Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    The idea of FE is to add depth to the spec and make it harder, not to give another passive bonus (which it has kind of become though).
    The "when and if" for using FF is the depth part. The buffs themselves are passive damage and I've never heard another spec that has to decide to remove a passive buff in order to not get screwed over (besides 4.2 Lunar Shower before the fix)

Deleted
    It should increase energy generation while not Eclipsed. Problem solved. Clicking off a "buff" is not what I call depth in game style.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    I've never heard another spec that has to decide to remove a passive buff in order to not get screwed over
    recklessness, Divine Protection, iceblock? But yeah, what sicc said, they should just make the energy gain out of eclipse only.

Quote Originally Posted by Davoo2080 View Post
    recklessness, Divine Protection, iceblock? But yeah, what sicc said, they should just make the energy gain out of eclipse only.
    In what universe are warriors, paladins and mages forced to /cancelaura those buffs? What does the game care if your iceblock lasts longer than the focus span of your enemy?

FE on the other hand, with Euphoria proc will leave at least 1 Astral Empowerment stack which would work against you once you are in Eclipse.

Making it only generate energy like the PvP 4p bonus is the best solution imo, like it was mentioned above.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    In what universe are warriors, paladins and mages forced to /cancelaura those buffs? What does the game care if your iceblock lasts longer than the focus span of your enemy?

FE on the other hand, with Euphoria proc will leave at least 1 Astral Empowerment stack which would work against you once you are in Eclipse.

Making it only generate energy like the PvP 4p bonus is the best solution imo, like it was mentioned above.
    Mages cancelling iceblocks after the attack on a boss has landed so they can start dpsing again? Warriors cancelling recklessness when they get focussed so they don't die?

Theres a very easy solution to your euphoria proc problem as well, cast FF 1 spell too early. The duration was increased to 20 seconds which makes it so that its possible to use FF when you are 5 spells away from eclipse normally. You will then cast 3 spells with AE giving energy for 4, with the chance of getting a Euphoria proc which will save you from casting a 4th spell after AE ended and if it doesn't proc you just cast a 4th spell and get into the next eclipse. You'll have enough time to cast MF/SuF, Starfall and a starsurge and then still cast 3 starfires/wraths.

Deleted
    Anyone done any proper testing/simming about when to use incarnation/nature's vigil and celestrial aligment to perform the most? So far I've done inc + NV at 100 solar energy with the FE 3x wrath buff and went all the way to Lunar and by lunar ends the inc + NV usually ends and i pop CA and try use a complete FE during the duration and just keep on going as usual.

Deleted
    In the universe of World of Warcraft where you might want to iceblock/deterrence/bubble a mechanic like hour of twillight on ultraxion and then keep dpsing instantly after to meet the enrage. You obviously haven't done it on 25hc before the nerfs where dps actually mattered or you'd know.

I'm not defending the new mechanics of AE, just saying it wouldn't be the only instance where you would need /cancelaura macros to play at high levels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    Mages cancelling iceblocks after the attack on a boss has landed so they can start dpsing again? Warriors cancelling recklessness when they get focussed so they don't die?

Theres a very easy solution to your euphoria proc problem as well, cast FF 1 spell too early. The duration was increased to 20 seconds which makes it so that its possible to use FF when you are 5 spells away from eclipse normally. You will then cast 3 spells with AE giving energy for 4, with the chance of getting a Euphoria proc which will save you from casting a 4th spell after AE ended and if it doesn't proc you just cast a 4th spell and get into the next eclipse. You'll have enough time to cast MF/SuF, Starfall and a starsurge and then still cast 3 starfires/wraths.
    It's still very awkward (and random) if you take Soul of the Forest.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flandersson View Post
    Anyone done any proper testing/simming about when to use incarnation/nature's vigil and celestrial aligment to perform the most? So far I've done inc + NV at 100 solar energy with the FE 3x wrath buff and went all the way to Lunar and by lunar ends the inc + NV usually ends and i pop CA and try use a complete FE during the duration and just keep on going as usual.
    What I'm doing is:
    Pop Incarnation+Nature's Vigil as you reach eclipse, pop Celestial Allignment+Berserking as you leave that same eclipse. Your Incarnation+NV will run out slightly after CA (2 seconds usually).
    Only problem with it might be that I do not actually know for sure that Incarnation stacks with CA I'll go test it now.

