Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Prot Paladin Soloing Lost City of Tol'vir (N)

After clearing Stonecore and Vortex Pinnacle successfully earlier this week, I decided to put my skills to a greater test and enter the Lost City of Tol'vir. This was my first and only attempt so far. It took me about 50 minutes to down all 4 bosses, only having 1 death in the process.

I decided to post this since I couldn't find anything on youtube about a paladin soloing this instance, and I wanted to show those out there who enjoy soloing that this dungeon is now open to mess around in. You do get 30/33 JP for each boss, along with the rep, if you still happen to need it.

Deleted
    would be intersting to know what your gear is about

10+ Year Old Account
    My Armory
    Nothing special. :P

Is there any instance you think you lack the gear to do, but it might be doable with better gear?

I solo'd the first boss on heroic as a Prot Paladin to farm Treatises of Strategy when they were selling for 10k+.

i remember being forced to solo the first boss on heroic back like the first week of cataclysm because apparently mines are hard to avoid.

good riddance to my tank spec.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Nice! Soloing current content is pretty awesome.

Great job for your gear set. A little above average, but it shows you don't have to be raiding top tear for the gear to solo content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madmessias View Post
    Is there any instance you think you lack the gear to do, but it might be doable with better gear?
    I couldn't really say what else might be doable with better gear just yet, since i haven't tried anything outside of those 3 dungeons i listed. If i were to fix my talents to be more soloing appropriate and acquire some better gear, i would probably try the first 2 bosses in Grim Batol and possibly look into heroic Throne of Tides, Vortex Pinnacle, Stonecore, Lost City of Tol'vir, and Shadowfang Keep.

This is awesome, must try it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    I couldn't really say what else might be doable with better gear just yet, since i haven't tried anything outside of those 3 dungeons i listed. If i were to fix my talents to be more soloing appropriate and acquire some better gear, i would probably try the first 2 bosses in Grim Batol and possibly look into heroic Throne of Tides, Vortex Pinnacle, Stonecore, Lost City of Tol'vir, and Shadowfang Keep.
    Gotta look into sme more aswell, did a full clear of FB tho but i have quite much better gear then you so ^^

Any tips for someone wanting to solo StoneCore up to Slabhide for the mount?

398 Prot set.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post

398 Prot set.
    Doubt you can without sneaking past the first few packs. Will need a few invisibility potions to get through the trash up till the first boss. Then the rest is easy.

The only reason you can't cause you need a CC on a couple of mobs. The mobs have an enrage timer.*

398 Prot set.
    Its extremely easy on normal mode. I have been farming the mount for a while in my prot set just using Souldrinker and Seal of Insight, its enough heals to keep you up and you don't even have to WoG. Nice solo though, I'd never just solo a place if it didn't have a great reward or drop.

Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    Doubt you can without sneaking past the first few packs. Will need a few invisibility potions to get through the trash up till the first boss. Then the rest is easy.

The only reason you can't cause you need a CC on a couple of mobs. The mobs have an enrage timer.*
    OP said he cleared StoneCore and VP. I assume he meant he soloed them

---------- Post added 2012-03-07 at 04:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Joels View Post
    Its extremely easy on normal mode. I have been farming the mount for a while in my prot set just using Souldrinker and Seal of Insight, its enough heals to keep you up and you don't even have to WoG. Nice solo though, I'd never just solo a place if it didn't have a great reward or drop.
    Logged out in my tank set (Should). I don't have SoulDrinker.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP said he cleared StoneCore and VP. I assume he meant he soloed them
    I did mean that. Both were normal mode though, but i think the mounts still have a chance to drop.

Logged out in my tank set (Should). I don't have SoulDrinker.
    Don't mean to go offtopic here.. but, to be honest, you should have no problems. I kill all 3 sets of mobs with Millhouse manastorm in them, I use DPS trinkets (eye/bonelinkfetish) 2 piece ret(Helm and Legs are the best choices)and some other off-dps pieces. Just make sure that you are using seal of insight and you shouldn't have any issues at all, just try not to pull 2 of the stone giant things that do the stomp together. Each mount run takes about 7-13 minutes. Also, to the guy above me, the mounts certainly do drop off normal mode.

Edit: I went ahead and logged out in the gear I use to farm it, just click my signature for my armory if you want to see it.
    Last edited by Joels; 2012-03-07 at 10:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know I'm quoting myself here, but if anyone can manage to solo parts (or all) of a heroic, feel free to share it. I have a more recent post with the 2/4 normal Grim Batol and I think Halls of Origination is out of the question without even trying it, so heroics would probably be next.
    I have an idea of what I might be able to do.. :3

pretty sure you have to kill the groups with milhouse or they'll aggro during the first boss fight.

I know I'm quoting myself here, but if anyone can manage to solo parts (or all) of a heroic, feel free to share it. I have a more recent post with the 2/4 normal Grim Batol and I think Halls of Origination is out of the question without even trying it, so heroics would probably be next.
    I have an idea of what I might be able to do.. :3
    I soloed all off GB and first boss in HoO but was quite boring so i stopped, but i think most of HoO is soloable.
    Normal that is.