphs are indeed terrible.

The stampeding roar (40 yard range!) is amazing in raid, and you can also cast it in boomkin! Then of course 100% health rebirth is needed, but it's still nice to have.

I like the glyphs so much it's hard to play on live, quality of life glyphs are very nice in my opinion. Our dps isn't going to be balanced around dps glyphs that don't exist so I don't see the issue in not giving us any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Does Dream of Cenarius damage increase apply on to Starfall?

Quote Originally Posted by McWire View Post
    Shooting Stars seems to be bugged. I just dotted all target dummies several times and got only 1-3 proccs, which should be very unlikely on 11 x 7 ticks .

@ Sicc : Did you calculate Euphoria into your Fae Empowerment Calculation ? Sometimes I simply hit Eclipse because of Euphoria and waste one of the stacks.
    Shooting stars is 50% on DoT crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boomkinhero View Post
    Shooting stars is 50% on DoT crit.
    It procs like crazy atm. On beta in 410 gear at lvl 85 single target, starsurge was my 2nd highest damage spell only slightly behind starfire on recount.

Deleted
    Shooting stars is 50% on DoT crit. <<<< this is a fact

Quote Originally Posted by Davoo2080 View Post
    It procs like crazy atm. On beta in 410 gear at lvl 85 single target, starsurge was my 2nd highest damage spell only slightly behind starfire on recount.
    ^^^^ this is beta and probably bugged. With 20% crit, you would have 10% chance to proc it at every tick. Not bad, but only a little bit better than 4% in IS and 4% on MF simultaneously (on live).

Deleted
    Hey Sicc,

readed the last two pages about that new FE and in my opinion the spell just need to be reworked or totally changed to be a good choice to cast for every player. I don´t like theory crafting and perfect rotation and I don´t want to do this in future either, without my dps is equal to players in top guilds and thats fine ( without cheating ). But with all this coefficients there would be just a handfull of owlkings handling this new spell with a dps gain...probaly only under the influence of cocaine or many much coffee

So I beg you to write that feedback, that you gave here, in the official wow forum

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kachino View Post
    Hey Sicc,

readed the last two pages about that new FE and in my opinion the spell just need to be reworked or totally changed to be a good choice to cast for every player. I don´t like theory crafting and perfect rotation and I don´t want to do this in future either, without my dps is equal to players in top guilds and thats fine ( without cheating ). But with all this coefficients there would be just a handfull of owlkings handling this new spell with a dps gain...probaly only under the influence of cocaine or many much coffee

So I beg you to write that feedback, that you gave here, in the official wow forum
    My account is frozen currently and can't write in the official wow forums.

The spell is not that hard to use. It's just hard to math out the numbers without being able to try it. But after figuring out how it works, you only have to push Faerie Fire 2 times in a full Eclipse cycle in the right time. Not hard to master, even if it is not perfect since it is sensitive to rng of Shooting Stars and Euphoria, you will not lose damage if use it correctly. Good to have a trick or too in addition to the base rotation. It lets better players have an extra tool they can show off with compared to the beginners.

Thats the exact reason why FE was created

Deleted
    we will see..who wants to fly higher, can not land gently there are not only rnd coeffiencts in the rotation, there will be some (rnd) in each bossfight too
    Last edited by mmoc1dc4a04929; 2012-07-07 at 07:21 PM.

Thats why you never land.

Deleted
    seems like you didn´t really understand my claim but ok btt now. Isn´t the game created for everyone? Are there other classes with a similar mechanic under such rnd conditions?!

seems like you didn´t really understand my claim but ok btt now. Isn´t the game created for everyone? Are there other classes with a similar mechanic under such rnd conditions?!
    i've got no clue about other classes in mop but indeed the game is created for everyone and thats why the mechanic is there.

Deleted
    I haven't bothered to level to 90 on beta, but can anyone who has done the raid testing comment on how boomkin dps is compared to other spec. Know it's not final at all and there will be many changes, but its nice to get an idea.