Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Help me with Ore Shuffle.

So basically I've got like 300 stacks of elemtium ore. I'm going to prospect them, and make a ton of cata rings & necklaces etc. I'm then going to DE them all. But what then? Do I just sell the dust & essences, or do i make anything from it? I'm quite new to this. And I just want to make gold

Deleted
    if you want gold, then you sell it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    if you want gold, then you sell it.
    Sell the dust & essences?
    Last edited by mmoc276d3af337; 2012-02-28 at 02:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesri View Post
    You hardly make any gold selling Elemtium ores
    Pretty sure he meant the dust & essences and not the ores themselves. But yes, that's what's best to do. Save carnelians for inferno ruby transmuting if you got an alchemist.

- Transmute the carnelians into rubies, then cut and sell them.
    - Cut and vendor the zephyrites.
    - Make all the other stuff into jewelry and DE that jewelry. At that point, if you want easy and quick gold then just sell the mats. If you want a potentially larger profit but one that takes more time, use the mats to make enchants on vellums and sell the scrolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Profish13 View Post
    - Transmute the carnelians into rubies, then cut and sell them.
    - Cut and vendor the zephyrites.
    - Make all the other stuff into jewelry and DE that jewelry. At that point, if you want easy and quick gold then just sell the mats. If you want a potentially larger profit but one that takes more time, use the mats to make enchants on vellums and sell the scrolls.
    I personally wouldnt go the scroll route. Ive tried doing this, and Im fairly sure Ive spent more money just listing scrolls on the AH rather then actually making money off of them...

10+ Year Old Account
    Also don't sell the enchanting mats in bulk. Your loosing a lot of potential gold by selling in bulk. The best time to list mats is Tuesday after a reset. A lot of people raid and do LFR right after reset. Ive tested this theory for 2 months, you make the most off of mats+gems earlier in the week than you do at the end of the week. (On my server anyway, i am sure it differs by realm)

1.Prospect all your ore, immediately cut/vendor Zephyrites.
    2.Assuming you have a transmute specced Alchemist + Herbalist, transmute all Carnelian into Inferno Rubies. (having the herbalist saves gold on Heartblossom, it can reach retarded prices on my realm, and only takes an hour to farm 200+ in Deepholme).
    3.Check which cut of the Rubies is selling the highest. Lets assume you have 60 Inferno Rubies after transmute. If its Brilliant (which it always is on my server) Cut and list 30 Brilliant, 15 Bold, and 15 Delicate.
    4.Grab some candy, coffee, magazine, tv remote, and start using your JC to make nightstone, hessonite, alicite, and jasper rings.
    5.Grab more coffee.........Disenchant said rings.
    6.List materials
    7.Profit
    8.Find More cheap ore.
    9.Repeat

I easily make 100k a month, and only flip a couple times. usually about 2000 ore per flip.

Enjoy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mychelle View Post
    I personally wouldnt go the scroll route. Ive tried doing this, and Im fairly sure Ive spent more money just listing scrolls on the AH rather then actually making money off of them...
    So what do you recommend?

Scrolls sell slowly, and unless you have a lot of Maelstroms, which you won't get from DEing rings and necklaces you cannot make the valuable enchants anyway. Sell the dusts and essences. Also, check AH prices before you make Nightstone Collars, often the raw nightstones sell for more than their DE value since they are useful for leveling JC and for the JC daily. Sell or Xmute Carnelians, cut and vendor Zephyrites, etc.

Also get a mod that lets you DE and Prospect by holding alt and clicking the stack. There are several available and you will be spending a lot of time clicking to do 300 stacks

Molinari is one of them that allows holding down alt and clicking on the stack. You can also use Panda for an interface to click on the ore. Panda has issues though if you have odd stacks of ore not in multiples of 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get prospect and bind it to a key, it will prospect and loot for you. It will also DE and loot for you, saves a load of clicks.

I use a macro:

/cast prospecting
    /use elementium ore

And bind it to a key. Then use a program like http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...-Presser.shtml to continually press that key automatically.

I don't know if this is botting, but I don't really care. Not going to sit there and hit the same key for an hour straight.

You can also use the same method to DE green items, just need a different macro with the item codes.

TSM has a destroying module that does everything for you, so you don't have to set up macros and worry about even stacks, all you have to do is press the big "Destroy!" button over and over (or find a way to have something else press that button for you ).

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

Deleted
    Its 1 silver for listing enchants. I always go for enchants. Sometimez i sell dusts if i have too many. Zephrytes u can ah them when the daily at jc is up.

The economy varies by server. That being said, from my experience, high-end enchants and item enhancements do not sell well at all. These days, WoW is populated mostly by casuals (as opposed to hardcore players). Therefore, the casuals represent the majority of the market demand.

The high-end stuff does not move well, compared to raw mats (shards, ore, cloth). I believe that the Cata playerbase is more concerned with alts, which has affected demand in 2 ways -

1) Proliferation of alts with maxed out professions => every player is pretty much self-sufficient in the crafting aspect. So crafting is saturated and doesn't really command as much of a premium as it did before.

2) Because there are more alts, players need to purchase more raw materials to level up their professions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    I use a macro:

/cast prospecting
    /use elementium ore

And bind it to a key. Then use a program like http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...-Presser.shtml to continually press that key automatically.

I don't know if this is botting, but I don't really care. Not going to sit there and hit the same key for an hour straight.

You can also use the same method to DE green items, just need a different macro with the item codes.
    i think it DOES count as botting, but i wouldn't have thought it'd be detectable.. i mean, no-one's going to report you for sitting in orgrimmar prospecting.
    either way, they REALLY need to add some way to queue it up, at least with smelting and such i can go get a cup of tea while it's running

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtaroth View Post
    i think it DOES count as botting, but i wouldn't have thought it'd be detectable.. i mean, no-one's going to report you for sitting in orgrimmar prospecting.
    either way, they REALLY need to add some way to queue it up, at least with smelting and such i can go get a cup of tea while it's running
    It's technically against the TOS but a totally unenforceable and undetectable victimless crime.

/shrug

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

tarouwowguides.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mychelle View Post
    Every server is different of course, but Ive found there are a handful of common enchants that sell for more than the mats. Thats not counting recipes that require maelstroms, which have an even larger profit margin.

It ultimately comes down to doing research on what works for your server and then following through with whats more profitable. I play on two servers, on my main one there is a lot of profit in a wide variety of enchants. On my secondary server, there are only a handful of profitable enchants and it takes a long time to sell.
    Last edited by Profish13; 2012-02-28 at 08:00 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    I use a macro:

/cast prospecting
    /use elementium ore

against TOS :P
    anyway you could also add a script to open mails when you run out of Ores so you can shuffle 3-400 stacks at time without even watch the monitor, or even more if you add a script to mail gems on another char (and when finished, another one to craft nack/rings and mail them to another char)
    obviously i've tried it, works and it's undetectable, but it's way too lame ^_^