Ok so Incarnation does not seem to stack with CA. Then what I'd do is something similar to what you discribed, except that I'd use NV as you reach the 2nd eclipse so that it lasts through CA.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    It's still very awkward (and random) if you take Soul of the Forest.
    What you do with SotF is use FF as soon as you leave solar and 1 spell before leaving lunar. This is actually great for lunar because you will get 4 eclipsed spells benefitting from FE instead of only 3
    Last edited by Miraclous; 2012-07-15 at 10:53 AM.

While I'm in danger of sounding like a negative nelly, I'd rather they just remove it in all honesty.

It's fiddly for the sake of being fiddly.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodpad View Post
    While I'm in danger of sounding like a negative nelly, I'd rather they just remove it in all honesty.

Which is exactly why I like it
    It also allows us to have more benefits in PvP and it's another spell that can be used during movement.
    Last edited by Miraclous; 2012-07-15 at 11:37 AM. Reason: misclick

I hope that they start to work seriously, because right now they still continue to change random things in a random way without a real idea in mind.
    The talents are still pure garbage (but instead of fixing we'll give you a 6% stats!), we still miss base mechanics we need to be more efficient in both pve and pvp environments (effective interrupts, dps on move mechanics, real defensive cd...) and they haven't a clue of the situation, giving to us something stupid on so many levels like Fae Empcrapment...even Symbiosis is still there unchanged. Meh.

I've never heard another spec that has to decide to remove a passive buff in order to not get screwed over (besides 4.2 Lunar Shower before the fix)
    Shadow priests /cancelaura on Mind Melt when using their 4 piece, as the instant mindblasts(if they didn't cancel the buff) wouldn't allow enough time for the shadowfiend to melee and get 3 orbs for said Mindblast.

Though i agree its kinda sloppy when you have to do that. But dem's de breaks sometimes when you want to eek out a little extra.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodpad View Post

Agreed. Not fair that some classes can just zerg into a fight and top meters, when others have to put up with mundane stuff like this AND push out less numbers. The Balance rotation is fun as-is, it didn't need this :<

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Agreed. Not fair that some classes can just zerg into a fight and top meters, when others have to put up with mundane stuff like this AND push out less numbers. The Balance rotation is fun as-is, it didn't need this :<
    some people, including me, have different understanding about "fun rotation"

the current rotations on Live and on beta are both dead boring and easy to use, no matter if there is FF included or not - hell Wotlk rotation was more interesting because of the randomness with eclipse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    some people, including me, have different understanding about "fun rotation"

the current rotations on Live and on beta are both dead boring and easy to use, no matter if there is FF included or not - hell Wotlk rotation was more interesting because of the randomness with eclipse.
    Well there was some randomness in it but still WotlK rotation was kinda boring. The main thing could be explained with spam Wrath till Lunar proccs and spam Starfire until Solar proccs.

Still I have to say that I see your point. Id prefer WotlK to Cata ... I remember ICC with 100% Starfirecrit in Lunar.

I also dont like the FE mechanic. Lets see how this all will turn out.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I created a topic over on the EU forums HERE, regarding my thoughts on the direction balance druids are taking in MoP. If anyone wants to comment on it please do so becasue I think too little is being discussed on the EU forums.

In what universe are warriors, paladins and mages forced to /cancelaura those buffs?.
    Lol I could name so many situations but i'll just let you slide on that one...

Our T13 4 piece is really, really good right now. On a dummy, I'm pulling roughly 3k less dps than I do in 4 piece Malevolent gear. And that's what.. a 70 ilvl decrease? Assuming Starsurge doesn't get nerfed and depending on what my ilvl looks like when progression starts, I may actually use T13 over MoP gear...

If that's the case, they'll just nerf the 4p.